Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 133. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Is there a block explorer page where I can see how many coins there are and what block we're on?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
It's very quiet now....

are you still going to actively promoting this coin after block 160.000?

After block 160.000 it takes only 4-6 weeks to get the reward/block down to 10.000 who is going to mine then?Huh

Solution: adjust the decline: let it decline to 150.000 and then at once to 75.000 in 6 months. After one year 50.000. after 1,5 year: 25.000.
you can also decline to 100.000 and then 50.000, 25.000 and 12.500 (half year intervals)

I agree that the block rewards shouldn't stay at a flat rate of 1000. They should decline the blocks gradually by at least 250 every 6 months until it hits 100/block and keep the reward as that. At this point there should already have a huge redistribution of coins so a lower block reward would only benefit us and prevent constant dumping. basically it would take 1-2yrs to reach 100 coins/block and that seems reasonable right?

If you want this to be an actual currency then we need to keep up the block rewards.  Deflationary bullshit is not necessary in a cryptocurrency.

In 2 years billions of coins will be in circulation so it will have enough coins to act as a currency. lowering the block reward would act to stabilized the price and prevent daily dumping
Activity: 308
It's very quiet now....

After block 160.000 it takes only 4-6 weeks to get the reward/block down to 10.000 who is going to mine then?Huh

Solution: adjust the decline: let it decline to 150.000 and then at once to 75.000 in 6 months. After one year 50.000. after 1,5 year: 25.000.
you can also decline to 100.000 and then 50.000, 25.000 and 12.500 (half year intervals)

I agree that the block rewards shouldn't stay at a flat rate of 1000. They should decline the blocks gradually by at least 250 every 6 months until it hits 100/block and keep the reward as that. At this point there should already have a huge redistribution of coins so a lower block reward would only benefit us and prevent constant dumping. basically it would take 1-2yrs to reach 100 coins/block and that seems reasonable right?

If you want this to be an actual currency then we need to keep up the block rewards.  Deflationary bullshit is not necessary in a cryptocurrency.
Activity: 182
It's very quiet now....

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Again, read explanation on OP about Nfactor system and that speed of gpu will lower each time and also difficulty lowers to allow CPU mining, so it's ok.

I know about the N-factor; but it didn't affect my hashrate the last days, and the difficulty did decrease a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
All i can say - BUY now, while its cheap. Week ago prices was .00000200, .00000160, .00000120 LTC, now its only .00000100  - its all alts rates fall down because of BTC and Mtgox issues... soon they all come back.

Also much more people started mining. After alcurex and other projects (YES, MRC has more to show) price raises for sure.
Endeed.
I also understand this coin will get also other important service than alcurEX exchange.
Actually if alcurex play cards right, micro may be strong challenger for internet payment systems.
I mean if they/we can offer whole consept: Currency - exchange - market implements + easy, secure and cheap fiat transactions.
Bitcoin is fail some of them and focused too much for trading only.

For microCoin, most important is, that consept is planned ready before blockreward 1000.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
No..No...dont believe them, block reward still going up, so price MUST goin down, keep selling me cheap please, i still lack some mining power  Grin.
Again, read explanation on OP about Nfactor system and that speed of gpu will lower each time and also difficulty lowers to allow CPU mining, so it's ok.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Indeed, I think the price will be higher soon.

However, what caused the drop of the difficulty? It went from 2,6 to 2.0 or something.
All i can say - BUY now, while its cheap. Week ago prices was .00000200, .00000160, .00000120 LTC, now its only .00000100  - its all alts rates fall down because of BTC and Mtgox issues... soon they all come back.

Also much more people started mining. After alcurex and other projects (YES, MRC has more to show) price raises for sure.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
hey all anyone predicted in next week price?
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Can someone re-post the mac os x wallet as it seems to be down?  Thanks

Hey,

as the last mac wallet was not working for me, I recompiled one from git... (compiled on 10.7, db4.8, Qt4, 64bits)
Get it on https://www.mining-pool.co.uk/microCoin-Qt_OSX.dmg

I'm happy now I can use a wallet for microcoin on my mac Smiley
Hope this could help other people, but I can't say for sure it works on 10.8 or 10.9. Tested on 10.5 32bits and crashed as it has been compiled for 64bits.

_TheQueen74

Activity: 279

I do like the way you guys are doing things.

Not to much hype about it, but you do seem to have a plan going.
Im a little tired of all those hyped coins that are just a copy. Good luck and ill keep fallowing it close!
It's very quiet now....

Read theOP again, they make our own exchange with microcoin as a major currency.....they will sure promote it more when everything is set up an running fine.
Activity: 210
It's very quiet now....

When block reward will be 10k the value for each micro will be higher indeed.
The fast decrease let more miners to come join us, and yes this could lead to a smooth dump on the exchanges for a little time also after block 160k. But hey, why do not invest a few of ltc and buy very cheap,as investments?
Most of the people supporting this coin are mining from launch. We minted with 0.0001 block rewards, and so on till now..and you ask who is gonna mine for 10k MRC per block then? I'm one of those.
As you also said 4/6 weeks after the 160k block i'ts a vary small amount of time in which peoples will choose if sell & dump or hold and invest.
Imagine if the block reward would be like u've suggested: these condition just can create a "system" where big whales miner could mine a lot and dump so cheap, that market would be constantly dropped down by price. Hope you know what i mean.
I cannot regret anything to developers. They've always been fair an present, althought the low profile mantained in the past weeks, but we're all waiting to look at the fatidic 160k block point Smiley Cool
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
It's very quiet now....

Activity: 428
Merit: 252
Can someone re-post the mac os x wallet as it seems to be down?  Thanks
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I'm using the windows microcoin wallet V 1.1.1.1...

I also had problems solo mining when I switched to the v1.1.1.1 wallet, particularly with the new port.  I've changed my port to 2232 and it's working now.

My Cudaminer command line is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cudaminer\x64\cudaminer.exe" --algo=scrypt-jane:MRC -H 1 -C 1 -i 0 -o http://127.0.0.1:2232 -O User:Pass

I've also added a -server switch to the shortcut for launching the microCoin wallet, although the server=1 in the config should do the same thing.  The switch was recommended by Christian Buchner, who is the author of CudaMiner.  I figured he probably knows his stuff :-)

Hope this helps!

Thank you AlexMc for the suggestions. I tried and after several hours solo mining I finally got a hit, but immediately get this message:

HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 500
   Internal Server Error
  submit_upstream_work json_rpc_call failed
  ...retry after 3 seconds

and then the error repeats. I closed the wallet and restarted it, and bam! I get this message:

accepted: 0/1 (0.00%), 1035 khash/s (booooo)

and then back to hashing. It gets worse. While looking at the config file I found a second block, the whole thing repeated exactly as before. Only after restarting the wallet does it submit, and by then it's stale and I get another (booooo). ugh. I guess I'll go back to pool mining, because I think this is an issue with the windows wallet for microcoin. I haven't run into this problem with other coins.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I'm using the windows microcoin wallet V 1.1.1.1 with cudaminer and everything works fine with a pool. In an attempt to get it to solo mine I randomly changed ports until I found one that will work (I tried a port that a different coin uses). When solo mining MRC for a few hours I have gotten a couple of "submit_upstream_work json_rpc_call failed" errors (screen grab here: http://imgur.com/C2ekgAN ). I have the microCoin wallet open, it updates fine, but I haven't mined any blocks. So now I'm going back to the port that I should have used from the start, but I get this error:

json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 sec
HTTP request failed: Operation timed out after 30015 milli
seconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received

I tried "setgenerate true -1" in the debug window, nothing changes. I tried deleting the windows firewall profile for microcoin and starting it again to create a fresh profile, still no solo mining. I don't know what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

I also had problems solo mining when I switched to the v1.1.1.1 wallet, particularly with the new port.  I've changed my port to 2232 and it's working now.

My Cudaminer command line is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cudaminer\x64\cudaminer.exe" --algo=scrypt-jane:MRC -H 1 -C 1 -i 0 -o http://127.0.0.1:2232 -O User:Pass

I've also added a -server switch to the shortcut for launching the microCoin wallet, although the server=1 in the config should do the same thing.  The switch was recommended by Christian Buchner, who is the author of CudaMiner.  I figured he probably knows his stuff :-)

Hope this helps!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
Mr. V

Backup your wallet first just in case something goes awry.  Then start the client from the command line with the -salvagewallet command tag (ie microcoin.exe -salvagewallet).  It takes a while but it gets you back all the coins from sent transactions that got stuck in limbo.

This did not work... and I want to say that it is my wallet that I received microcoins with that my coins are stuck at unconfirmed, not where it was sent from
1. Is those unconfirmed transactions last one, or is there any confirmed coins after unconfirmed?
2. what is unconfirmed transactions id? We can look what block chain info show.

I'm not really trying to recover any coins I'm just trying to remove the recent transaction that's in my wallet (in overview tab not transaction tab) that has been stuck there since launch day... For example, If I receive coins from my pool today it will show up in recent transaction to the right of my balance and after the coins are confirmed it goes away, but the other coins from jan 10 never ever goes away
Oh right.
Can you just make new wallet on other computer and send all coins there, then use that one? Or miss I something?
Jump to: