Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [LYM] Lympo - Monetizing sports and health data via blockchain - page 76. (Read 32964 times)

copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 0
What do you think about airdropping devices like fitbits or garmin watches?

Garmin watches are designed more for those who do sports and know what they are doing. For example running. And for tracking running data with garmin watch is better way than using mobile app, this kind of watch also keeps you more motivated during the run because of shadow feature and the advantage of garmin shadow is that  it is more reliable than app shadow. Also you can extract all the data into you PC and analyze by yourself, which is more important feature for those you are more into professional sports.

As for fitbit is it quite useful for those who sits in the office all day and if you like to track everything. This wearable is quite trustworthy and it shows all the data for the user in a simplified way, so everyone in a glance can understand it. As for using it for sports, garmin will be better choice.

Hope, I answered your question
copper member
I have a hard time figuring how as a user 'human being' I will be able to extract information which will be useful for myself. I understand the part of marketing my own wellness stats but other than that I still have a hard time figuring it. Will this be a data repository that will be run on an app ? You will be able to purchase data 'packages' ? Maybe I need to read the whitepaper a bit deeper but prefer to ask

Thank you for the question!
The idea is to share your data by allowing to see it for those who you want: your sports trainer, your employer, your relative - there is no difference with whom you want to share it. You will not need to figure out all the data by yourself. You will have some insights and you can discuss results with, for example, your sports trainer.
If in some point you want to extract your data, that will be also possible, but all the technical stuff will be more clear for everyone, when we will present prototype.
At the first stage app will work as data collector because we will work together with popular sports apps to help people easily track their data and use it.

Hope i answered your question.
copper member
Basically you are aiming to create a scalable blockchain for a large scale biometrics database which later can be sold for these trying to create next level health and wellness products correct?

Basically yes your idea is correct. As for scalability: it is one of the most important metrics for startups to grow, so it is very important for us to have scalable processes. That will ensure that we will be profitable and working.
As for creating the next level health and wellness products, that is one of our goal to help others to start doing innovative businesses in heath market, that's why we will have crowdfunding possibility in our ecosystem for those who have fundamental idea for the health market.

Hope I answered your question.
copper member
Great project and also has huge development potential in the long-run perspective.

Thank you for your insight! Yes Lympo ecosystem is design in such way, where you can always implement new things that will let for us to grow and adapt to the market.
Activity: 26
How is supposed this tool to help athletes to have a better performance ?

Hey thetractor666, Lympo can be used by the athletes, but its main goal is to make everyone profit. How can you benefit from that?

1. If you have a smartphone with any sports/health app on it, like Runkeeper, Endomondo or any other popular app, OR a wearable like Fitbit, you are producing a lot of valuable data: the kilometers you walk or run everyday, maybe you measure your heart rate, your sleeping rhythm, maybe you have a diet app and follow your diet.

2. This valuable data is now being stored with the provider of the app/wearable. They aggregate all this data, do big data analysis, use it after putting a layer of anonymity for interacting with other providers, use it for marketing etc.

3. What do you get from that? Nothing. Except that you can see yourself how many kilometers you just walked and share it on social media.

4. With Lympo you will be able to aggregate this data, get rewards for achieved healthy lifestyle goals (let's say a popular shoe producer makes a 5km running challenge for marketing purpose and offers some tokens in reward) and then also sell it and receive micropayments in LYM tokens.

5. Furthermore, companies that want to use your data and if you decide to sell it, can register your permission to access this data on blockchain. That helps them a lot in making sure that they are compliant with data protection regulations.

6. Now what can you do with these tokens? I. You can use them in the marketplace and get further products or services. II. You can invest them in the most promising health/sports/fitness startups on Lympo crowdfunding platform!

In regards of the point #5 - All companies who will partner with you to potentially buy data will be regulated by the same data protection regulations? I'm unsure if these are the same worldwide, will this pose any type of restriction for users depending on the country they are living into ?
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
great idea,
i love blockchain projects for daily usage.

why you need the lympo token?
why you don't give rewards with BTC\ETH?

Good luck team  Smiley !

Me too! Love the idea of getting money by sharing this type of data, i'm already enrolled on a health & wellness benefits campaign, this is run by my health insurer and gives you discounts in gym memberships, coupons for healthy food
Activity: 28
Glad to see a fitness development i'm an extreme sports lover, everybody just thinks on the money but health and wellness is super important in our lives. checked the team bio and I saw a team who knows what they are doing. You have my support!
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
I have a hard time figuring how as a user 'human being' I will be able to extract information which will be useful for myself. I understand the part of marketing my own wellness stats but other than that I still have a hard time figuring it. Will this be a data repository that will be run on an app ? You will be able to purchase data 'packages' ? Maybe I need to read the whitepaper a bit deeper but prefer to ask
Activity: 30
Basically you are aiming to create a scalable blockchain for a large scale biometrics database which later can be sold for these trying to create next level health and wellness products correct?
Activity: 30
great idea,
i love blockchain projects for daily usage.

why you need the lympo token?
why you don't give rewards with BTC\ETH?

Good luck team  Smiley !
Activity: 31
Great project and also has huge development potential in the long-run perspective.
copper member

Hey thetractor666, Lympo can be used by the athletes, but its main goal is to make everyone profit. How can you benefit from that?

1. If you have a smartphone with any sports/health app on it, like Runkeeper, Endomondo or any other popular app, OR a wearable like Fitbit, you are producing a lot of valuable data: the kilometers you walk or run everyday, maybe you measure your heart rate, your sleeping rhythm, maybe you have a diet app and follow your diet.

2. This valuable data is now being stored with the provider of the app/wearable. They aggregate all this data, do big data analysis, use it after putting a layer of anonymity for interacting with other providers, use it for marketing etc.

3. What do you get from that? Nothing. Except that you can see yourself how many kilometers you just walked and share it on social media.

4. With Lympo you will be able to aggregate this data, get rewards for achieved healthy lifestyle goals (let's say a popular shoe producer makes a 5km running challenge for marketing purpose and offers some tokens in reward) and then also sell it and receive micropayments in LYM tokens.

5. Furthermore, companies that want to use your data and if you decide to sell it, can register your permission to access this data on blockchain. That helps them a lot in making sure that they are compliant with data protection regulations.

6. Now what can you do with these tokens? I. You can use them in the marketplace and get further products or services. II. You can invest them in the most promising health/sports/fitness startups on Lympo crowdfunding platform!
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
ExtraCredit ICO 20% Presale Bonus! extracredit.io
copper member
Introducing Lympo marketplace for healthy lifestyle products and services

What can you do with your LYM tokens? For example, buy healthy lifestyle products and services on the Lympo marketplace or from our partners. Find out how that works!

https://medium.com/@lympo.io/introducing-lympo-marketplace-for-healthy-lifestyle-products-and-services-fba4abaab049

"The next step in the Lympo ecosystem is to enable users to spend tokens to receive further healthy lifestyle goods and services and make in-platform purchases.
The marketplace, starting with the existing platform to find the best personal trainer, offers a variety of ways to do so:

* Getting premium features in the Lympo platform. E.g.:
      - A personal trainer can buy enhanced profile options and more exposure for their listing.
      - A user can purchase more options for their health and sports data storage on the Lympo platform, like reminders and health advice based on the data submitted.
* Everyone owning tokens will receive discounts and products offered by our partners: sports and wellness businesses, healthy food and supplement providers, etc.
* Businesses use tokens to pay for listing their products and services on the platform."
copper member
A very interesting project is amazing. I think if someday there is a tool that can maximize the way to get health on the human body will certainly help in health. let alone combined with being able to predict what to eat.

Thank you. This is what we believe in: users should be rewarded for being healthy and tracking this progress with an app or wearable. We are now producing all this precious data and the companies behind the products are using it to maximise their profits. With Lympo you will be able to also own that data, get rewards and actually decide yourself whom you would like to sell your data to.
copper member
If Hardcap does not reach the limit, what does the team do?
Either continue the project or not

Hey franss! Lympo is an existing company currently uniting 500+ fitness trainers and sports coaches on the platform to find the best personal trainer www.lympo.lt. It is currently expanding to California. Lympo will surely continue working on bringing our product to the market. Our softcap is 15% and if it is not reached, the funds will return to investors. In other case, we will use the funds gathered to speed up Lympo digital fitness wallet development and will create our ecosystem step by step.
copper member
Great team and job
Waiting more updates and more success
Good luck

Thank you Kristensofie
copper member
Hello team ..
I' love the project because loved sports
Waiting pre sale .... Thanks

Great! Join our Telegram channel if you haven't done so yet: https://t.me/lympo. You will be the first one to know about the opening date for our whitelist. The first whitelisted contributors will qualify for a 20% bonus during the pre-sale on January 23.
copper member
Good project and good team
Just need added roadmap and exchanges in future
Wish you good luck
 Smiley

Thank you maptech! You can find our roadmap here: https://lympo.io/. Regarding exchanges, we are certainly speaking to some as LYM token is a real utility token which will also be a payment method on our platform, so we want to make sure that people will be able to obtain it if they haven't done that during the token sale. I am sure that it will not be long until LYM hits exchanges.
copper member
Projects that combine sports and health data in the world of blockchain is a very rare project but it is this kind of project that can make people aware of the importance of sports and health. I strongly agree with the existence of such a project so it can make many people helped and can make the level of human health becomes better than the present. because in today's many people prefer to laze than to spend time to do sports to maintain health. with the presence of data from a person's health may be very helpful to know what to do to maintain his health.

Hey havicvotre! Thank you for this comment. Our goal is that people are rewarded for being healthy. We produce so much useful data using health apps and wearables, and we strongly believe, we should be rewarded for this data. At the same time, the data which our users can share with companies (and get paid for that) will allow free data flow which is restricted now and the valuable data mostly stays with one limited product.
Pages:
Jump to: