Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 5. (Read 106942 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
CUSTOMERS REFERRAL PROGRAM IN PLACE

If you can bring in some customers and would like to earn some % of their purchases, then visit: http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?page=account&r (note: you will need customers account).
great! Lets all get to it, might help raise our prices a bit!
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
CUSTOMERS REFERRAL PROGRAM IN PLACE

If you can bring in some customers and would like to earn some % of their purchases, then visit: http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?page=account&r (note: you will need customers account).
Activity: 6
Make sure you add this entry via web panel !

Yep, that is what I was doing.  After that didn't work through several iterations, I tried killing leaserigproxy, updating pools.conf and starting it back up. Same result.

If you do manual modification of pools.conf it won't work. The only way to change pools during lease time is via web. This is feature wanted by many so I implemented it.

That makes sense, and is what I expected. I only attempted it after the web interface completely failed and kept inserting the same dead server while serially removing the actual live one.

Yep, that is what I was doing.  After that didn't work through several iterations, I tried killing leaserigproxy, updating pools.conf and starting it back up. Same result.

If you do manual modification of pools.conf it won't work. The only way to change pools during lease time is via web. This is feature wanted by many so I implemented it.

I seem to be having an issue where the leaserig.net web service wants to keep jamming an invalid pool into the configuration for leaserigproxy (running on Linux).  

The pool was initially displayed as stratum+tcp://pool.teamdoge.com:80.  That is invalid and it is marked as dead.  I added stratum+tcp://pool.teamdoge.com:3333 and it says it is alive.

It keeps removing the 3333 entry and pushing the port 80 entry to the proxy.  I add it back and it keeps overwriting it.

What is the deal here?  
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I once got a customer, which wanted to solomine. Obviously, every solomining guide tels you to point your miner to your wallet, which is at 127.0.0.1 or localhost, so he did Cheesy

Isn't this your case too?
Good question.  I asked and the renter said no, because he was interested in mining Hex, which is what he returned to mining once he got my messages.
Activity: 83
Hey. I discovered where is the issue with your rig. You have BOTH methods enabled! I will add this to the GUIDE - both methods should not be enabled from now on, because after server restart, pools may be taken from your cgminer API - and there are usually local IPs. Just terminate support for method B and you will be good to go.

Rats!  I didn't leave it active on purpose.  I had intended to but forgot to disable my incoming API ports from the old method.  Doh!

So, back to my begging - please enable logging (first) and then add (a simple) API to LRP so we can see what's happening and be able to review history.  One issue with LRP is that we have zero transparency without needing to constantly log into the LR admin interface.  When we were using the old method, we could use the miner log, cgwatcher logs, cgwatcher data logging, etc.
Maybe because a lot of people are autoselling anything on cryptsy, cryptsy don't have such good rate.
I'd happily accept doge, because there are also other exchanges.
whats your favorite exchange for doge?
cryptsy charges
Our fees for market trades are 0.2% for buys and 0.3% for sells.
but as we are always buying one thing and selling another, is that .5%?   Huh
so on a charge of    1872.52941176 DOGE   for 3 hour  rental the fee was 0.000007700 BTC   
and i got 0.00255767, so thats about 0.3%!
take that to a day 0.000061568 out of 0.020522
or 0.003 out of every btc. so less than $2 per $600? and how long does it take to get to 1btc?
that isnt too bad for the advantage of giving the customer more ways to pay. Its like taking a visa card! especially as we have been slashing our prices to keep up with the joneses.....

Example of average 0.01 BTC transaction;

if paying with BTC, there is 0.0001 TX fee for transaction

if paying with DOGE, you pay 0.00000140 TX fee and 0.3% for exchange (0.00003) = 0.0000314

Bottom line; it is still better to accept DOGEs, at least for small transactions (up to around 0.03 BTC).
To the person renting my rig, Bob, my apologies for the outage.  For some odd reason, the LRP changed the pool to localhost (itself) and the miner stopped mining since there was obviously no real pool to mine from.  It was down for about 2.5 hours and I added three to the rental and sent you an e-mail.

Unfortunately, I have no way to put your pools back since there is no history available to me for that.

UPDATE: LeaseRig.net from now on checks the pools and forces them back in case they are changed off the site (this is only enabled during rental period).

The algorithm for doing that is highly experimental. Let me know if you notice any issues.

djEzo, I think this change may have coincided with my issue.  Can you look up pool history (if you keep it) for my current renter and put them back?  Does LRP have a log?  If not, can you please add one, at least for pools?  Any idea how this could have spontaneously happened?

Thanks,
- Bitlynx

Hey. I discovered where is the issue with your rig. You have BOTH methods enabled! I will add this to the GUIDE - both methods should not be enabled from now on, because after server restart, pools may be taken from your cgminer API - and there are usually local IPs. Just terminate support for method B and you will be good to go.
Maybe because a lot of people are autoselling anything on cryptsy, cryptsy don't have such good rate.
whats your favorite exchange for doge?
cryptsy charges
Our fees for market trades are 0.2% for buys and 0.3% for sells.
but as we are always buying one thing and selling another, is that .5%?   Huh
so on a charge of    1872.52941176 DOGE   for 3 hour  rental the fee was 0.000007700 BTC   
and i got 0.00255767, so thats about 0.3%!
take that to a day 0.000061568 out of 0.020522
or 0.003 out of every btc. so less than $2 per $600? and how long does it take to get to 1btc?
that isnt too bad for the advantage of giving the customer more ways to pay. Its like taking a visa card! especially as we have been slashing our prices to keep up with the joneses.....

Activity: 95
Doge is not so good option cause:

1. Before we were receiving money directly into wallet with no other fees)
2. With doge You have to exchange for BTC (pay exchange fee) + transaction fee for sending BTC from exchange to wallet so rewards will be even lower atm + price volatility risk (even with auto-trade)

1. It is your choice whether to accept DOGE or not.
2. You should gather several DOGE payments together - that way transaction fee is minimal.

1. But it's more profitable option for customers to pay in DOGE thus we are kind of "forced" to accept it.
2. By stacking up DOGE, risk of price volatility is bigger.

Not attacking You, just saying that's this changes are good for customers, not so good for rig providers. I completly understand You, cause atm there is more rig providers than people renting rigs.

So i think you limit your exposure if you change doge straight away but dont transfer btc out of cryptsy till its worth it.
Its never bad to have some btc in various places anyway.
why is it better for customers to pay in doge?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

2. With doge You have to exchange for BTC (pay exchange fee) + transaction fee for sending BTC from exchange to wallet so rewards will be even lower atm + price volatility risk (even with auto-trade)

2. You should gather several DOGE payments together - that way transaction fee is minimal.

1. But it's more profitable option for customers to pay in DOGE thus we are kind of "forced" to accept it.
2. By stacking up DOGE, risk of price volatility is bigger.

Not attacking You, just saying that's this changes are good for customers, not so good for rig providers. I completly understand You, cause atm there is more rig providers than people renting rigs.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

There was a server error. Few hours of stats were lost. Sorry about that - you will have to explain customers that stats are outdated.
Activity: 56
I am seeing "HTTP Status 503 - Service Unavailable" message when trying to access leaserig.net

proxy can not connect to leaserig.net

is it just me or is the site down?
DOGE payment added

Nice. It might be attractive to also include LiteCoin payments, since LiteCoin is strong again.

I would also vote for optional "auto-trade to BTC". As a provider I don't want to do manual trading at all, so it would be great if you would add the option for "auto-trade to BTC". When leaser would pay in DOGE or LTC, you would do instant auto-trade to Crytpsy (with the Auto-Trade option "Immediate & Complete sell") and provider would receive BTC only.

you can do that yourself, just use crypsy's doge address amd set autopay

Yea right - totally missed that possible solution. Go on and use that and you will have BTC automatically.

Pages:
Jump to: