Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] labcoin ASIC - v.1 @130nm/300Mhz -16 cores chip - European / Chinese Team - page 15. (Read 33598 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Labcoin.com
You better be prepared to answer a lot of questions just to let you know a head of time. would you have an open day to visit your facility and show case your Asic Miner? Do you plan to have STOCKS on hand before taking order? What payments options do you plan on having, paypal, credit and debit cards, STP, Perfect Money, Payza, okpay, bank wire, bitcoin, instalments plan?

We are well prepared, i've replied to your email as well. We will have an open day in our offices and will show up prototypes of technology at work, once it is ready.
As i said earlier, we surely plan to have stock before taking ANY order. Regarding payment methods, maybe the question is still too early, but i will try to respond  :

1) Bitcoin
2) Bank Wire

Paypal is just outside our interest. We want them to sink, not finance them further.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Let me get this straight! It took you 14 posts to try to get outta Newbie hell over a period of a month, when it can be accomplished in 5 hours, yet you're here to convince us that you have the next best thing to help protect the network, and all we will accomplished without a hitch. Golly gee, I'm all goatse!

Now, I have to read this thread to see if it's warranted to stick it up your ass--further!

After reading your first 15 posts, I'm pretty sure we're dealing with a kid here, someone with the same mentality that would propose starting a Bitcoin Town.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
so one more to make an asic

that s interesting but your partner is little bit arrogant one

i do remember to have ask him to give me an advice/help on one vhdl design my tech wasnt able to synthetize and thie guy have replied as if it was only the one who will be able to achieve anything

but anyone world is large and there is space for anyone even for arrogant people

You mean his European or Chinese partner is Arrogant? would you mind to share a bit more

the guy who hold the theseven as nickname

he actually has a project but never took off http://www.fpgamining.com/?
Activity: 378

i do remember to have ask him to give me an advice/help on one vhdl design my tech wasnt able to synthetize and thie guy have replied as if it was only the one who will be able to achieve anything

but anyone world is large and there is space for anyone even for arrogant people

You mean his European or Chinese partner is Arrogant? would you mind to share a bit more

the guy who hold the theseven as nickname
Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Sure. Since we're avoiding most EDA tools licensing costs...
How do you avoid the cost of EDA tools?

did he say he is using some university facilities to reduce costs, since his development costs is minimal
hope he give us much cheaper price than others ..? most of us has already spend our very little funds available
on Avalon, Butterfly, Bitfury, Kncminer --- what is left?
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Sure. Since we're avoiding most EDA tools licensing costs...
How do you avoid the cost of EDA tools?
Activity: 378

i do remember to have ask him to give me an advice/help on one vhdl design my tech wasnt able to synthetize and this guy have replied as if it was only the one who will be able to achieve anything

but anyway world is large and there is space for anyone even for arrogant people

eve
Activity: 210
You better be prepared to answer a lot of questions just to let you know a head of time. would you have an open day to visit your facility and show case your Asic Miner? Do you plan to have STOCKS on hand before taking order? What payments options do you plan on having, paypal, credit and debit cards, STP, Perfect Money, Payza, okpay, bank wire, bitcoin, instalments plan?
Labcoin.com
Just watching, too.

BUT Newsletter would be really nice, just to not missing sth. out. Smiley

Thanks for your input, we will be rolling out a newsletter in the next few days. Cheers!

Can you reply my pm please. Thanks Wink

Ouch, i must have overlooked the PMs, i have a bunch of them. Going thru'em  right now, sorry.
Just watching, too.

Thanks for your input, we will be rolling out a newsletter in the next few days. Cheers!

Can you reply my pm please. Thanks Wink
Labcoin.com
Just watching, too.

Activity: 317
Merit: 252
In Rarity I trust!
Just watching, too.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Who or what is the European part of this company ?
+1

Also, will you actually sell hardware (blades) or shares? Not sure I understand...

The business model part mentions that, this is a decision that has not been yet taken. It depends on many still "unknow" factors.

EDIT : Further elaborating  with this bit from our website :

"At the moment we are able to fund a first test run of version 1 IC and continue development of version 2.
If v.1 IC test run is successful, we will purchase a run for 100.000 ICs which should yeld about 30 TH/sec in total.
We will deploy half of this hashing power for private use and re-sell the remaining stock of ICs in the form of high powered 'blade-like' devices.
Income generated will go toward the completion and tape-out of the version 2 IC."

The "unknow" factors, refer to the success/failure of first 180nm test run, on the success of which, depends a further, bigger run of ICs.
We still need to iron out some quirks with the preliminar design before we can safely go on tape-out phase, so you should get what i'm talking about, there are many 'chained' events which depend on each other success before we can achieve significant results and talk about selling devices or shares.
Nice - I will be interested in both options but if you ship from Asia (I live in Europe) maybe better if I have hosting/shares option.
Good luck anyway!
Labcoin.com
+1

Also, will you actually sell hardware (blades) or shares? Not sure I understand...

The business model part mentions that, this is a decision that has not been yet taken. It depends on many still "unknow" factors.

EDIT : Further elaborating  with this bit from our website :

"At the moment we are able to fund a first test run of version 1 IC and continue development of version 2.
If v.1 IC test run is successful, we will purchase a run for 100.000 ICs which should yeld about 30 TH/sec in total.
We will deploy half of this hashing power for private use and re-sell the remaining stock of ICs in the form of high powered 'blade-like' devices.
Income generated will go toward the completion and tape-out of the version 2 IC."

The "unknow" factors, refer to the success/failure of first 180nm test run, on the success of which, depends a further, bigger run of ICs.
We still need to iron out some quirks with the preliminar design before we can safely go on tape-out phase, so you should get what i'm talking about, there are many 'chained' events which depend on each other success before we can achieve significant results and talk about selling devices or shares.
Labcoin.com

The management, and a member of the technical team specifically.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
+1

legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
Labcoin.com
awesome! always good to see new players coming in. anyway keep your design simple guys and don't overstretch yourselves trying to win race in how advanced and latest NM technology you should have.. start with cheapest and fastest route to market which seems to be 130nm so far and once you have the lead sky is the limit. i'm sure most of us here don't care how ugly the board looks like as long as it hashes and stable... If you look at BFL it just got itself way too overstretched trying to win NM die size race...

Thanks for the interest so far. We will keep everyone updated about our progress.

Samuel Noi
labcoin.com

Thanks for your input.  Our main priority now is finalizing the design and put the ICs with a 180nm feature size in production.
Labcoin.com
Reserved

But your company & Asia Bussines same address.
http://www.asiabs.com/english/english_contact_us_hong_kong.htm

Explain please

Asia Business is who registered our legal entity in Hong Kong and included in the price of company registration you do get a a mail forwarding service, normally you use that for correspondance, until you find and buy/rent your office space.
Pages:
Jump to: