Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 2. (Read 106942 times)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100
LeaseRig.net is looking for new owner, check out here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/selling-service-profit-1-btc-per-week-525962

As for me, I am moving towards new and interesting projects  Grin

Well... This sucks, I highly doubt you will find somebody as dedicated as yourself.. time to see things go down-hill..
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
What's that? :p
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
LeaseRig.net is looking for new owner, check out here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/selling-service-profit-1-btc-per-week-525962

Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
It is reasonable for a rig owner to monitor the performance of the rigs being leased, but I believe that it is a conflict of interest to spy on what is being done with a leased rig.

I shall make a post in my reputation thread that I never compete with my tenants.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
As a rig owner and lessor here, I too have just recently been realizing the true potential behind leasing my observing what my lessees are doing. The last several have been mining new coins right when they launch (such as 10-5). When I checked up on their pool, they had the highest hash there and much more that just my rig, so they were probably renting several rigs at the same time pointed to different workers. I realized that with the $2000 that I spent to build my rig that does 1.4MH/s, I could have rented probably 100X the hash to focus on a new coin for just a few days at launch, get at ton of it to sell when that initial pump that usually happens, then stop leasing when its over. If one was good at spotting new coins (basically speculating) I believe you could make all your leasing money back plus quite a profit. Then just wait for the next new coin, rinse and repeat. And I agree that renting a single rig to mine an established/stabilized coin probably wouldn't be very profitable, if at all. I actually rented a couple of Scrypt rigs myself the other day while mine was tied up under lease mining Scrypt-N to try mining some BTCS when it was going up and made a few bucks as an experiment. It was risky though because it was a new coin and the difficulty algorithm was jumping around and kept the pools from finding a block for about an hour until it calmed down.

Good Luck Mining!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

Am I missing something or are the prices too high?

By my estimation , If we select the highest one right now (as I am writing this).

24 hours  :  0.02320000   

On coinwarz the most profitable coins are ;

VertCoin      : 0.02079060
 AlphaCoin    : 0.02064853
 Franko        : 0.01936566

And so on ,

Is there something that I am missing with the prices?
Not quite sure what you are saying but coinwartz currently showing vertcoin as  0.006833623 BTC / day
cheapest leasrig is 0.00696296
seems cheap to rent a rig to me if you dont have to pay out for the equipment, watch it, worry about it....
Plus, Its got to be worth more to rent out the rig than mine for us to do it or we would just mine ourselves, like we do when its not rented.....

The people who are renting our rigs are, in general, people who have a special purpose for doing so, not just the general public doing random mining. The other day I had the developer for Marinecoin mining with my rig. (I searched on the coin and discovered it, VERY briefly, had a market cap above that of bitcoin. At least technically. That evaporated quickly so I didn't follow up with my own mining on it.) Another guy I had was a Ukrainian mining Crimeacoin and similar stuff, probably for political purposes of some sort. Another was a guy mining Spaincoin last Thursday, several days before it spiked. I also managed to mine a bit of it afterwards and catch part of the wave, though I held on too long and barely got out intact after investing some of my BTC stash.

Point is, these are people with "hot tips" or special insight/information, or developers looking to do a bunch of early mining and so forth. I suppose there are "regular folks" just trying things out, but I doubt they are a big proportion of the rentals.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

By my estimation , If we select the highest one right now (as I am writing this).

And so on ,

Not quite sure what you are saying but coinwartz currently showing vertcoin as  0.006833623 BTC / day
cheapest leasrig is 0.00696296
seems cheap to rent a rig to me if you dont have to pay out for the equipment, watch it, worry about it....
Plus, Its got to be worth more to rent out the rig than mine for us to do it or we would just mine ourselves, like we do when its not rented.....
I can't get solo mining to work.

I've been downloading the wallet, editing the .conf file
Using XXLcoin to test:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcport=50771
rpcallowip=*
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
port=50772
addnode=209.208.111.233
addnode=92.234.241.91
addnode=195.138.68.2151
addnode=222.215.224.169
addnode=1.193.32.73
addnode=212.50.27.21

Pointed miner to: http://[my public address here]:50771

It's not a firewall issue, not connecting even with firewall disabled.
What am I doing wrong?

Do you have router? If yes, you need to forward port 50771.

I am not sure what is rpcconnect=127.0.0.1 doing in your config, you rather remove that out.

Also, make sure you point non-LRP rigs! LRP rigs can't solo mine, because only stratum protocol is supported.

And if you have multiple rigs pointed, make sure you increase rpcthreads. Should be at least number of rigs you have, but to be safe, set it a bit higher.
Activity: 196

And so on ,

Activity: 182
I can't get solo mining to work.

I've been downloading the wallet, editing the .conf file
Using XXLcoin to test:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcport=50771
rpcallowip=*
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
port=50772
addnode=209.208.111.233
addnode=92.234.241.91
addnode=195.138.68.2151
addnode=222.215.224.169
addnode=1.193.32.73
addnode=212.50.27.21

Pointed miner to: http://[my public address here]:50771

It's not a firewall issue, not connecting even with firewall disabled.
What am I doing wrong?
Activity: 83
Clearly visible, that LeaseRig gives much better profit than multipools: http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?page=stats&t=0
You should really post a link to this graph on your main page (if it's there, I totally failed to see it.)
legendary
Has anyone else who filled that current order for 0.00806 BTC/Mhash (was max 4 hours, now 3), received payment for it? I took it for 4 hours and the system accepted it normally and switched my rig over to it, but I never received payment, either in BTC or DOGE. That's the first time that has happened.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Can I suggest a feature? Can we have actual passwords for our accounts that we can set?
If provider is using LRP with share calculated speed (default), then speed will fluctuate.
ExD
Activity: 107
I've contacted rig provider, cgminer shows constant 0.43 rate on his side, it might be some configuration issue with LRP, I've checked other rigs that use proxy, hash rate tends to fluctuate heavily on some of them, while remains consistent on others.
Activity: 181
I think everyone can see if the speed of the rig is actually what they advertise - hell, you don't only see current speed, but speed for the past 24h.

Auto adjusting declared speed to average speed over some period could have big negative effects - speed can sometimes be low due to bad pools implied by customers.
Ok, I'll rent rigs with consistent rate then. I understand that it could be a bad idea, but misleading description is not something I want to see. Otherwise service is great so far.

I would also caution that the speed shown on Leaserig is almost surely low, at least in my experience. I've seen (in the rapidly scrolling Proxy window on a low diff coin) a momentary disconnect/connect that doesn't even register on CGminer, but it causes a big spike to 0 on the Leaserig stats page. Likewise, shutting down the miner and restarting it, within 10 seconds, causes a 3-4 minute "outage" to show up on Leaserig. I've seen this sort of exaggeration consistently. I think the 24-hour graph doesn't show it as severely, but it is still there.

Somehow letting Leaserig calculate the hashing power of a rig sounds good to me in theory, but I'd want to be sure it is fair and can't be gamed somehow. At least right now renters can review the stats on a rig's performance before they rent. And like someone else said, just reach out to the rig owner if something goes wrong. They should be responsive to those types of things.
There are some issues with the graph, catched too: pool reported no activity from miner for 5 minutes, on leaserig graph it was presented like down spike in hash rate from 3 to 2 Mh/s, I've seen several spikes like that with the duration 10, 20 minutes, 3 to 2Mhs, 3 to 1Mhs, I can interpret it differently, from cards misbehaving to rig went offline.

One important thing to note is, where are you looking to get a report of the hashrate for the rigs you rent. You should NOT be looking at the pool stats, as the reported rate on the pool doesn't not take into account rejects, discards, stales, etc. it only reports accepted submitted shares, so generally that amount fluctuates a lot. And as was noted before the LeaseRig stats can bill a little wonky some times, but generally are ok, many times my rigs show a lesser "24 average" than they actually hash at because of pool problems, down times, etc. Your best information is a 20 - 60 minutes report from LeaseRig.. That is my opinion on the matter.
ExD
Activity: 107
I think everyone can see if the speed of the rig is actually what they advertise - hell, you don't only see current speed, but speed for the past 24h.

Auto adjusting declared speed to average speed over some period could have big negative effects - speed can sometimes be low due to bad pools implied by customers.
Ok, I'll rent rigs with consistent rate then. I understand that it could be a bad idea, but misleading description is not something I want to see. Otherwise service is great so far.

I would also caution that the speed shown on Leaserig is almost surely low, at least in my experience. I've seen (in the rapidly scrolling Proxy window on a low diff coin) a momentary disconnect/connect that doesn't even register on CGminer, but it causes a big spike to 0 on the Leaserig stats page. Likewise, shutting down the miner and restarting it, within 10 seconds, causes a 3-4 minute "outage" to show up on Leaserig. I've seen this sort of exaggeration consistently. I think the 24-hour graph doesn't show it as severely, but it is still there.

Somehow letting Leaserig calculate the hashing power of a rig sounds good to me in theory, but I'd want to be sure it is fair and can't be gamed somehow. At least right now renters can review the stats on a rig's performance before they rent. And like someone else said, just reach out to the rig owner if something goes wrong. They should be responsive to those types of things.
There are some issues with the graph, catched too: pool reported no activity from miner for 5 minutes, on leaserig graph it was presented like down spike in hash rate from 3 to 2 Mh/s, I've seen several spikes like that with the duration 10, 20 minutes, 3 to 2Mhs, 3 to 1Mhs, I can interpret it differently, from cards misbehaving to rig went offline.
legendary

Activity: 126
Rented several rigs, actual rate on some of them is lower than what they write in description, 0.43->~0.3 real, I've seen one spike to 0.43 on that rig, it was luck I guess. Annoying to pay money for nonexistent power, Leaserig should measure past performance, adjust to average and charge accordingly, instead of relying on what miners declare.

Good idea.
But did you try to write this to your rig provider? He can for example repay you a third or extend your lease for a third of time...
Most of us are solid guys...maybe some dont.
Pages:
Jump to: