Author

Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN - page 128. (Read 283117 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022
Updated client is available. Not a mandatory upgrade. This version adds wallet unlocking to the menu so you don't have to use the debug window

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9KhUdXDh1RqbTBiR3lxMkd4N1E

Can you also put the wallet that is not in a setup file? Thanks.
Activity: 252
Merit: 120
Updated client is available. Not a mandatory upgrade. This version adds wallet unlocking to the menu so you don't have to use the debug window

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9KhUdXDh1RqbTBiR3lxMkd4N1E
Staking doesn't start untill block 10,000. We're only at 3755.

WTF?  What is happening now then, POW with zero reward?
We're already up to 3788. At this rate, you can start staking for profit in 3 months!

I'm not sure why you think PoW has to end before PoS will start...nobody said that
ThePeeps said: "Staking doesn't start untill block 10,000."
I merely observed that staking won't start for about 3 months at the current rate.
I'm not sure why you think I said PoW had to end. Nobody said that.

Just to be clear...you can stake anytime. The 10,000 PoW blocks are just to keep the network moving faster while people wait for their coins to mature. After block 10k, it will be purely PoS
Activity: 556
Merit: 500

WTF?  What is happening now then, POW with zero reward?
We're already up to 3788. At this rate, you can start staking for profit in 3 months!

I'm not sure why you think PoW has to end before PoS will start...nobody said that
ThePeeps said: "Staking doesn't start untill block 10,000."
I merely observed that staking won't start for about 3 months at the current rate.
I'm not sure why you think I said PoW had to end. Nobody said that.
Activity: 770
COPY wallet.dat into new wallet

That will definitely not work. Don't download that link

Only download using the links in the OP
of course but V2 won't run with old wallet, coins are invalid now?

Activity: 556

COPY wallet.dat into new wallet

That will definitely not work. Don't download that link

Only download using the links in the OP
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Is anyone else having a problem with their Antminer S3 configuration with the new wallet addresses?
I have MMXIV as a backup pool in my configuration. When I switched the username to the wallet address starting with 'M' the S3 wouldn't ever start hashing. As soon as I removed the MMXIV pool or replaced it, it works fine. This is on 2 separate units. I know the S3 uses CGMiner. Is there something about a username being a wallet address starting with M that would cause problems like that?
Nevermind. I must have had an extra space at the end of my username or something when I cut and pasted. Works fine..

BTW, why isn't any of the coin switchover or PoS mentioned in the "events in 2014 list?" The list ends when the coin launched.
Activity: 770
The old wallet isn't compatible with the new V2?
How do I get my coins recognized in V2?
Activity: 532

PoW Reward is currently 0 until block 10,000, at which point the network will go completely to Proof of Stake

You can start staking now
⬆⬆⬆⬆

OK, I get it - but assumed there was still POS during the POW period ("you can start staking now").  Guess I'll just wait.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
https://cryptassist.io

PoW Reward is currently 0 until block 10,000, at which point the network will go completely to Proof of Stake

You can start staking now
⬆⬆⬆⬆

Min stake age is 24hrs right?

Been around 30 hours since I transferred my coins from Bittrex to personal wallet, no stake yet.  Is there a command I can run in the debug console to know it's staking, and how long I have until POS generation?  My wallet is not locked or encrypted.

I'm not seeing any blocks with > 0 coins in the block explorer either.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Is anyone else having a problem with their Antminer S3 configuration with the new wallet addresses?
I have MMXIV as a backup pool in my configuration. When I switched the username to the wallet address starting with 'M' the S3 wouldn't ever start hashing. As soon as I removed the MMXIV pool or replaced it, it works fine. This is on 2 separate units. I know the S3 uses CGMiner. Is there something about a username being a wallet address starting with M that would cause problems like that?
legendary
If your wallet isn't encrypted all you have to do is receive coins in your client and leave it running. No passwords, mining programs like cgminer, etc. needed.

I could be mistaken, but I think you normally have to specify server=1 in your conf file in order to mint stake blocks.  It's been less than 24hrs for me so I'm not sure if I'm generating stake yet.

sample mmxiv.conf:

Code:
server=1
rpcuser=somereallylongusername
rpcpassword=somethingreallylongandcomplicated

I only have one line in my .conf file which is maxconnections=15. and all of my other POS coins and they all stake fine.
If your wallet isn't encrypted all you have to do is receive coins in your client and leave it running. No passwords, mining programs like cgminer, etc. needed.

I could be mistaken, but I think you normally have to specify server=1 in your conf file in order to mint stake blocks.  It's been less than 24hrs for me so I'm not sure if I'm generating stake yet.

sample mmxiv.conf:

Code:
server=1
rpcuser=somereallylongusername
rpcpassword=somethingreallylongandcomplicated

Ah, didn't know that, being that I've never had any other PoS coins.

Thanks Smiley
legendary

Yes, but if your wallet is encrypted, then your coins won't stake.  If you are that worried about malware, run linux, or keep your wallet running on VM that you do nothing else with, and have a firewall running on it.

You can unlock your wallet for staking only while it is still encrypted.

walletpassphrase [mintonly]

walletpassphrase mysecretword 99999999 true - would unlock the wallet for staking only and you will still need you to enter your password to send out coins.

walletpassphrase mysecretword 99999999 false - would unlock the wallet for staking and sending coins with no password needed

Jump to: