Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 38. (Read 106957 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Guys REDDcoin is out, why prices so low?
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
Detailed stats will be available when I implement better stability monitor. At that point, you will be able to see when rig was online and when it wasn't. I could implement pool monitoring too, but that would draw even more bandwidth and resources from your miners and considering even now some of you have issues with rigs being OFF while they aren't OFF, I don't think it is such a good idea.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
You can just enable settings->data log in cgwatcher and look there after lease, or in miner.log in cgwatcher folder, there's some info too.
+You can import that data log to excel to make graph from it, and you see immediatelly if there was downtime.
Not much convenient, but good enought for now.
Not using Windows, nor will I. I like running Xubuntu from a small usb stick + I want SSH. 
+ Reading a log after the lease is pointless. I want to check it during the lease when I encounter a problem so that I would be able to give extended minutes in return for the downtime.
Once the lease is over, it would be too late.
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Any information when it will be possible to specify more then one backup pool (so more then 2 pools in total)?
Activity: 58
When the lease expires, sometimes the customers pools aren't removed.

I just had 3 leased rigs finish their lease. The customer had set a main and a backup pool. However, when the lease expired, only one of the rigs started mining for me.

The other two continued mining on the customer pool. Leaserig had sent the addpool commands because my default pools were listed, but for some reason the removepool or switchpool commands hadn't taken effect.

Just curious, did you log into your admin panel to check things out?  I have a situation where anytime I have more than 2 pools configured in cgminer, it causes my admin panel to report that my rig is not responding.  This then prevents my mining rig to switch back over to my pools at the end of my lease.

Been bashing my head against the wall for a couple days.  I can use a different computer on the network and it can handle 6+ pools at once, but the main one I want to use can't handle 3.  I've completely changed my Ubuntu install for a BAMT install and still had the exact same problem after I got it going.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Miner and technician
When the lease expires, sometimes the customers pools aren't removed.

I just had 3 leased rigs finish their lease. The customer had set a main and a backup pool. However, when the lease expired, only one of the rigs started mining for me.

The other two continued mining on the customer pool. Leaserig had sent the addpool commands because my default pools were listed, but for some reason the removepool or switchpool commands hadn't taken effect.
Activity: 188
Suggestion:

Add a way to check the status history of the machine by the owner (not necessarily the customers). If the machine had technical issues or downtime of a dead gpu or whatever, the rig's owner can't check how long the downtime was (unless he has some sort of monitoring software). Normally you can check your pool stats, but obviously you can't when rented. 

A graph or something would be nice.

Agreed, if there is any downtime I want to know and be able to extend for the customer or provide a refund.  Right now if I notice an issue, I have no idea how long it's been going on for, and have to ask the customer how long the issue was for (if they even know). In some cases they may have downtime and neither the supplier nor the customer may know.

If you use windows for your OS you can use cgwatcher which automatically creates a log file, simple text file, and will report any issue in there and you can see if you have any downtime in there. I would also like to see the customers have the downtime info available to them as well but for the time being this is one way that i use to see if there was any downtime during any lease period.
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
API needed!

I'm a provider of mining rigs (leaser) and I have lot's of them. Therefore I wan't to control them programmatically, via API. For now the most desired request would be the ability to easily mark one rig as disabled/enabled and to get the current status of a particular rig [leased/available/disabled].

So I would like to have a simple API command that I would call, for example, with my API ID, my rig ID and "action".

Current need actions are:
- enable/disable rig
- get the status of a rig [leased/available/disabled]

With this kind of API I could run my own "lease checker script" and I would have instant access of the status for all of my rigs and the ability to programmatically disable/enable my rig. This kind of functionality is especially useful if I offer my rigs at multiple rent&hire portals/services (leaserig.net, betarigs.com, etc). Because if one has many rigs (dozens of them) it is more likely to be able to get them all rented if one has them listed on more then one rent&hire portals/services.

If I would have this kind of API then I could disable a particular rig on other rent&hire portals/services as soon as I detect that it has been rented by someone on a particular rent&hire portal.

djeZo, could you add this?
Activity: 54
Suggestion:

Add a way to check the status history of the machine by the owner (not necessarily the customers). If the machine had technical issues or downtime of a dead gpu or whatever, the rig's owner can't check how long the downtime was (unless he has some sort of monitoring software). Normally you can check your pool stats, but obviously you can't when rented. 

Agreed, if there is any downtime I want to know and be able to extend for the customer or provide a refund.  Right now if I notice an issue, I have no idea how long it's been going on for, and have to ask the customer how long the issue was for (if they even know). In some cases they may have downtime and neither the supplier nor the customer may know.
Is it normal that I can now see the renters worker name and ip of his pool?
I used to be only able to see rigname.lease or something.

I can also see all his/her backup pools AND worst thing is. I can remove them. They are in my pool list as usual pools. I find that odd. When cgminer is restarted it also doesn't necessarily take the renters pool if I myself have pools in that list (obviously those would be at the bottom and only work if all pools of renter are dead).

I feel it's strange that the one who is renting his rig can check or at least remove the pools of the customer. Obviously the owner of the rig could just change his cgminer settings if he has bad intentions, but enabling it on the website is just another option to make mistakes.

I do agree that there should be a way to check if the customer's pools are actually alive or that indeed the rig is mining for the customer as should be.

It would be pointless to disallow pool management access to providers. They have access because they run cgminer and they have access because they can use third party software such as cgminer or BAMT. Having pool management, means you can fine tune everything, even help your customer - in case he forgets to switch to his own pool for example.

If the customer does not remove your pools, these would stay and be saved in higher priority (cgminers issue, I know...), so it is important to have your cgminer pools exactly the same as default and backup default on web - then they get removed automatically.
Activity: 158
Merit: 39
Or u cant just use bamt and view stats by bamt web
Activity: 95
Suggestion:

You can just enable settings->data log in cgwatcher and look there after lease, or in miner.log in cgwatcher folder, there's some info too.
+You can import that data log to excel to make graph from it, and you see immediatelly if there was downtime.
Not much convenient, but good enought for now.
Suggestion:

Is it normal that I can now see the renters worker name and ip of his pool?
I used to be only able to see rigname.lease or something.

I can also see all his/her backup pools AND worst thing is. I can remove them. They are in my pool list as usual pools. I find that odd. When cgminer is restarted it also doesn't necessarily take the renters pool if I myself have pools in that list (obviously those would be at the bottom and only work if all pools of renter are dead).

I feel it's strange that the one who is renting his rig can check or at least remove the pools of the customer. Obviously the owner of the rig could just change his cgminer settings if he has bad intentions, but enabling it on the website is just another option to make mistakes.

I do agree that there should be a way to check if the customer's pools are actually alive or that indeed the rig is mining for the customer as should be.

Activity: 181
Merit: 100
My api stopped communicating sometime in the night, when the renters time was suppose to expire, this ended up causing my miner to hash away for hours for free on the renters pool...  Sad updating my cgminer from 3.2.1 to 3.7.2 to see if that will help...
Yes, this is not like betarigs when if service goes down, everyone is loosing.

Yeah. Just watch out for the readability of the front page. One major betarigs flaw is the front page layout. It's impossible to find s*** there.

Keep up with the good work!

I am putting a lot of focus into that. I believe there should be as much as possible data available as closest as possible (without need to visit many pages). That is why I offered more detailed rig info on first page, including description which gets available once you click the rig.
Activity: 15
Yes, this is not like betarigs when if service goes down, everyone is loosing.

Yeah. Just watch out for the readability of the front page. One major betarigs flaw is the front page layout. It's impossible to find s*** there.

Keep up with the good work!
Activity: 9
djEzo, something that should be easy to do and useful:
Add a second backup pool when mining rig is not rented.

Thanks for you job Smiley
already been added, should see it right under the default pool on the admin page.

Yes, just under, that's the first backup pool. And I wrote for a second backup pool Smiley
Activity: 188

already been added, should see it right under the default pool on the admin page.
Activity: 9

Pages:
Jump to: