Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] MiningRigRentals.com - Web pool manager - Easy Mass Rentals - Algos! - page 27. (Read 71086 times)

Activity: 354
Merit: 254
Owner of MiningRigRentals
MRR, there is an issue I need to speak with you about concerning your website.

From the code I read in the most popular stratum-server implementation (stratum-server), it refers to all workers by the username sent, and assigns variables like the difficulty to them.

On your website there is no option to append a unique value like a rig provider id to the username automatically.

So if I rent 20 rigs with a profile and send them to a pool (as I just have), all rigs have the same username and password, and thus the same difficulty. Whether they are 50KH/s or 150MH/s.

This is quite a big issue which can be circumvented by manually choosing a different username and password in the meantime.

But it makes the features like profiles and multibuys you have implemented almost redundant, and may lead to negative reviews when people find the lower spec rigs aren't performing (because their share diff is incorrect), or correspondingly that the large rigs have a share diff too low.

I look forward to hearing from you about this matter and hope it can be resolved quickly.

If you can find him, ahmed who maintains stratum-mining may be able to confirm if this is accurate or not.

Nevertheless, the ability to have a unique identifier for each rig automatically appended would be very useful and ensure this fault cannot happen in any software.

You bring up a good point and a feature we're likely going to implement in the near future should help in your situation.. however this is not 100% accurate.

Most stratum vardiff pools have vardiff controlled at the connection level, the workername is merely a way to track your hashrate at the pool for various 'rigs' you might have connected.
For example, I have 2 7970's that I point at my pool on merc.1, and often rent large amounts of hash and point it to merc.1 as well.. my 7970's difficulty doesnt fluctuate when I do this, and the large rentals get appropriate difficulties for their hashrates as well.

We will likely be implementing a 'templating' feature for worker names, but you will have to ensure that the pool you chose either has the workernames existing already, or auto-adds workernames appropriately.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer
MRR, there is an issue I need to speak with you about concerning your website.

From the code I read in the most popular stratum-server implementation (stratum-server), it refers to all workers by the username sent, and assigns variables like the difficulty to them.

On your website there is no option to append a unique value like a rig provider id to the username automatically.

So if I rent 20 rigs with a profile and send them to a pool (as I just have), all rigs have the same username and password, and thus the same difficulty. Whether they are 50KH/s or 150MH/s.

This is quite a big issue which can be circumvented by manually choosing a different username and password in the meantime.

But it makes the features like profiles and multibuys you have implemented almost redundant, and may lead to negative reviews when people find the lower spec rigs aren't performing (because their share diff is incorrect), or correspondingly that the large rigs have a share diff too low.

I look forward to hearing from you about this matter and hope it can be resolved quickly.

If you can find him, ahmed who maintains stratum-mining may be able to confirm if this is accurate or not.

Nevertheless, the ability to have a unique identifier for each rig automatically appended would be very useful and ensure this fault cannot happen in any software.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
AKA The Rubber Monkey
Too many people don't leave a rating. The rating should be automatic, calculated on hash advertised and hash received. I always have my hash under stated but others don't and I  seem to get similar ratings as those whose average fall below their advertised rate. Also there needs to be a clearcut ending average number to look at for the timeline of each rental and the percent of the over/under from the advertised rate should be displayed on the rental page.

It's as if you were in our IRC channel yesterday. Automatic ratings is being worked on at the moment (although we find that with our service, renters don't care as much about rating). They will be calculated on accepted shares. The rental average was also requested yesterday. We have the backend code in place for this and simply need to create the front end display to enable this feature. Soon!

Do you have a way of doing this without penalizing rigs that have customers who choose bad pools? You just don't get maximum hash at some pools.

The idea is to give rigs a bonus for performing well. As you stated, there are other factors at play so we would never allow it to automatically rate negatively. Since the rating is defaulted as "no rating" we could change that and base it off accumulated share rate.

I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me.
Activity: 132
Merit: 130
Too many people don't leave a rating. The rating should be automatic, calculated on hash advertised and hash received. I always have my hash under stated but others don't and I  seem to get similar ratings as those whose average fall below their advertised rate. Also there needs to be a clearcut ending average number to look at for the timeline of each rental and the percent of the over/under from the advertised rate should be displayed on the rental page.

It's as if you were in our IRC channel yesterday. Automatic ratings is being worked on at the moment (although we find that with our service, renters don't care as much about rating). They will be calculated on accepted shares. The rental average was also requested yesterday. We have the backend code in place for this and simply need to create the front end display to enable this feature. Soon!

Do you have a way of doing this without penalizing rigs that have customers who choose bad pools? You just don't get maximum hash at some pools.

The idea is to give rigs a bonus for performing well. As you stated, there are other factors at play so we would never allow it to automatically rate negatively. Since the rating is defaulted as "no rating" we could change that and base it off accumulated share rate.

Bad idea. I have a customer renting one of my rigs right now on a very erratic pool and it's causing the hash rate to suffer greatly. You're saying I should be punished because the customer chose a bad pool. I don't think so.

It's not implemented in the fashion he's describing (albeit I don't entirely follow his train of thought). It's not implemented at all at this point. We're simply considering creating a "default" rating. Instead of default being nothing, default will rate well if the hashrate performed well, there will never be negative ratings in an automatic fashion.
Activity: 546
AKA The Rubber Monkey

Lol funny, great minds think alike. Wink

I had considered posting my WU rate in the title.

Average hashrate for the rental period is now displayed on completed rentals. Enjoy!

Can't find it. You mean here?

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rental/32525

Yes the display would be there but you must be the renter or rig owner of the rental.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

Average hashrate for the rental period is now displayed on completed rentals. Enjoy!

Can't find it. You mean here?

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rental/32525

legendary

Hi guys,

Went to update my account and it keeps asking for my pin number. where do I find this? Was it sent to me in an email?

Thanks

You set this when you originally set your account. Enabling 2fa leaves this unused.
legendary
Activity: 518
Hi guys,

Went to update my account and it keeps asking for my pin number. where do I find this? Was it sent to me in an email?

Thanks
Rig went down during lightning storm last night, why didn't I receive an alert that rental was down?

We currently do not provide email alerts for rigs that go offline. Rig communications does email both parties.  We'll look to add this.
legendary
Rig went down during lightning storm last night, why didn't I receive an alert that rental was down?
Sorry I edited my above post with more points.

Noted. Thanks for the suggestion!
Bitmark Developer
Sorry I edited my above post with more points.
Mass rental profiles now you can rent 100s of rigs at once with only a few clicks

This is very useful and will help manage IPM pools.

It would be helpful if users could create orders for hashing power which miners could fill, for example 2.6GH/s at 0.00095 BTC per MH for 24 hours. Miners could then 'fill' the order with their rigs until the order is full.

We have a feature request list that is quite long but I assure you we are constantly working on the "next" feature/project.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Bitmark Developer
Mass rental profiles now you can rent 100s of rigs at once with only a few clicks

This is very useful and will help manage IPM pools, I have just tried it.

The only feedback I have is that it would be easier to use if the 'quick rent' box floated on the page, otherwise you need to continually scroll up and down to see your current order as you add miners. Also a button to empty the quick rent box would help.

It would be helpful if users could create orders for hashing power which miners could fill, for example 2.6GH/s at 0.00095 BTC per MH for 24 hours. Miners could then 'fill' the order with their rigs until the order is full.

Finally, do you have an estimated time as to when we may be able to order rigs via the API, this would be a very valuable addition.
Pages:
Jump to: