Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace - page 46. (Read 125864 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006
kind of frustrating, but I'm subbed here. While 2h ago the closest trader was more than 8.000km away, now it's *only* 7.000 Smiley

The map feature takes a long time to develop, and I really want to go to Berlin bitcoiners meeting today, which starts about 1 hour from now.

What was the location you tried to add? Maybe I can quickly add a city database to my app, so that cities/towns can be added without resolving to google database...
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Ok, so I can't add myself. I'm in Chile where there are no ZIP codes. It doesn't allow me to save my Ad.
Considering that the nearest traders are at 8.000km I feel a bit alone here Sad

Why not have a map to click in where I am?

Hmm OK, I will try to add that kind of feature. Just have to think a way to implement it...

You can also try adding by a city/town name. However currently it might not work, since google has probably blocked our location requests...

kind of frustrating, but I'm subbed here. While 2h ago the closest trader was more than 8.000km away, now it's *only* 7.000 Smiley
Ok, so I can't add myself. I'm in Chile where there are no ZIP codes. It doesn't allow me to save my Ad.

Hmm OK, I will try to add that kind of feature. Just have to think a way to implement it...

You can also try adding by a city/town name. However currently it might not work, since google has probably blocked our location requests...
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com

SOme serious bugs found when you left min and max amount undefined. These should be fixed now. Sorry for the downtime!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
http://www.crypto.stanford.edu/~dabo/pubs/papers/locpriv.pdf  this is an interesting paper on how to have a proximity aware service without a third party knowing where or when you are going to meet....
BTW, anyone have suggestions where I could fetch normal currency exchange rates, eg. NOK -> EUR? Cheesy

I was gonna say if you can automate the pricing it would be nice.

Yeah, it is now automated. The values should be updated each 5 minutes. You can use any parameters from bitcoincharts.com, for example {{ mtgoxEUR_close }}, {{ mtgoxUSD_high }} etc. Also wighted averages for currencies can be used: {{ USD_24h }}, {{ EUR_7d }}

I'll try to add more parameters in the following days...
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
BTW, anyone have suggestions where I could fetch normal currency exchange rates, eg. NOK -> EUR? Cheesy

I was gonna say if you can automate the pricing it would be nice.
mebbe i are doing it wrong - what format does country code have?

http://localbitcoins.com/postal_code/DE/10627/
puts me in the right spot, but the frontpage puts my ad (http://localbitcoins.com/ad/25) like this:

340.3 km   4.23 EUR   100.00 - 5000.00 EUR   Contact!

Hmm ok, so the ad location is wrong... I'll try to fix it.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
interesting... i'm in  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
I did enter 10627 Berlin, but it still put me 340 km away (Frankfurt, imho)

Hmm, seems to work for me, it is 4,5 kilometers from my place (10557, Berlin).

mebbe i are doing it wrong - what format does country code have?

puts me in the right spot, but the frontpage puts my ad (http://localbitcoins.com/ad/25) like this:

340.3 km   4.23 EUR   100.00 - 5000.00 EUR   Contact!

legendary
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Nice site, few bugs trying to place an ad but easy fixes i'm sure.

I've added it to the bitcoin counsel announcements page.. http://bitcoincounsel.com/announcements
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
This service rocks. It has the potential to become big once it's polished a bit.

Hmm, seems to work for me, it is 4,5 kilometers from my place (10557, Berlin).
legendary
I saw that you already have an android app for easywallet, I think that you can integrate your both services in one!
This is my suggestion for blockchain.info, but I think that it's good also for your Cheesy

Feature request for the android client: Integrate Google Maps / GPS.

Idea

The user must set:
- Username
- If he wants to be always visible on the map ( he will be also visible on a dedicated page on blockchain.info )
- If he wants to show available in a range ( chosen by the user ) of Km/miles
- If he wants to be available only if someone will be near him in a range ( chosen by the user ) of Km/miles ( he will appear on the map with a coloured dot )
- If he wants to be available only if someone will be near him in a range ( chosen by the user ) of Km/miles ( the map will just show that there is someone that accept/use bitcoin near the place but it will not show the dot )
- Friends-list: the user can chose to be visible only to some users that he selected as friends.

Some other options:
- Notification if the app find someone near a range ( chosen by the user ) of Km/miles

This is just an idea that can be easily improved.
The main point is to encourage and make easier the hand-to-hand market with Bitcoin, or simply to find other people to talk about this project near our home Smiley

I was thinking that today, as I was roaming the city... if I could advertise my services on a website and ppl could locate me on google maps to do trades, that'd be awesome.

c) my location is detected 340km from here... (it probably is, too - company network) can manually change my location? entering my ZIP and location didnt do anything.

Yeah, you should be able to change your location with "Specify location". What is your ZIp and country, so I can research it?

The system resolves location from google, but some bot probably scraped all the locations so we are banned now or something... However zipcodes and postal codes should work, because I inserted them manually.

c) my location is detected 340km from here... (it probably is, too - company network) can manually change my location? entering my ZIP and location didnt do anything.

Yeah, you should be able to change your location with "Specify location". What is your ZIp and country, so I can research it?

The system resolves location from google, but some bot probably scraped all the locations so we are banned now or something... However zipcodes and postal codes should work, because I inserted them manually.
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
I saw that you already have an android app for easywallet, I think that you can integrate your both services in one!
This is my suggestion for blockchain.info, but I think that it's good also for your Cheesy

Feature request for the android client: Integrate Google Maps / GPS.

Idea

The user must set:
- Username
- If he wants to be always visible on the map ( he will be also visible on a dedicated page on blockchain.info )
- If he wants to show available in a range ( chosen by the user ) of Km/miles
- If he wants to be available only if someone will be near him in a range ( chosen by the user ) of Km/miles ( he will appear on the map with a coloured dot )
- If he wants to be available only if someone will be near him in a range ( chosen by the user ) of Km/miles ( the map will just show that there is someone that accept/use bitcoin near the place but it will not show the dot )
- Friends-list: the user can chose to be visible only to some users that he selected as friends.

Some other options:
- Notification if the app find someone near a range ( chosen by the user ) of Km/miles

This is just an idea that can be easily improved.
The main point is to encourage and make easier the hand-to-hand market with Bitcoin, or simply to find other people to talk about this project near our home Smiley
legendary
a) what does "twitter bootstrapped" mean?
b) can you add "vwap" for use in the equation?

a) it means that the project uses twitter bootstrap template (just developer thing, not relevant to user)
b) yeah, where can I get this data from?

https://mtgox.com/api/1/BTCEUR/public/ticker

mtgox has apis for all currency pairs, pretty easy to read for scripts.

Pages:
Jump to: