Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] MiningRigRentals.com - Web pool manager - Easy Mass Rentals - Algos! - page 16. (Read 71089 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Things seem better again. The other day they refunded me some from a (another) bad renter, out of their pocket, even though it should have come out of the renter's pocket, so kudos on that part.

Is there a way to block bad or stupid renters? I have a few people that keep renting my rigs and always set incorrect difficulty and then never use my help via the communications system. Then when the rental is not working well, they get a big refund (even though my rigs were used the whole time and were not going to backup pools, and lower my scores. Maybe they do it on purpose?

I try to do my best to help renters and misinformed people, even directly trying to help with their specific pools but some people just don't 'get it'..

Can we block these guys yet?

TY
Activity: 354
Merit: 254
Owner of MiningRigRentals
.... **EDIT** I was going to reply in full to your claims but decided it wasn't my bag.

Yes, your support (maybe you) 'fixed' an issue with a payment you guys sent with a too-low fee, which took almost 48hour to confirm.
(Even blockchain said it was below the recommended fee.)
And by 'fix' I was told to wait it out as it's out of your hands...  Lips sealed.
Sooo... not sure you can call that a 'fix'..

Regarding your 'presence' or lack of on this forum. I understand people are busy, but considering you make your $$$ renting crypto hashing services and this is the BIGGEST and most active crypto forum , you would think you or your company would put more of an effort to keep people happy and informed, etc... Much easier to diffuse a situation in public than let it brew and more and more people chime in and it's part of a searchanble history when someone tries to google your reviews. It's basic business sense.

Either way, 'Meh' Is all I can say to your rebuttal to my points before..

My apologies if our replies aren't what you were hoping for. Please feel free to open a ticket or email us if you wish to continue this discussion.

Thanks for using MRR Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 19
.... **EDIT** I was going to reply in full to your claims but decided it wasn't my bag.

Yes, your support (maybe you) 'fixed' an issue with a payment you guys sent with a too-low fee, which took almost 48hour to confirm.
And by 'fix' I was told to wait it out as it's out of your hands...  Lips sealed.

Regarding your 'presence' or lack of on this forum. I understand people are busy, but considering you make your $$$ renting crypto hashing services and this is the BIGGEST and most active crypto forum , you would think you or your company would put more of an effort to keep people happy and informed, etc... Much easier to diffuse a situation in public than let it brew and more and more people chime in and it's part of a searchanble history when someone tries to google your reviews. It's basic business sense.

There are weeks without any one else reply here.
We support our users and keep them "happy" and informed on our site directly. It's basic business sense to support users where they are interacting the most.

As far as tx fee, our fee had worked for two years - We used the fee set by bitcoin core, and suddenly it's not enough. Not our fault, complain to core devs. We manually increased it as soon as we noticed an issue.
And as far as I know, I'm not aware of any service that alerts you as to when there is an attack on the bitcoin network, clogging it up. So if you were unlucky to have withdrawn before we upped it, well that is just BTCad luck isn't it. Tx's will eventually confirm, just may take a few hours in this case.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

And by 'fix' I was told to wait it out as it's out of your hands...  Lips sealed.

Activity: 735
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
to the owner of the site i want to say i love your site i rent my scrypt miners there for a while ...

ive had to shut my x11 rig offline due to not making enough cause its a low ammount on my cpu

my sha256's i shutdown rentals due to making more mining on kano pool

but i continue to rent rigs on there and also love the site

keep up the good work
Activity: 70
Merit: 19
I've given up on this for now.

Still though.
Over the past week or so I've opened up a bunch of tickets regarding rentals that performed at a more than 10% loss vs what I paid for and your tech support closed all with this line :

Pool error: High price. No order to work on

Huh?? Pool was fine, you can see on the other rentals, and it's clear-cut that I received a lot less than purchased, yet got hozed in the process..
What gives?!?!?

You pointed your rentals to nicehash... If there are no orders on nicehash they send that error, and close the connection. - there is no mining going on due to your pool rejecting the connection.
So, as a rig owner yourself, do you expect the rig owner you rented from to foot the bill for your pool choice?

Wish I had checked this thread out before I tried them out.
One rig for three hour rental is doing fine, the other rented for twenty four connected then went to zero hash after 15 minutes and two different pools. Mining on both with my own rigs so I know the pools are fine.

Owner said he'll try to reboot, so far no joy.

And MRR hasn't canceled or refunded either.

-from OP - "Automatic rental cancellations if you rent a rig that is offline for at least 20 minutes of the first 30 minutes of the rental. Rent with confidence!"

If that's the case, the site has changed a lot since I went used it around June 2015. At that time, each time I had a problem with low hashrate or no hashrate, I get refunded proportionally to the working time I had.

It used to. But lately their support is either missing, or they are pocketing the differences in lost hash rate..

They still have NOT responded in this thread about this lately... Makes you wonder.

Again.... ANYONE Know of a better rental service out there that you can trust? I'm all ears.. Wish Betarigs would still be running, But those morons ran it into the wall within a month.

As far as I recall, we speak often on tickets, we answer them all within a reasonable amount of time. We all need to sleep BTW.

I work my ass off for MY business: MRR, to develop new features and answer tickets and to run the site, which mind you is a lot of work for a niche market that wildly fluctuates.
I viewed this thread not too long ago.. also consider the fact that we spend most of our time supporting our users via our ticket system, an internet form where trolls live is not exactly a top spot on supporting our users. As far as these claims about pocketing lost hash rate? huh? excuse me but if the rental lost rate due to the rig, the renter gets refunded an amount based on the lost hash-rate percentage. We have thousands of refunds to prove this. I take pride in my business and tell all my friends and others and even hand out business cards, so I'm not going to take baseless accusations like that lightly.

Better rental service? good luck, since we are the best. Time and again we beat our competitors in all areas, least of which is thousands of hours I put in to support the site and its operation, as well as features, algorithm support etc. Mining, altcoins and everything is a touch racket, and if any thing our continued success shows that we are doing something right. Pretty soon we'll be at our one millionth rental, I doubt any other rig rental service ever had anything as close as that.

The time shouldn't matter if it's 3 hours or 30hours. IF there is a significant loss (I usually have rented hundreds of TH total) it should be refunded.

The lack of response from the company lately in this thread however is troubling.

Any other hash rental places you guys know about that's stable and good?

As mentioned, This form is not used that much. We support our users via our own system, so this post does not become a support thread. Support only threads are no good for any one. And for the record I Was in here recently and posted. Also don't forget that I spent 70+ hours to get Ethereum mining added, and working smoothly. So this of course reduced my time to pay attention here. I'm done quoting, but you seemed to complain further up on page 17, to respond to that all I have to say is this. As the developer of MRR, it lies on me to develop features to my site. It may take a few days to work out bugs in new features, especially when there are different hardware configurations, different miners. To know exactly how to get each to work at the moment of launch is a bit of a hard thing to do, regardless I ironed the issues out; and as I remember I specifically fixed something for you, if you remember - our ticket support system.
One rig for three hour rental is doing fine, the other rented for twenty four connected then went to zero hash after 15 minutes and two different pools. Mining on both with my own rigs so I know the pools are fine.

-from OP - "Automatic rental cancellations if you rent a rig that is offline for at least 20 minutes of the first 30 minutes of the rental. Rent with confidence!"

If that's the case, the site has changed a lot since I went used it around June 2015. At that time, each time I had a problem with low hashrate or no hashrate, I get refunded proportionally to the working time I had.

It used to. But lately their support is either missing, or they are pocketing the differences in lost hash rate..

They still have NOT responded in this thread about this lately... Makes you wonder.

Again.... ANYONE Know of a better rental service out there that you can trust? I'm all ears.. Wish Betarigs would still be running, But those morons ran it into the wall within a month.

The biggest problem is the amount of support tickets we have to deal with due to users funneling nicehash hashrates without using fixed orders. They then do not deliver on their advertised rates, which forces the renter to have a bad experience, and open tickets.. causing longer delays in support requests for actual issues. (All missing hash is refunded within 12 hours with or without a ticket being opened).

We're working on a way to prevent this from happening.. but many of these nicehash funnelers are legit with fixed orders.. so wading through the 'crap' orders is being somewhat difficult.
I've given up on this for now.

Still though.
Over the past week or so I've opened up a bunch of tickets regarding rentals that performed at a more than 10% loss vs what I paid for and your tech support closed all with this line :

Pool error: High price. No order to work on

Huh?? Pool was fine, you can see on the other rentals, and it's clear-cut that I received a lot less than purchased, yet got hozed in the process..
What gives?!?!?
I don't use this site anymore since last year, i thought this site have been gone Sad.
Since i lost trust on them when i rent a rig then it looks fake rig (i mean the rig under performance as stated).
And their support are sucks once i ask to get refund.

All tickets are responded to within 12 hours. All refunds are processed in the same manner they always have been.

This thread used to get rarely used.. thus why only 17 pages in 2 years. We respond very actively to tickets and IRC
cannot login to my account today??  Tongue Tongue Tongue
the system said my Authenticator Code was Invalid  Cry Cry Cry

send an email to [email protected] from your account registered email address and we'll dig into this for you
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
cannot login to my account today??  Tongue Tongue Tongue
the system said my Authenticator Code was Invalid  Cry Cry Cry
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
I think you should buying a ring in a jewelry store and not renting it. She might get upset otherwise.  Grin
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The site is very good but there are a few available rings for renting. Is there any site with more available rings?
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
I do have to put my 2 cents in here though.

Automatic offline crediting works. I get it from them often. I rent something and it never comes on line, I get refunded right away, not sure why yours isn't/wasn't.

Renting a large proxy (more than 5TH) is not as simple as when you mine on your small GPU rigs or small miner rigs my friend.

If it's a larger proxy, it can take 5-15 minutes just to have them all restart after the pool changes go through from the rental.
Then you have to worry about the Vardiff finding the proper difficulty, could be more time or blips in the hash rate (This is done by your pool not the proxy)
It happens and there is NO WAY around it, unless you manually set your difficulty.

People who rent on there tend to not read descriptions which EXPLAIN this stuff pretty easily and then complain when the hash rate is off or slow to start.
THEY ARE THE REASON the rental ratings are low most of the time, as it's user error, not rig error.

Sometimes Proxies and Rig sets go down, but we can always compensate by adding more speed or extra time.

...And yes, chinese proxies are utter crap. I have yet to have one that works properly.

legendary
Activity: 1019
Spectreproject Community Manager
They finally did  answer  the ticket but at first told me it was my pool's fault. Nope sorry.v Huh

My original ticket said I rented two miners about the same time and one was happily mining on the same pool.....which was one of Suprnova's pools....they list Suprnova as "Approved".
Had to point that out again and asked that they read a ticket completely before rejecting as the user's "fault."  Roll Eyes
After 3 years of running GPU cards,Blizzards, Thunder X6s, Lightning X6s, Antminers and Terminators.... I certainly know how to setup a miner.

I received a 95% refund within minutes. Should have been 100% since never really received any benefit of hash and spent 3+ hours trying to communicate with rig owner and try to resolve the problem.

All in all though I'm ok with them, learned to only rent US rigs with 95%+ rating and don't rent "new" rigs.
I needed more hash than the 200mh I own and went back and rented over 500 MH from them....no problems at all so far.

And yes....Kano has a great pool, before I moved to MiningSweden and HashNest that's where I put my C1s, loved those miners but my power here is..... "Just Too Damn High!!"
Activity: 735
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
create a ticket on the rentals i did this just yesterday and they replied within 4 hours i think there staff is lower then what they used to be cause i used to make a ticket and within a hour it was replied

i still rent rigs there and rent out my x11 and my scrypt rigs there but my sha256 i dont rent out anymore im mining on kano pool
legendary
Activity: 1019
Spectreproject Community Manager

Pages:
Jump to: