Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 39. (Read 106957 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520
Is anyone of customers using bulk pool management? Please, let me know how is it working.
Back up. Had unexpected issues, but fixed now.
Yes, this is not like betarigs when if service goes down, everyone is loosing.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
The leases you bought should still be mining what they were when the site went down.
Everything will be kept like before, no worries about that.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
what about leases that ive already bought? Timer will be reseted?
Sorry, some maintenance... will be back asap.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Is the site down for everybody or just me? I presume the leases will not end till the site is back up?
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
I believe each field has improvements that could be made. I am working as much as I can to improve every aspect of the service. But I cannot make everything in a single day. Be patient, things will improve over time.

I apologize don't get me wrong, Im not expecting you to do this "RIGHT NOW!" , I am merely giving you some suggestions as how to improve on this particular aspect of the site. Having a dialog with you & voicing my issues and possible solutions. When you get to working on the problem, then that is on your own time, Im sure you are fairly busy. I was just looking for some acknowledgment of the issue, and possibly taking some of my advice whether it deems useful or not.   Undecided

Everything else seems great and I appreciate your work!  Wink
Well I guess an easier way to do the same thing in PHP would be the following code:

Code:
$fp = fsockopen('', , $errno, $errstr, 5);
if (!$fp) {
    // port is closed or blocked
} else {
    // port is open and available
    fclose($fp);
}

And 5 is your timeout.

So if the computer is responding and the port is open then the machine is running, even if the api call fails, the next time the api call is successful we can check the "elapsed time" and verify this.
I believe each field has improvements that could be made. I am working as much as I can to improve every aspect of the service. But I cannot make everything in a single day. Be patient, things will improve over time.
The whole down-time thing is disturbing, as it will affect a renter from choosing my rig, but in actuality, there is no problem at all...

I have been watching it report it offline for a straight 5 minute stretch, even though I am also using a monitoring program that calls the summary command, and I am right now half-way around the world from my rigs location, and the summary command is still working fine reaching me here, maybe you could try to increase the time limit to 5 seconds, I mean if the rig is really offline then the rig still wont reply in 5 seconds..

Keep in mind that cgminer allows only single API call at a time and multiple of them would be put on "wait-list" and size of that one depends on OS. If you hog your cgminers API port with your own queries, site will get reports much less times or these would be greatly over allowed time thus reported as unsuccessful.

But I just noticed that uptime or "elapsed time" is included in the information of the summary report of the API, so if for some reason the api call doesn't work one time, then you could always check the next time it works to make sure that the elapsed time did not reset. And if it didn't reset then don't include that test as offline.

You could also include an uptime counter from the summary information, so a renter knows how long cgminer has been up and running.

And my monitor is set to get a summary every 60 seconds.

Keep in mind that none of the proposed methods by you can actually determine whether your cgminer has successfully hashed and reported shares. If you internet connection was down, then cgminer would still report as if everything was running smoothly, but infact due to connection being down, it was unable to get any work or submit any shares.

Then how about a using something along the lines of netcat to check for a connection, as sometimes the api protocol fails, but the machine is still connected and hashing. here is an example:

nc -z this will return a 0 if the port is open, or a succeed message( obviously is the port is open, that means that something is listening and connected to the internet ).

Even using this in conjunction with the elapsed time in the summary API command. This would give you a real measure of the computers uptime...

And nc wont use api calls

donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
Would be nice of some more sha256 rigs are added. Currently only 3 and 2 of them rented. If you have sha rig, comeon, lets get you listed on.

Did you add bidding yet?

No, and will not, read this:

Neat idea, it's good to see innovation in the mining space. I'll have a rig or 2 pointed leaserig's way as soon as they are built! My only thought would be that an auction system could be useful, though I see that others have already suggested this.

I dedicated a lot of thoughts to this, but at the end concluded I will not do it. The reason is simple; price is NOT the only factor that should be considered. When you sell/buy a coin, price is all that matters. Here, other things are important such as: quality of service, stability, providers tendency to do refund or extra hours if something goes wrong, etc...

I will eventually reorganize first page - free rigs will be at the top and the ones that are going to expire soon will follow - sorting by availability. I will also add additional sorting options such as sorting by best price, and if once I implement rig ratings - sorting by ratings.

I believe my competing site that offers bidding will be up around the 20th then.  Thanks.
The whole down-time thing is disturbing, as it will affect a renter from choosing my rig, but in actuality, there is no problem at all...

I have been watching it report it offline for a straight 5 minute stretch, even though I am also using a monitoring program that calls the summary command, and I am right now half-way around the world from my rigs location, and the summary command is still working fine reaching me here, maybe you could try to increase the time limit to 5 seconds, I mean if the rig is really offline then the rig still wont reply in 5 seconds..

Keep in mind that cgminer allows only single API call at a time and multiple of them would be put on "wait-list" and size of that one depends on OS. If you hog your cgminers API port with your own queries, site will get reports much less times or these would be greatly over allowed time thus reported as unsuccessful.

But I just noticed that uptime or "elapsed time" is included in the information of the summary report of the API, so if for some reason the api call doesn't work one time, then you could always check the next time it works to make sure that the elapsed time did not reset. And if it didn't reset then don't include that test as offline.

You could also include an uptime counter from the summary information, so a renter knows how long cgminer has been up and running.

Keep in mind that none of the proposed methods by you can actually determine whether your cgminer has successfully hashed and reported shares. If you internet connection was down, then cgminer would still report as if everything was running smoothly, but infact due to connection being down, it was unable to get any work or submit any shares.

Or you could decrease the frequency of checking to maybe once every minute or so.
- you can now set description of your rig (check admin panel)

There's a problem with the apostrophe ' character : when you hit update, everything after it is lost.

It is not allowed for security reasons. ' and " will break the input.
What changed with the calculation of rig stability? I noticed almost everybody has jumped 100% but mine has gone down to 88%, but my rig "Radha" hasn't been down in days but for two quick cgminer restarts.

Note that connection stability isn't yet what are plans for it to be, so everything is reset when I load updated version of website. I keep data of stability in memory so far only.

How do you actually determine "up time" though? By ping, or what? like I said I am looking at the site reporting my rig as down, but it is clearly up and connected and hashing away.

And once I finished writing this, it appeared as online again, but never was it actually offline..

If your cgminer does not respond on command "summary" in 2 second time, it is reported as OFF. There is logarithmic calculation between number of successful and unsuccessful reports to determine final percentage visible on website.
Pages:
Jump to: