Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 57. (Read 106957 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Can anyone explain how to solo mine.. what change should I do in my conf file to solo mine remotely
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
djeZo    Anyway you can add a sort function. It will make our rigs "sikman" easier to manage and if some of the guys renting from us are following a provider, it will make it easier to locate and manage.

Great system, cant thank you enough.

All sorting capabilities are on todo list.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
djeZo    Anyway you can add a sort function. It will make our rigs "sikman" easier to manage and if some of the guys renting from us are following a provider, it will make it easier to locate and manage.

Great system, cant thank you enough.
Activity: 34
ok, will send you right away, chow can i recover my password?
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
rent-a-rig.net

Looks like competition is about to go live as well...
Hi,
I have 10 rigs for hire, 2.25-2.6 mega each, I sent you an massage with no answer, how can I start? Offering for 0.025 btc/mega by the way.

Read first post in this thread. Deposit is needed for newbies with no reputation. Considering quantity of the rigs you want on, I would say around 0.3 BTC would secure you.
Activity: 34
Hi,
I have 10 rigs for hire, 2.25-2.6 mega each, I sent you an massage with no answer, how can I start? Offering for 0.025 btc/mega by the way.
Merit: 250
Sent a 0.5 BTC deposit. Will bring up a few machines at around 2.8-4 Mh total in a few days, most likely during Wednesday.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
A couple people rented my rigs last night for an hour while they were offline. I've dealt with one of them (and gave them an extra 30 minutes on a one hour rental!) but I haven't heard from the other person yet. So if you rented my rig last night, send me a PM and let me know so we can work something out.
Activity: 350
Would it be possible to prevent someone from leasing a not responding rig?
I've had a problem this morning with my rig and someone rent it while it was down, I thought it was impossible so I didn't change the price to prevent it from happening.

Sometimes these responds are only temporary. So it is hard to detect when rig is actually down or just a temporary connection issue that gets fixed after 1 minute.

Not really a problem, the renter can lease the rig one minute after instead of the very moment it's down.
I've had a problem this morning with my rig and someone rent it while it was down, I thought it was impossible so I didn't change the price to prevent it from happening.

Sometimes these responds are only temporary. So it is hard to detect when rig is actually down or just a temporary connection issue that gets fixed after 1 minute.
Is there a way to reset the password for my account?.. I thought I pasted it someplace on my comp, but apparently not..  Huh

Send me PM of your email and I will mail it to you.
Activity: 350
Activity: 81
Is there a way to reset the password for my account?.. I thought I pasted it someplace on my comp, but apparently not..  Huh
djeZo, thanks again for coming up with an awesome service and constantly improving it!

Have you considering releasing an API, like one of the exchange tickers, such as: https://btc-e.com/api/2/btc_usd/ticker?  Obviously, not for coin prices, but for raw data on rigs for rent.  

I ask because I'd like to use such an API to grab data to enhance my pool-monitoring website (http://home.digitolle.net/miner) so customers can also see how long it's rented for, etc.  I'm just using simple code based on current username to determine if it's "Rented" or not.

Thanks,
- Bitlynx

Maybe in the future. Currently there are more important things to do.
Activity: 83
djeZo, thanks again for coming up with an awesome service and constantly improving it!

Have you considering releasing an API, like one of the exchange tickers, such as: https://btc-e.com/api/2/btc_usd/ticker?  Obviously, not for coin prices, but for raw data on rigs for rent. 

I ask because I'd like to use such an API to grab data to enhance my pool-monitoring website (http://home.digitolle.net/miner) so customers can also see how long it's rented for, etc.  I'm just using simple code based on current username to determine if it's "Rented" or not.

Thanks,
- Bitlynx
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
I'm on a coin that is currently finding 2 or 3 blocks per minute, but the leased miner is only connecting once per 60 seconds to get work. This means it will be routinely spending time working on blocks that were already found by someone else, and it will miss having a go at more than half of the blocks. Sad

One workaround I've found is to add a stratum pool as a lower priority backup. It stays connected and provides information about new blocks even though you're sending it no shares. When the stratum connection for the pool signals a new block, the miner immediately does a getwork request to the main client. So instead of blindly asking every 60 seconds "hey, has anything changed? Am I still working on the right block?" it can now say "I just heard there's a new block, send me the info"
Tried to register for this service, but it seems the Captcha part is not working (nothing is shown)... Thus it is impossible to register?

Any ideas why this is (tried different browsers - same result)?

Google is having issues with captcha sometimes. Just retry now or after some minutes.
Activity: 266
Tried to register for this service, but it seems the Captcha part is not working (nothing is shown)... Thus it is impossible to register?

Any ideas why this is (tried different browsers - same result)?
Haven't read through all of this thread, so apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

Does the leaserig system and its miners support the old-school 'getwork' protocol? IOW, if I give a http URL instead of stratum+tcp:// will everything work? I want the rig to connect directly to my client for solo mining.

Somebody is doing solo mining on my rig. So yes, it works Smiley

I've done my first buy and it is solo mining as expected... but given that you have no control over finer configuration such as poll period it is probably just wasting hashes.

I'm on a coin that is currently finding 2 or 3 blocks per minute, but the leased miner is only connecting once per 60 seconds to get work. This means it will be routinely spending time working on blocks that were already found by someone else, and it will miss having a go at more than half of the blocks. Sad

Really need a reverse stratum proxy that lets the miner connect via stratum, but do getwork to the local client. Basically like a simple pool.

BTW: if you're solo mining remember that the guy running the miner will have full RPC access, which means access to your wallet. I am using a throwaway client with a script that sweeps any balance above 1 to another client/account.

Yes, there are some security considerations to take care of if doing solo mining with these rigs. But even if doing manual renting of rigs (person to person), there is such security consideration, so this is nothing new.
Pages:
Jump to: