Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 291. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Currency pairs have the form XBT/EUR (500 EUR/XBT), LTC/EUR (14 EUR/LTC) and XBT/LTC (40 LTC/XBT).

Is there any option to flip the order on XBT/LTC?

Such that it's possible to show a) LTC/XBT (in sub-menu LTC?) and b) XBT/LTC (in sub-menu XBT?).

Cheers. Smiley
I would also like to see this option. The reason is almost every other site I have seen and traded on shows XBT/LTC the other way ie. - LTC/XBT
I'm much more accustomed to seeing it this way.  I would like to see this option too thanks.
Peace.
I think most engineers and scientists would disagree.

XBT/USD notation in the scientific world would mean: XBT per USD. So a notation of USD/XBT would say x USD per Bitcoin.

That the forex world uses XBT/USD as "x Bitcoin in USD" confused me a lot in the beginning.
Yes, I think your statements are correct, what your saying the current listing of XBT/LTC is actually backwards and should read LTC/XBT.  I don't know which way they want to write it and I don't care, I just want to see the conversion shown the opposite way because that's what I'm used to and what most other sites use.

if most other sites do mistakes it is better not to go mainstream and clone their mistakes but to make it correct. For the same reason gox and bitstamp have currently suspended bitcoin withdrawals and kraken is working well.
LTC/BTC flip was already asked here and discussed around 20-30 pages ago, as per information from there, such flip will not happened. The best solution is to handle flip on your side where you need it, it is not so difficult.

Alright, is that popular opinion?  IS that the companies position?  I don't think it's a mistake by other sites, I just thinks its the way they have chosen to run things.  I am trying to get used to it.
Thanks

The reason we have the pair flipped relative to other exchanges is that we want to avoid the situation where LTC/XBT price is a very small fraction. We think this is how it ought to be done, but we understand that it's awkward when other exchanges do it differently. I'm not sure what can be done to address the awkwardness, but we'll think about it.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
Currency pairs have the form XBT/EUR (500 EUR/XBT), LTC/EUR (14 EUR/LTC) and XBT/LTC (40 LTC/XBT).

Such that it's possible to show a) LTC/XBT (in sub-menu LTC?) and b) XBT/LTC (in sub-menu XBT?).

Cheers. Smiley
I would also like to see this option. The reason is almost every other site I have seen and traded on shows XBT/LTC the other way ie. - LTC/XBT
I'm much more accustomed to seeing it this way.  I would like to see this option too thanks.
Peace.

XBT/USD notation in the scientific world would mean: XBT per USD. So a notation of USD/XBT would say x USD per Bitcoin.

That the forex world uses XBT/USD as "x Bitcoin in USD" confused me a lot in the beginning.
Yes, I think your statements are correct, what your saying the current listing of XBT/LTC is actually backwards and should read LTC/XBT.  I don't know which way they want to write it and I don't care, I just want to see the conversion shown the opposite way because that's what I'm used to and what most other sites use.

if most other sites do mistakes it is better not to go mainstream and clone their mistakes but to make it correct. For the same reason gox and bitstamp have currently suspended bitcoin withdrawals and kraken is working well.
LTC/BTC flip was already asked here and discussed around 20-30 pages ago, as per information from there, such flip will not happened. The best solution is to handle flip on your side where you need it, it is not so difficult.

Alright, is that popular opinion?  IS that the companies position?  I don't think it's a mistake by other sites, I just thinks its the way they have chosen to run things.  I am trying to get used to it.
Thanks
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
I created an excel sheet that allows me to track my profits/losses for Kraken and show a monthly overview of my profits/losses in a chart: http://sdrv.ms/1erQHfD

Feel free to use and edit it.
Activity: 149
Confirmed, I have my money now Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
My 2 withdrawals arrived in my bankaccount just yet. So it's within the 4 working days period stated by Kraken. Some other Dutch folks on another forum are also reporting that their withdrawals are in. I guess we were just spoiled with withdrawals always coming through the next working day (or even the same day sometimes) in the past Smiley
Activity: 175

Cheers. Smiley
Peace.

Cheers. Smiley
Peace.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Cheers. Smiley
Peace.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Still no money on my bank account. I m waiting 2 withdrawals, in my account is written "success" in both transactions.

Cheers. Smiley
Peace.
Activity: 26
Someone from support contacted you a little while ago. No deposit matching the information you gave us has been credited to our account with Fidor. Fidor cannot find any record of receiving this transfer. Fidor also had their (most commonly used) correspondent bank check and they don't have a record of the transaction either. The next step is to find out who is supposed to have sent the transfer to Fidor's correspondent bank (whether it was your bank or some intermediary bank) and have them contact Fidor's correspondent bank so they can settle the issue between them. This step will have to be initiated by your bank because we don't know where the transfer may have come from (whether from your bank or from some other). I know that your bank assured you that the transaction cleared all the way through to Fidor, but it seems that this may not be the case.   

It was sent directly to your bank, directly to your account. My bank has confirmed this and will be checking.

It is generally the fact that a whole load of the time this is taking has been waiting for your support to reply.

I am now at a  stage where once I get my money back either way I very much doubt I will be using Kraken going forward. I am highly doubtful this is my banks fault as I have banked with them for over 15 years and I send 30-40 sizeable international transfers a year which I have NEVER had a problem with.
Activity: 127
Money be green
I just want to say that Kraken has been the best exchange for me. With Justcoin a close second. Kraken have been extremely professional and they obviously have put a bit of thought into their in-house technology. The speed of SEPA withdrawals has been next-day for me every time. Incredible stuff.

Keep up the great work guys.

Regards,
Al

It would be cool to see a chart of the daily Kraken volume since its launch. Anybody has this data?

Try these:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=btc-usd&market=kraken
https://bitcoinity.org/markets/kraken/EUR
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/btc/usd/kraken/alltime
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It would be cool to see a chart of the daily Kraken volume since its launch. Anybody has this data?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Lol Kraken, how many new customers did you guys get today? People are extremely positive about you(which is justified) in reddit.

Keep up the good work! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Under my withdrawals is says status "sent" but under euro tab it says:

Withheld - €xxx.xx (instead of 0)
Withheld (converted) - $xxx.xxx (instead of 0)

Does this mean my money is not even sent to the bank?

The funds are withheld until the transaction status changes to "Success." "Sent" basically just means we've started processing the request, so it doesn't mean sent to the bank.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

Cheers. Smiley
why?  you just have to make a "sell" order instead of a "buy" order to switch it.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

Cheers. Smiley
Activity: 43
Under my withdrawals is says status "sent" but under euro tab it says:

Withheld - €xxx.xx (instead of 0)
Withheld (converted) - $xxx.xxx (instead of 0)

Does this mean my money is not even sent to the bank?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Are there withdrawal problems at the moment? I requested a withdrawal on friday, it was sent, but I don't have it on my bank account yet. Usually I receive the money the same day when I request it at the beginning of the day.

The withdrawal ID is ACCBMTY-4O5W75-ZXHOAA btw.

Dargo can you check this one? I still don't have the money.

I'm also waiting for a (SEPA) withdrawal made last friday. I hadn't made a point about this, because I typically give the banking system 1-2 days leeway beyond the usual transaction time before trying to find out what happened.

The same here, I made SEPA withdrawal yesterday (in my kraken account is written "success") but no money on my bank account.

There may be a problem, but sometimes SEPA can just take longer than it normally does. Please give the transactions 4 complete business days to work, then create a ticket if you still don't have the funds. We can't investigate these without our bank, and they ask that we give them some time to work first.

I had not yet made a ticket, because I've noticed in the past that SEPA transactions sometimes randomly take 1-2 days more, so I'll give it more time. But it does seem to be a more widespread issue. On a Dutch forum that I frequent, there are several people with friday/monday withdrawals that haven't received the funds yet.
Jump to: