Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 304. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
In which case they're mentioned on the verification-page.
I didn't yet open an account, so I guess I cannot access this page, I thought someone here might happen to know the answers and just post them here **before** I make a decision and go through the trouble of creating an account and updating all my password and 2fa database backups. It was just meant as an informal question, I cannot find any answers anywhere, no matter how hard I try googling.
Activity: 728
I didn't pay close attention for the last few months, so I have a few questions I could not find answers in the FAQ:

* Is it now available for German residents, I heard somewhere it was available now?
* What are the needed verification documents for tier 2 (3, 4) for German users?
* What are the deposit/withdraw limits for tier 2 (3, 4) for German users (and other limitations)?

Sorry if these are FAQ, I could not find the answers on the website.

German availability was announced a while ago already. I guess that the documentation requirements and limits are the same regardless of country. In which case they're mentioned on the verification-page.
Activity: 938
https://youengine.io/
I didn't pay close attention for the last few months, so I have a few questions I could not find answers in the FAQ:

* Is it now available for German residents, I heard somewhere it was available now?
* What are the needed verification documents for tier 2 (3, 4) for German users?
* What are the deposit/withdraw limits for tier 2 (3, 4) for German users (and other limitations)?

Sorry if these are FAQ, I could not find the answers on the website.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'd like to add my concerns as to orders appearing on the Recent Trades output and not being consistent with either the market or my own order book. Why have my limit orders at around 623 not been filled overnight on the 20th January when the market has clearly traded above 624 at around 03:19:31? Notwithstanding the fact that the 24 hour high is printed at around 690.

You're going to lose business if this these inconsistencies are not sorted out.

Public Account ID: AA73 N84G BFW5 LDWA

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Hi Everyone,

I'll check on the non-filled order issue with the dev who's looking into it and let you know. It's Sunday night here in the states though, so probably I won't hear back until sometime tomorrow. 
Activity: 34
The market data page shows the book was crossed on two separate occasions last night. http://i40.tinypic.com/1zgfck8.png

I have a hunch that the it's just the reading of the orderbook part thats broken, not the engine itself. There was a similar situation a while ago.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Dargo/support, looking forward for any information regarding the bug related to non filled orders. It seems to be a serious issue.
Activity: 44
The problem is not Kraken but the fact there is not much people trading BTC in EUR.
Actually, if we only consider BTC/EUR, Kraken will soon be the first exchange!

Last 24h
Mt.Gox   BTC/EUR   675.000000 EUR   318.1867 BTC   
Kraken   BTC/EUR   607.990000 EUR   316.6295 BTC   
BTC-e   BTC/EUR   613.498000 EUR   170.6412 BTC

Best prices too!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Kraken, are there any plans on advertising your platform? I know a lot of dutch guys on another forum are switching to bitstamp because your volume is too low. Which is sad, cause I really like your platform.

Kraken is the tenth biggest exchange http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/info

Let your Dutch friends give Kraken more time.
Activity: 266
Kraken, are there any plans on advertising your platform? I know a lot of dutch guys on another forum are switching to bitstamp because your volume is too low. Which is sad, cause I really like your platform.
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
It was a 690 peak: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/kraken/btceur. It was definitely a bug, I had a sell order at 620 but it wasn't touched. Somehow someone really bought for 690. Wonder why, and wonder how.

There were also similarily looking occurances in LTCEUR on Kraken (last one happened on 11 Jan 2014). I too would like to know whether it is due to an unintended bug or an intended ''inteligent design''.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
At the moment there is a bug with the orderbook, too. Maybe it is the cause for the main bug.
I place a sell order at 612€, but it does not show up in the order book. I waited 5 minutes and also did a new order.
(now after ~7minutes it showed up with several other orders. Now I can make orders as intended)

So there could be a problem with the orderbook, causing these bugs and the 690€ peak.
Activity: 44
Same here, had a sell order at 650 and it hasn't been touched.  Huh
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
It was a 690 peak: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/kraken/btceur. It was definitely a bug, I had a sell order at 620 but it wasn't touched. Somehow someone really bought for 690. Wonder why, and wonder how.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Just noticed something odd. While both bid and ask for BTC/EUR are in the 580 range, a 1 BTC buy at 550 was listed in the trade history, both on the site and via the API. The bid-ask-graph doesn't show the bids or asks coming down from the 580s and there's nothing that indicates why a coin could've been bought at 550. The time of the trade was 01:15:33 CET.
yes.. I also noticed this several times before with different numbers... I also reported it here with a screenshot some weeks ago.

here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3858915

Thanks - we'll take a look at this.

Hm.. today there was alot of this kind of bug O.ô (at least 2 times in one hour I watched the market and I think the peak to ~680€ was a bug, too?)
so can you fix this?
Activity: 10
Well, gleaming report from me.

Support managed to get the missing wire transfers located and issued as high priority SWIFTS; confirmed into my account several hours later for slightly higher than the interbank exchange rate also.

SEPA that was sent to wrong IBAN has been located and re-credited back to my account also.

Take my hat off to you all at Kraken, keep up the fantastic work!

Many thanks
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Dear Kraken support !

Can someone please respond to e-mails and ticket (Request #17067), I think I deserve it after 3 days or not ?
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
Related to this, i understand kraken values its trading engine resources highly. I really think you should krank down the decimals allowed for prices. 5 decimals at 600 eur per btc is insignificantly low compared to transaction cost and spread, especially with these kinds of volumes.  I sometimes see bots trying to outbid eachother for 0.00001 price differences, which does almost nothing for the spread nor trading volume but takes up just as much resources nonetheless. Incidentally it also makes it much easier to see what average price at size is going to be when looking at the orderbook.

I'd say 2 decimals is more then enough, which is relatively still higher then the ticksize in fiat forex, where volume is much higher, volatility lower and transaction cost much smaller. Also bitstamp does it succesfully being one of the biggest players.

Anyone wants to weigh in on this?

Yes, you are correct, the additional granularity really doesn't help the marketplace. It's not disastrous, but it creates an incentive for certain types of bot activity that doesn't really benefit the liquidity of the exchange. I say this as a bot operator who profits a little bit from this sort of activity. At today's prices, I would go further and say that 1 decimal is plenty (making the minimum spread about 1 basis point).
Activity: 10
Sorry to hear about this, but it will get sorted out eventually. I've read about other cases where customers have been given incorrect information by their own bank, such as wrong IBAN, BIC, etc.

Thanks Dargo;
I'm confident that it will be resolved eventually, support already advised the SEPA has been returned so will be credited to my account shortly; just waiting on further info regarding the failed wire transfers but again have every confidence in your support teams.

Many compliments to Kraken, compared to other exchanges your services and support are miles above the competition.
Just wish my bank could instill the same confidence in me lol!

Cheers

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Hi Dargo,
I got a response to the initial ticket requesting more info about my trading, which i responded to on january 9 (two emails), but haven't heard back since. Not in the spam folder either.

PMed the latest response from support on your ticket.
Jump to: