Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 194. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Sorry about this - it's a bug that some others have experienced as well. No need for concern beyond the inconvenience. Make a support request about it if you haven't already to get help.
Dargo, the Bitcoins are mine. Sorry but this "bug" is unacceptable.
Activity: 113
I just have a problem I never had before with Kraken:
I just bought some BTC and wanted to withdraw them. Although my balance is ~8.5BTC the maximum withdrawal is set to ~7.7BTC, which is the same amount as the shown "Free margin". What does this mean?
I am Tier3 User far away from any limits...
Same problem here. Request 66292. Please fix this bug ASAP.
Activity: 95
Can you guys please look at ticket ID 66230, I was told someone would get back to me and they haven't.

I know its not your fault but I'm in a bit of a hurry to get this resolved as I go on holiday shortly and will be without any proper comms  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Gna...still not fixed?!?
After logging in this morning I found the rest of my BTC released being able them to withdraw.
So I decided to buy some more BTC with the result, that some of them are stuck again, so that I can not withdraw them.
Very annoying, plese fix this ASAP!
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
I just bought some BTC and wanted to withdraw them. Although my balance is ~8.5BTC the maximum withdrawal is set to ~7.7BTC, which is the same amount as the shown "Free margin". What does this mean?

Same problem here. balance around 52btc -free margin around 47 and maximum withdrawal 0. May we worry?

Sorry about this - it's a bug that some others have experienced as well. No need for concern beyond the inconvenience. Make a support request about it if you haven't already to get help.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Same problem here. balance around 52btc -free margin around 47 and maximum withdrawal 0. May we worry?
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Activity: 102
Ok, solved with support.
Question... What will Kraken do to prevent such ddos attacks in future? Bitstamp for example solved that perfectly with Amazon.

We've already done some things that should help and plan to do a lot more. We are considering a switch to a different provider of DDoS protection. This is something the developers are working on and I don't have too many details at this point, so I can't say too much about it. But we understand that clients are concerned to know that we are taking appropriate measures, so we'll make a more detailed statement about it soon.

Great idea to move to a different DDoS provider
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
Thank you, Dargo. Now everything works fine  Smiley
legendary
Ok, solved with support.
Question... What will Kraken do to prevent such ddos attacks in future? Bitstamp for example solved that perfectly with Amazon.

We've already done some things that should help and plan to do a lot more. We are considering a switch to a different provider of DDoS protection. This is something the developers are working on and I don't have too many details at this point, so I can't say too much about it. But we understand that clients are concerned to know that we are taking appropriate measures, so we'll make a more detailed statement about it soon.
legendary
I know this has been asked before but is there any news on a websocket-based API (at least for trades and the order book). As the Kraken's trading volume grows, it would be great. Thanks!

Yes, we are in the process of building websockets now. But I can't give an ETA on it.
legendary
One thing we recommend for everyone is creating a master key

https://support.kraken.com/hc/articles/201396847-What-is-the-master-key-shown-on-the-two-factor-authentication-page-

One thing the master key will do is allow you to recover your account on your own (that way you don't need to rely on support at all). It's important that you store the master key on a different two-factor (2FA) device than the one you use for account login. If you only have one 2FA device (i.e. one cell phone that you use for 2FA), then the next best option is to just make the master key a static password and store that password very securely. If you use a static password you can always create a new static password after using the old one (effectively making it similar to a one-time password). You rarely need to use the master key, so it wouldn't be hard to just create a new static password each time you have to use the master key for something.

In case it's helpful for anyone, here's a Kraken blog post from a long time ago discussing two-factor authentication and why it's important to set up distinct authentication channels.

http://blog.kraken.com/post/96737897057/the-importance-of-two-factor-authentication
legendary
Dargo, this is getting annoying bcs over 4 days it isn`t possible for the support to give me an temporary OTP? You`re kidding, eh!?  Sad

See the update to your ticket for instructions on accessing your account. You should have access now. I'm very sorry for the delay - support is normally very responsive, but has been under heavy load the past week or so and is still catching up.

Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Ok, solved with support.
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
Dargo, this is getting annoying bcs over 4 days it isn`t possible for the support to give me an temporary OTP? You`re kidding, eh!?  Sad
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I know this has been asked before but is there any news on a websocket-based API (at least for trades and the order book). As the Kraken's trading volume grows, it would be great. Thanks!
Dargo, this is getting annoying... 24h?
Activity: 316
well i'm giving up even trying. hope you get this sorted out soon

exchange becomes totally unavailable when something is going on  Tongue

good luck kraken
legendary
Dargo. Please check request 65448. Thank you.

I've alerted support to your request and they will respond as soon as they can.

This is taking some time...

We have a backlog of tickets right now so support is slower than usual, but we'll respond as soon as we can.
Dargo. Please check request 65448. Thank you.

I've alerted support to your request and they will respond as soon as they can.

This is taking some time...
Jump to: