Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] MiningRigRentals.com - Web pool manager - Easy Mass Rentals - Algos! - page 31. (Read 71086 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 130
I've rent more than 40GH/s from this website in total. Never had an issue.

I love the website.

Recommend it for everyone.

Awesome! Thanks for using our service Wink
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
I've rent more than 40GH/s from this website in total. Never had an issue.

I love the website.

Recommend it for everyone.
We want the price of rigs to be determined by supply and demand. Without renters you don't make money, we don't make money. It's in our best interest to protect both sides of the equation. There are Savvy Miners and there are Savvy Renters, organically the price hashes itself out. Typically our price levels are higher than similar services. We're hoping to constantly evolve MRR so that renters and rig owners a like value the service enough to garnish a higher premium renting medium.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Come to think of it a scheduler on the rate would also come in handy as I would like to set my rate for different time and dates. This will come in very handy when there is a new coin I wish to mine but will still make my rig available but at a rate I feel will offset the profits I will lose on a coins launch.
- This has been debated in a slightly different variation. Allowing automatic repricing of mining rigs in almost any fashion is unlikely. Imagine eBay where the prices could be repriced automatically using the eBay service. It wouldn't allow the same type of market that attracts the renters....

You mis-understood this suggestion. the price will only fluctuate to the set price during a unrented period. Example.:

rental price .001 Rig rented 12 hours
Price is set to change in one hour to .002
After 12 hour rental period price changes to .002 unless a superseded price has been set.

Is this suggestion more clear now?

I see what you mean. You want the ability to to schedule repricing after a rental period. What about the renter though? Rig owners know a coin is launching on 5/29/14 at 4pm est. They set their rig to reprice to double what it is currently listed at. Renter shows up to the site and all of the rigs change prices to double what was listed. The renter leaves.  We find that an organically adjusting pricing structure is more fair for renters and even rig owners in the long term.  There's perhaps a way to do this and keep things fair, we'll just need to think on it some.

It's called capitalism, what the market will bear. bye your logic the price should never lower so as to protect the rentee.
Come to think of it a scheduler on the rate would also come in handy as I would like to set my rate for different time and dates. This will come in very handy when there is a new coin I wish to mine but will still make my rig available but at a rate I feel will offset the profits I will lose on a coins launch.
- This has been debated in a slightly different variation. Allowing automatic repricing of mining rigs in almost any fashion is unlikely. Imagine eBay where the prices could be repriced automatically using the eBay service. It wouldn't allow the same type of market that attracts the renters....

You mis-understood this suggestion. the price will only fluctuate to the set price during a unrented period. Example.:

After 12 hour rental period price changes to .002 unless a superseded price has been set.

I see what you mean. You want the ability to to schedule repricing after a rental period. What about the renter though? Rig owners know a coin is launching on 5/29/14 at 4pm est. They set their rig to reprice to double what it is currently listed at. Renter shows up to the site and all of the rigs change prices to double what was listed. The renter leaves.  We find that an organically adjusting pricing structure is more fair for renters and even rig owners in the long term.  There's perhaps a way to do this and keep things fair, we'll just need to think on it some.
legendary

I really like the average line but I don't know nor like the time frame for it. Please give me a way to find out an average for a specified time frame or if nothing else 1 hour average 12hr, 24hr and rental period average. I don't want to shortchange a renter nor give hash away and my hash bounces around too much to guess so I have to under report my hash so as not to screw the renter which is screwing me.

HELLO...Anyone home to answer this.
- Hello! We're constantly evolving the graph as you've probably noticed. Please keep in mind that most renters expect a 10% variation in hash rate. Things such as pool choices and coin difficulty play into hashrates. Our current chart and stats provides 5min, 30 minute and 1 hour hashrate snapshots based on accepted share rate. We now list the "Advertised" hashrate on the chart along with a moving average of your hashrate.

Also please a timer that can be added to unavailable. this will come in handy when I want to mine a new coin for 24 hours and then become available for rent again. As a matter of fact a availability timer on the backup pools would also be nice.
 - This is something we've considered and it's already on our todo list.

- This has been debated in a slightly different variation. Allowing automatic repricing of mining rigs in almost any fashion is unlikely. Imagine eBay where the prices could be repriced automatically using the eBay service. It wouldn't allow the same type of market that attracts the renters.

These are all great Idea's feel free to tip me for them.
- We do appreciate your suggestions and we do receive a lot of our suggestions through our support/ticket suggestion system. All of them are saved in a todo list for further review and consideration.
legendary
I really like the average line but I don't know nor like the time frame for it. Please give me a way to find out an average for a specified time frame or if nothing else 1 hour average 12hr, 24hr and rental period average. I don't want to shortchange a renter nor give hash away and my hash bounces around too much to guess so I have to under report my hash so as not to screw the renter which is screwing me.

HELLO...Anyone home to answer this.

Also please a timer that can be added to unavailable. this will come in handy when I want to mine a new coin for 24 hours and then become available for rent again. As a matter of fact a availability timer on the backup pools would also be nice.

These are all great Idea's feel free to tip me for them.
legendary
We improved graphs (again), taking cues from the community. We appreciate the support as we cross over the 2.0ghs X11 mark. Wink
OK, I've raised the hash from 5m to7m on a rig and cannot edit the advertised hashrate. How can I update this?

Actually your service should take the average of a certain length of time and adjust this setting automatically. With a reset button for the owner to hit when making rig changes.

Edit: nevermind apparently it is only locked out when rig is rented.

You can make the rig unavailable while it's rented so you can adjust the hashrate once the rental period is over (without fear of it renting out again before you make the change). This will not disable the rig it simply removes it from the rental list.
legendary
OK, I've raised the hash from 5m to7m on a rig and cannot edit the advertised hashrate. How can I update this?

Actually your service should take the average of a certain length of time and adjust this setting automatically. With a reset button for the owner to hit when making rig changes.

Edit: nevermind apparently it is only locked out when rig is rented.
Awesome Service! Easy to get started with  Grin

Just a quick question, can I configure it to go offline after last contract?

Feature Request: Time windows, i.e.. Auto Online at 6pm, Auto Offline 6am or 24x7

I just change the rate so high no-one would rent it. Wink

In the past I've buried my rig in the list so I would have it available to test various things with our system. Sometimes it gets rented out anyway.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Feature Request: Time windows, i.e.. Auto Online at 6pm, Auto Offline 6am or 24x7

Wow, I guess I was stuck on stupid Smiley
legendary

You can set the rig to "disabled" (we're probably going to reword that so it's more intuitive). Once the rental is over your rig will not show up in the "available" rig list. As far as your feature request, we're seriously considering ways to implement that. We have a large feature that should roll out in the next 2-3 days and then we're going to revisit our feature/change request list.  I'll add another vote for your feature request. Thanks for the feedback!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

The graphs have been reworked to allow more precision when viewing data. The graphs are not finished but we wanted to push live this change to get everyone used to the newer style. Thank you!
legendary
Fix compatibility with

stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336

This will likely never happen. Nicehash is a rental service. We don't block it but they require a redirect of your client.

edit:  I'll add this. If you don't assign a pool on MiningRigRentals.com (no pools at all) then set MRR as your pool0 (first priority) and Nicehash as your pool1 (second priority) then if your rig gets rented out on MRR your rig will switch to MRR and mine at the renter's pool, when the rental completes, it will switch back to nicehash because there are no pools to hash at through MRR.

thx, ok work around for now.
Fix compatibility with

stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336

This will likely never happen. Nicehash is a rental service. We don't block it but they require a redirect of your client.

edit:  I'll add this. If you don't assign a pool on MiningRigRentals.com (no pools at all) then set MRR as your pool0 (first priority) and Nicehash as your pool1 (second priority) then if your rig gets rented out on MRR your rig will switch to MRR and mine at the renter's pool, when the rental completes, it will switch back to nicehash because there are no pools to hash at through MRR.
Pages:
Jump to: