Author

Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN - page 129. (Read 283117 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
CoinPayments
You can unlock the wallet just for staking so it won't let people send your coins.
Activity: 350
https://cryptassist.io
If your wallet isn't encrypted all you have to do is receive coins in your client and leave it running. No passwords, mining programs like cgminer, etc. needed.

That is a bad practice to have any unencrypted wallet since a virus or malicious code could send your coins to someone else. It is best to always encrypt your wallet so then at least they will need to enter your password in order to send themselves some coins.

Yes, but if your wallet is encrypted, then your coins won't stake.  If you are that worried about malware, run linux, or keep your wallet running on VM that you do nothing else with, and have a firewall running on it.
CoinPayments
If your wallet isn't encrypted all you have to do is receive coins in your client and leave it running. No passwords, mining programs like cgminer, etc. needed.

That is a bad practice to have any unencrypted wallet since a virus or malicious code could send your coins to someone else. It is best to always encrypt your wallet so then at least they will need to enter your password in order to send themselves some coins.

Yep, it certainly is. He just asked how it works if your wallet isn't encrypted.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

CoinPayments
Awesome. Kind of like interest. I like it!

But how will I know it is staking? Will I see "random" deposits of coins into my wallet?

The one thing I noticed with the old qt client is that I would leave it running for a day or two and it would look like it was running, but then when I closed and restarted (or rebooted my computer) it was a day or two behind in synching so I guess it wasn't running even though it looked like it was.

Yep, just like interest. When it is staking you will see transactions coming in that say they are Mined.

On the client, the new one should hopefully not freeze like that Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Awesome. Kind of like interest. I like it!

But how will I know it is staking? Will I see "random" deposits of coins into my wallet?

The one thing I noticed with the old qt client is that I would leave it running for a day or two and it would look like it was running, but then when I closed and restarted (or rebooted my computer) it was a day or two behind in synching so I guess it wasn't running even though it looked like it was.
CoinPayments
Yes, I know and I have been mining the multipool. Read above, remember my posts where I deleted my qt client before the prior payout?

I'm still looking for an answer to my question: If I haven't encrypted my wallet in my qt app running on my PC yet. If I just leave the qt client running, is it staking without me doing any of those steps? And how do I know?

Sorry about all of the questions, I just want to have a better understanding of how it all works.
Activity: 252
Merit: 120
If you want to mine to get more MMXIV, rather then buying them on an exchange, you can mine on the multipool (see the OP for details), as it pays out in MMXIV.

Yes, the multipool now support SHA, Scrypt, x11, and x13 - Pick whichever algo you want to use and you will be paid strictly in MMXIV

MMXIV Multipool
Activity: 350
https://cryptassist.io
If you want to mine to get more MMXIV, rather then buying them on an exchange, you can mine on the multipool (see the OP for details), as it pays out in MMXIV.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10

I opened a support ticket on iSpace on 8-1-14 about the coin swap to the new chain. That trouble ticket is still open. I was able to send all out of my coins from there beside the last 0.00012584 that is still not confirmed but I'll most like get that after a few stakes.

[/quote]

Thanks for letting them know. I wasn't aware they were mining MMXIV
[/quote]

Yea, they haven't been good at working their tickets lately, have a few open for past few days myself. SO I guess i can write off those MMXIV's Sad
Thanks for the great explanation! I think I understand.

Quick question. I haven't encrypted my wallet in my qt app running on my PC yet. If I just leave the qt client running, is it staking without me doing any of those steps? And how do I know?
legendary
To put is simple the mining is finished with this coin. The only can to get more coins is to have some in your wallet and they will stake (create more coins) or you need to purchase some off an exchange. There is zero rewards for mining since the mining is done.
Thanks TimC. Can you explain how more coins are created? I thought there was a limit of 2014, and I thought the limit was reached. How is PoS done, do you still use CGminer?

No external miner works for POS. POS blocks can only be mined with your open wallet. To mine PoS blocks, you must hold your coins in a wallet client or coin daemon. In order for coins to begin minting they must be held in a wallet that is not encrypted  that is connected to the network after it has matured. If the wallet is encrypted it must be unlocked to stake.

Letting coin blocks age is vital to successfully staking. The age of a block of coin is measured in terms of stake weight. Stake weight is calculated by taking the amount of coins held in a single block and multiplying it by the number of days that have passed. As simple arithmetic confirms, holding more coins in one block of coin will produce a higher stake weight and therefore will be more likely to stake.

To unlock you encrypted  wallet you need to click on the help->Debug window of the wallet. Change to the 'Console' tab. Type in the words....
walletpassphrase XXXXX 9999999 true

xxxxx= your password that you used to encrypt you wallet with
99999 = the number in seconds to keep you wallet unlocked
true = can either be true or false; True is to unlock for staking only and false is to unlock the wallet for staking and sending coins. It is best to use true so to send coins you would be prompted to enter you password.

To lock the wallet type walletlock or you can close your wallet and it will become locked.

I think the limit of 2014 might be passed since new coins will be created by staking.
To put is simple the mining is finished with this coin. The only can to get more coins is to have some in your wallet and they will stake (create more coins) or you need to purchase some off an exchange. There is zero rewards for mining since the mining is done.
Thanks TimC. Can you explain how more coins are created? I thought there was a limit of 2014, and I thought the limit was reached. How is PoS done, do you still use CGminer?
legendary
Thanks. I still don't really know what that means, can you dumb it down more?

What I am used to is either pool mining - pointing my Ant S3 to a Bitcoin pool like BTC Guild or Slush. When the pool finds a block I get a piece of it. I also know that I can solo mine directly. How is this different? Again, at the top level please, no nitty-gritty techno talk. How can I be mining coins if they are all mined already?

Sorry about all the dumb questions.

Thanks. I still don't really know what that means, can you dumb it down more?

What I am used to is either pool mining - pointing my Ant S3 to a Bitcoin pool like BTC Guild or Slush. When the pool finds a block I get a piece of it. I also know that I can solo mine directly. How is this different? Again, at the top level please, no nitty-gritty techno talk. How can I be mining coins if they are all mined already?

Sorry about all the dumb questions.

By the way, I've Googled PoW and PoS and read the articles but I still don't get the connection to mining and finding blocks. I'm trying...
PoW Reward is currently 0 until block 10,000, at which point the network will go completely to Proof of Stake

You can start staking now
Can you or someone explain to a noob like myself what that means at a macro level to a miner like myself? According to block explorer we are on block 3312. If I start mining MMXIV now I get nothing until the block number reaches 10k? And then what does it mean (to me) when it goes complete PoS?

PoS is active right now. You can stake as I type this. We put in 10,000 blocks of PoW with 0 reward to keep the network moving during the swap to the new chain. After block 10k, the network will only be secured by PoS, not PoW
PoW Reward is currently 0 until block 10,000, at which point the network will go completely to Proof of Stake

You can start staking now
Can you or someone explain to a noob like myself what that means at a macro level to a miner like myself? According to block explorer we are on block 3312. If I start mining MMXIV now I get nothing until the block number reaches 10k? And then what does it mean (to me) when it goes complete PoS?
Do I just need to download a new wallet and install it to replace the old one?

Yes

Done did, it's synching now Smiley
Thank You,
Tom

OM, Looks like iSpace has not updated their wallet. I generated a new address, it starts with "M", put it on payout on the pool and it's telling me "The wallet MMXIV address entered does not appear to be a valid one". Wonder if he's aware of it changed. Sad Will i loose my unconfirmed coins Sad Sad

I opened a support ticket on iSpace on 8-1-14 about the coin swap to the new chain. That trouble ticket is still open. I was able to send all out of my coins from there beside the last 0.00012584 that is still not confirmed but I'll most like get that after a few stakes.

Thanks for letting them know. I wasn't aware they were mining MMXIV
legendary
Do I just need to download a new wallet and install it to replace the old one?

Yes

Done did, it's synching now Smiley
Thank You,
Tom

OM, Looks like iSpace has not updated their wallet. I generated a new address, it starts with "M", put it on payout on the pool and it's telling me "The wallet MMXIV address entered does not appear to be a valid one". Wonder if he's aware of it changed. Sad Will i loose my unconfirmed coins Sad Sad

Jump to: