Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 43. (Read 125864 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006
Well, ... will LocalBitcoins take it further?

We have some similar features planned, stay tuned Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Looking forward to the LocalBitcoins mobile app.

A few months ago was a StartupBus competition, and one of the contestants was Open Wallet app:

Here's their proof of concept video:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoRlyPZ3zJ0

I have no idea what they were going to use to settle payment to the party acting as "ATM".  I wouldn't doubt they had no good solution ... and left it as "and magic happens here", after figuring out that PayPal wouldn't work for this.

If that was the hurdle these entrepreneurs couldn't solve, then had they considered using bitcoin as the settlement currency they might have been able to get funding, develop it and launch.

Yes, an app would be great Smiley
(I would do it open source for 100BTC and actively maintain it under my Android dev. account but I can't do the iPhone part.)
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Looking forward to the LocalBitcoins mobile app.

A few months ago was a StartupBus competition, and one of the contestants was Open Wallet app:

Here's their proof of concept video:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoRlyPZ3zJ0

I have no idea what they were going to use to settle payment to the party acting as "ATM".  I wouldn't doubt they had no good solution ... and left it as "and magic happens here", after figuring out that PayPal wouldn't work for this.

If that was the hurdle these entrepreneurs couldn't solve, then had they considered using bitcoin as the settlement currency they might have been able to get funding, develop it and launch.

staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
I'm not getting any error.
It simply put me always on "buyers"

Should be fixed now.
staff
I'm not getting any error.
It simply put me always on "buyers"
I can't set my adv as seller.
I tried with:
- Chrome 21.0.1180.11
- Firefox 12.0

What kind of error are you getting? Or is the site saying nothing at all?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
staff
I can't set my adv as seller.
I tried with:
- Chrome 21.0.1180.11
- Firefox 12.0
Could you consider adding a redirect or somehow otherwise accommodating www. ?

- http://www.localbitcoins.com

Thanks for the notice, fixed!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
* ShadowOfHarbringer is watching this.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Could you consider adding a redirect or somehow otherwise accommodating www. ?

- http://www.localbitcoins.com
Now we have cash exchangers in 30 different countries! Thanks for everyone who put their ad online! Smiley
Allow people to upload photos of themselves, and pay you to verify their account (take their ID and stuff).

Also the search function could be better (have a giant box which accepts post codes, city names or similar) with the ability to filter by currency. It would be good to show the city for sellers and buyers because I have no idea about distances on the scale of 100s of Km, but I do know all the local nearby cities/towns. In the UK at least, distance isn't always proportional to ease of access / cost of travel- Ramsgate -> Manchester is cheaper than Ramsgate -> Milton Keynes despite being massively closer.

Thanks for the feedback. Currently the site will be probably at hold for some time, while we will plan for a bigger update. The process will be streamlined, and also some kind of reputation/profiles system will be added, as currently the site is just a basic message board.
Just wanted to let you know that the new map feature uses almost random places for some entries.
Czech guy saying he is in Prague, shows up in Bangkok. Slovenian guy is in Portugal and so on.

Thanks for the feedback, we will look in to this.

Edit: should be fixed now. We won't be adding any new features for a while, since we are developing bigger updates next. Still we will fox all critical bugs, if you spot any, report them to us. We really appreciate it!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072
Allow people to upload photos of themselves, and pay you to verify their account (take their ID and stuff).

Also the search function could be better (have a giant box which accepts post codes, city names or similar) with the ability to filter by currency. It would be good to show the city for sellers and buyers because I have no idea about distances on the scale of 100s of Km, but I do know all the local nearby cities/towns. In the UK at least, distance isn't always proportional to ease of access / cost of travel- Ramsgate -> Manchester is cheaper than Ramsgate -> Milton Keynes despite being massively closer.
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Just wanted to let you know that the new map feature uses almost random places for some entries.
Czech guy saying he is in Prague, shows up in Bangkok. Slovenian guy is in Portugal and so on.
I tried to add a listing today but got an error

Problem parsing equation

USD24h*USD_in_AUD*1.10

Equation made using the tool
- weighted
- USD
- 24hr
- 10% comission

I live in Australia and want to use a conversion from the bitcoin USD rate and then to AUD.

It needs to be USD_24h (spot the underscore...)

Edit: should be fixed now, sorry for that bug.

Edit2: shit, still not working...

Edit: ok, now it is working
mav
Activity: 169
Merit: 107
I tried to add a listing today but got an error

Problem parsing equation

USD24h*USD_in_AUD*1.10

Equation made using the tool
- weighted
- USD
- 24hr
- 10% comission

I live in Australia and want to use a conversion from the bitcoin USD rate and then to AUD.
Added a twitter account, which tweets the ads over the world: https://twitter.com/#!/LocalBitcoins Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: