Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 301. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Anybody know what this input in the api is for: ofs = result offset ?
It's a parameter in the methods for closed orders and recent trades, but i don't really understand what it means.
Activity: 26
To be fair to them, all of their FAQs say wait 4 days, (although in terms of a SEPA transfer with a BIC and an IBAN from UK to Germany it should be there almost instantly).

Noting the above it sounds like FIDOR bank or whatever it is called is a bit crap and small and their help desk is being overloaded because of it.

It is the hilarious "oh sorry it will take a few business days to get to you support request" in the auto response email that irked me. Basically if you have a backlog on your help desk, get everyone on the help desk until the backlog is cleared.
Activity: 376
Merit: 312
Can you say... nighty-night?
Here are alot of horror stories about kraken support, well, let me tell you about my horror storie:

I'm moving soon, and to get everything updated in time, i thought i contact the support in advance before i move. Even with just tier 2 verification, i think address should match to not run into trouble later. Few hours ago i opened a support ticket about my future issue. Within minutes (yes, minutes, i was really shocked) support repsonded! You dont want hear the following details about this story.

End of story, by this chance, i also applied for tier 3 verification and hell, i'm already tier 3.

Conclusion: Very fast and helpful support, smooth exchange and all SEPA withdraws so far went very fast.

Had to be said! Happy people tend to not complain Smiley

Disclaimer: I'm not kraken affiliated, I'm just a customer.
Activity: 21
I made a SEPA transfer in from a UK account 5 days ago and still nothing. I emailed support and haven't received a response.

Kraken needs to up their game in this department if they seriously want to survive the rush to Bitcoin that is coming.

Ouch Sad Another bad feedback. 5 days in this particular market is a very long waste of time and money.

What about Mt-gox ? The up to 20 days to validate the account has kind of dishearten me.

So in the end, what is the best place to buy BTC with a non-digital currency ?
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
I deposited both LTC and BTC, sold them both and withdrew money in the form of Korean won, and all was completed in a timely matter.
Very happy with the operation of the exchange on the Korean won side.  Not sure about the other currencies or order books.
Peace.
Activity: 26
I made a SEPA transfer in from a UK account 5 days ago and still nothing. I emailed support and haven't received a response.

Kraken needs to up their game in this department if they seriously want to survive the rush to Bitcoin that is coming.
Seems to be recurrent in several trading sites... Just how many people do works on a site like kraken for example ? And how many for the support team ? Cause a responsive and efficient support is key to any business imo. Don't want my money to end up lost somewhere between a point a and b.

I'm deeply interested in Doge. Euros to BTC then BTC to Doge. The only road right now ? The taxes for each exchange is amazingly high in comparison with the usual market.

Anyway, I'll give a try for a small amount to begin. Hope doge won't rise too close to the moon during the process'

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Safe and smooth: yes. A lot of people experienced troubles with support though (not that they weren't helpful, but they're just really busy and don't always reply).
Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you guys have any feedbacks about kraken ? Is it safe and smooth with a efficient support ?
Just choose SEPA Smiley Takes 24 hours max on business days.
Hey guys, quick questions, what is the difference between Wire or SEPA transfer ? I want to make a deposit to buy btw with euros, how long does it take usually to be done by kraken ?

Sorry for my english.
Activity: 224
This is day 22, I have still not received my refund on the deposit I requested. I made sure everything was spot on, including reference numbers etc etc.... It is a fairly large sum of money. I have been speaking to someone at CS, he sounds nice enough. He's basically passing the buck on, saying he is not responsible for doing the transfers and has informed the CEO about it. I am getting very frustrated and angry with this whole this. If I don't receive it by Friday, I am thinking of doing the inevitable.   Cry
Here I am again guys, with yet another update. I just submitted a new major update for my WP8 app that features trading from within the app:

If Microsoft accepts the update, Windows Phone users will be trading on the run within a week.
Activity: 10
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
I advice everybody to stay away from kraken.com

I made a euro withdrawal on December 30, 2013. I did not get my money yet. I send them an e-mail and after two weeks they replied that the withdrawal got stuck somewhere. It also said it might take 4 weeks to fix it. Kraken support on reddit tells me other things. There are more people experiencing the same problems.

Kraken.com is either a scam or a terrible exchange with slow to none existent support.

I sent you a PM asking for the ticket number. 
Activity: 175
I advice everybody to stay away from kraken.com

I made a euro withdrawal on December 30, 2013. I did not get my money yet. I send them an e-mail and after two weeks they replied that the withdrawal got stuck somewhere. It also said it might take 4 weeks to fix it. Kraken support on reddit tells me other things. There are more people experiencing the same problems.

Kraken.com is either a scam or a terrible exchange with slow to none existent support.
mine 2 SEPA withdrawals done already within EU were delivered in 1-2 days.
In my opinion kraken's support is the best from the leading markets, but for sure it can be better.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I'm quite sure Kraken is good, actually, I'm quite confident it's one of the better ones... feel free to go over to mtgox if you are concerned about it  Undecided
Kraken is not a scam. Did a successful withdrawal 4 times. Before you cry wolf: how do you know it's not your bank that's blocking the transaction? In that case it doesn't really matter what exchange you use.
Activity: 10
Even if kraken.com is not a scam. Their terrible support is reason enough to stay away from it. For me anyways.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
It's perfectly possible for the funds to be stuck at some intermediate bank. Read the link that was posted a little bit back in this thread about how bank-transfers work. It's a messy business and transfers aren't always sent directly from sender-bank to receiver-bank (which is why we need Bitcoin).

Kraken support told me something similar. Are you kraken affiliated?

No. I'm a fairly active user, but no different than any other user.
Jump to: