Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 7. (Read 106942 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520
DOGE payment added

If you would like to accept DOGE as an alternative payment method for your rigs, just enter your DOGE address in admin panel. All your prices are automatically calculated into eq. DOGE amount at the time your rig is hired. Exchange rate is refreshed every 5 minutes and taken from cryptsy.

If you are a customer and would like to pay with DOGE, just search for a rig that accepts DOGE - you can notice them by the little "DOGE" icon next to best rated price. Then click hire and just select renting plan that allows you to pay with DOGE and again click hire button.

So, what is the benefit of using DOGE? Faster confirmations is first one - as a customer, you won't have to wait much time to get started with hiring rigs. For providers, the most obvious one is low transaction fee (only 1 DOGE).

Please, let me know if there are any issues.
Activity: 158
Merit: 39
Blaater   Dualminerrig   1.40   0.01000000   336   100.00%   Hash. 3600994816.00 MH/s   Available! hire

Nice hash Cheesy
Will the customer get an automatically email, if I extend the renting time?
I think that would be very needful.

Yes they do.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Will the customer get an automatically email, if I extend the renting time?
I think that would be very needful.
Activity: 58
The only issue I see as of now is that you think you can pull off 200% more compared to multipools. It is a fact, all cryptocoins are going down. Multipools did only 0.004 BTC/MH/day yesterday, so even if you set your price to 0.008, you are making two times as much as on multipool.

Youtube video on how to use LeaseRig is almost done. I will only need your help to spread it around  Wink

Another promotion of service; I am currently implementing alt payment method - DOGE. Should be up by the evening time.

doge sounds good.

my pool did about .007 yesterday but still better renting out, just....

could you set up a affiliate marketing system with commission? then we could all market and get something from it even if they then go on to using other peoples machines?

Imagine if we all were motivated to market!

Say 1% of fees for affiliates? so you get 2% and affiliates get 1%? or 50/50?  Roll Eyes
I would like to help market my machines and use your system but dont want people I get to go straight for the cheapest machine afterwards if Ive spent time and money getting them..... but wouldnt mind if i was an affiliate and got comission from it.

Or is there a way you could setup your system so I could use it under my own webname?

The only issue I see as of now is that you think you can pull off 200% more compared to multipools. It is a fact, all cryptocoins are going down. Multipools did only 0.004 BTC/MH/day yesterday, so even if you set your price to 0.008, you are making two times as much as on multipool.

Youtube video on how to use LeaseRig is almost done. I will only need your help to spread it around  Wink

Another promotion of service; I am currently implementing alt payment method - DOGE. Should be up by the evening time.
Activity: 13
Well, I for one can't complain at all about leaserings. I added one of my rigs and it's been pretty much leased permanently since then.
Setting up was simplicity itself.
Within 2 hrs of deciding to try it out my rig was up and running.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
This thread don't have enought activity :/ we always fall to 2nd+ page after few mins  Grin

Also maybe changing title to something like "leaserig: best rigs for cheapest prices".... because we currently need more customers, not miners :/
*or maybe djeZo needs both, because he's making 3% profits Cheesy
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Site seems down?

EDIT:

Nevermind..
Anyone good with reddit posting? I will tip you if you can advise me how to make a post there that is similar to the first post of this thread.
I have modded first page, should look better now.  Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
I just noticed you lease your rig out, DjeZo, at a 3% advantage no less, since you keep your fees.  Tongue

Just a coincidence :p I want it to be rented out 24/7 so I do not have to bother about pools and exchanging on my own.

And cheapest at the moment.  Cheesy
I just noticed you lease your rig out, DjeZo, at a 3% advantage no less, since you keep your fees.  Tongue

Just a coincidence :p I want it to be rented out 24/7 so I do not have to bother about pools and exchanging on my own.
Activity: 178
I am comparing against 4 of them listed here: http://poolpicker.eu/ (taking average).
Activity: 83
It's getting a little depressing.  That this rate, unless we see an upswing, I may never reach the break even point on my rig investment (assuming it continues to drop at the current rate.)  And that's talking about renting or mining a multipool.

DjeZo, I do like that graph though - it does a good job showing the comparison, but yes, that difference is shrinking and I can't help but whine, "That sucks!"  So which multi-pool are you comparing against?  I assume Middlecoin, but am curious if you went another way.
Activity: 178
I strongly encourage everyone renting their rigs out to take this seriously, and understand that you have a responsibility to provide a good service to those paying you for it.... The viability of this service relies upon you doing the right thing.

Perhaps implementing a '5 star rating' system, allowing customers to rate their providers would help differentiate the good ones from the bad ones.

For my part, I've always noticed any dips in service, and messaged the renter about it, and extended the lease without being asked by more than what was lost. I don't think I've had any unsatisfied customers.

Also, I do see a race to the bottom happening, now that providers seem to outnumber renters. The 'Order's' system will serve to only hasten it transitioning into a buyer's market, and putting more pressure on prices. Is the service more profitable than coin switching pools, yes; however, that margin is shrinking quite rapidly. I imagine it will settle to 1-2% higher, as people are willing to lease their rigs ever cheaper.

The precipitous drop in alt-coin value over the last couple weeks also blows. I guess less people are speculating and more people are buying mining hardware now that the asic ship has come in.  Undecided
Clearly visible, that LeaseRig gives much better profit than multipools: http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?page=stats&t=0
Good post ozoner.

My personal renting practice is as following; I check my graphs regularly. Sometimes the low hashing speed shown there is due to bad pool being set by customer for first priority and doing constant switches between working and dead pool which results in fluctuating speed - there is nothing I can do about that. But if I do see any red period of time in graph, I do immediately extend the lease, without even communicating with my customer. The customer will get an email that his lease was extended. When I had some networking issues with my rig and knew that the rig won't be online for next several hours, I immediately cancelled the rent and issued the refund without even contacting the customer. Customers refund BTC address is visible in history page - there are no excuses. Each provider can really do good service, as long as they want it. Checking graphs here and there is not hard, is it? And from latests updates of LeaseRig service, providers get notified when:
- there is failure to automatically switch pools
- rig is dead for 10 minutes (when being leased out)
- rig is dead for 100 minutes (when not being leased out)

If you turn of email notifications, you will be notified about the issues and you can fix them ASAP. Think about it that way; if you mine anywhere else, do you get paid for your rig being offline or down? No. So, even if you do refunds and lease extensions, you are not loosing!
Activity: 96
Hi all.

I rent out my 2 rigs on leaserig most of the time. I am very much a "small player". I do this for a bit of fun, but I do like to think I provide value to my renters, when the rigs are leased. I understand how the leaserig system works. I think it's great.

Today I decided that I might rent a few other rigs and throw some hashpower at a few coins I wanted to get a piece of. I'm not particularly skilled or knowledgeable, but I figure what the hell... Why not.

I wanted to show you what a renter's experience looked like. Rig and renter's names withheld.

I leased 7 rigs for various amounts of time, varying from 2 hours to 36 hours. I sank about 0.1 BTC into the exercise, so I'm not losing heaps of money, but ultimately I'm putting "real" money down for services. During these 7 leases :

- One rig went offline for an hour. I noticed it before the owner did, and messaged him. reimbursed 1.5x time. Good result.

- One rig went offline for a shorter period of time. I noticed it before the owner. I messaged the owner. Awaiting response. Still down.

- One rig advertised at speed X was hashing rock solid at .05mhash less than it was rated at. Note - not fluctuating up and down and averaging at the advertised speed, but solid, reliably less than advertised. Messaged owner, who credited me with an extra hour and basically said I should expect the advertised speed + or - .05mhash. While I got reimbursed some, I think that's not right - it should at the very least average hashrate at the advertised rate. Same thing is going to happen to future renters...

- One rig was malfunctioning when switching pools (when the primary pool was dead). It didn't switch correctly to my backup pool when the main pool died, and, it stopped hashing for several hours. I noticed this before the owner did. PM'd owner who credited me with most of the downtime, acknowledged it was an issue with his rig, but then reminded me the leaserig service was in beta, and quoted me the "no responsibility will be taken for rig owners blah blah" from the leaserig website....  Nice service - NOT. It's still malfunctioning, and I still can't point it at the primary pool I want (this rig shows it as "down" when all my other leases are happily mining on it....). It's currently stuck on my backup pool, since I figure I might as well get something out of the lease....

- I'm happy to say the other 3 rigs performed flawlessly, couldn't fault them. And yes I will leave feedback as such when all my leases are finished.

And I still have several hours lease left on some of these rigs too - fingers crossed we're stable now...

Perhaps I'm an optimist, but I think that result is terrible. If I was a member of the public renting rigs for the first time, I can guarantee you I wouldn't be back after that experience!!  If we're renting out a rig and being PAID BTC for it, it's our responsibility as a rig provider to provide the best service possible. Reliable, as advertised, and if any issues happen make it right - usually credit the renter with time, BTC refund, or both. Preferably everyone should monitor their rigs - it shouldn't be up to the renter to make sure your rig is working properly.

I realise it's not possible (in my estimation) to provide a 100% reliable mining rig. It's the nature of the beast. You get as close as you can, then "make it right" for anything that breaks. I have credited time (always more than was lost) to several renters since I have been doing this. It's the right thing to do, and keeps customers happy with not only your own service, but the service provided by leaserig.

I strongly encourage everyone renting their rigs out to take this seriously, and understand that you have a responsibility to provide a good service to those paying you for it.... The viability of this service relies upon you doing the right thing.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Flame away if you must.
Pages:
Jump to: