Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] MiningRigRentals.com - Web pool manager - Easy Mass Rentals - Algos! - page 28. (Read 71086 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 130
Updates pushed live on 7-14-2014:

• Mass rental profiles now you can rent 100s of rigs at once with only a few clicks
  • Myriad-groestl section created and split from Groestl
SO I can no longer connect from this computer to MRR website, but on my phone I can... Hmmm Idk what happened =(

Perhaps cloudflare messed up for your connection? You could try hard refreshing your browser and or trying a different one. We have no other reported issues from anyone else.
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
SO I can no longer connect from this computer to MRR website, but on my phone I can... Hmmm Idk what happened =(

edit: now i can... (hashing is doing fine, just the connection so ya it was probably cloudflare)
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Can someone at MRR contact me urgently please?

Thanks
We didn't publicize this much but our v1 API was released. Please see: https://www.miningrigrentals.com/apidoc
CONTEST 500 FRESH COIN GIVEAWAY!
Want to win 500 FRSH coins? Simply tweet @miningrigrental a photo of your pet with the letters "MRR" on a card in the photo and one lucky tweeter will win 500 FRSH coins!

FRESH Mining Rigs Available!

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/fresh
eu and west 1  and central1 are down. customers may start asking for compensation.  been down for approx 1 hr.

Hello, the servers were not "down" the reporting was just stuck. If a rig is rented out and the renter's pool fails (most renters don't set backups) then MRR will drop your connection to MRR servers. This is done purposefully so that your rig can begin hashing at a locally defined favorite pool. If your renter corrects the problem then you have the ability to compensate the renter (if you so desire) without loss to you (you were hashing locally for yourself). If you have any issues, please open a ticket as we'll be glad to dig into your specific claim and or compensate any and all parties if necessary. Thank you!

Thanks!

However the pools were definately down as my miners did not default to my personal pool.  They just stopped hashing as they had no "live" pool. Please note in my miners config I have your servers
1.EU
2. West1
3. Central1

I do not have space for a fourth pool, otherwise it`d be a personal pool of my choosing.  As your severs went down, my miners stopped hashing completely, and did not default to my usual pool.

All three of my units reported that those 3 pools were dead.  You are right though, after an hour they did restart and catch up.

Thanks again.

They will never default to your MRR pools because you are rented out. That's disabled until your rental is over. You would be much better served to use:

1. EU
2. East
3. Favorite pool.

So in your case, the renter's pool likely failed, your MRR pool is disabled and your local config had no other pools listed. However, with the settings above, your renter's pool fails, it tries East but won't connect because their are no working pools at MRR (renter's pool failed, your pools are disable) and so it hashes at your favorite pool (#3).

I hope this clears things up Wink

Gotcha.

Thanks Smiley
eu and west 1  and central1 are down. customers may start asking for compensation.  been down for approx 1 hr.

Hello, the servers were not "down" the reporting was just stuck. If a rig is rented out and the renter's pool fails (most renters don't set backups) then MRR will drop your connection to MRR servers. This is done purposefully so that your rig can begin hashing at a locally defined favorite pool. If your renter corrects the problem then you have the ability to compensate the renter (if you so desire) without loss to you (you were hashing locally for yourself). If you have any issues, please open a ticket as we'll be glad to dig into your specific claim and or compensate any and all parties if necessary. Thank you!

Thanks!

However the pools were definately down as my miners did not default to my personal pool.  They just stopped hashing as they had no "live" pool. Please note in my miners config I have your servers
1.EU
2. West1
3. Central1

I do not have space for a fourth pool, otherwise it`d be a personal pool of my choosing.  As your severs went down, my miners stopped hashing completely, and did not default to my usual pool.

All three of my units reported that those 3 pools were dead.  You are right though, after an hour they did restart and catch up.

Thanks again.

They will never default to your MRR pools because you are rented out. That's disabled until your rental is over. You would be much better served to use:

1. EU
2. East
3. Favorite pool.

So in your case, the renter's pool likely failed, your MRR pool is disabled and your local config had no other pools listed. However, with the settings above, your renter's pool fails, it tries East but won't connect because their are no working pools at MRR (renter's pool failed, your pools are disable) and so it hashes at your favorite pool (#3).

I hope this clears things up Wink

Thanks!

1.EU
2. West1
3. Central1

Thanks again.

Activity: 411
Merit: 250
Make so that after lease completion job evaluation was exposed surely!
we are waiting for fresh algo rigs

Fresh algo is up on the website 3 hours prior to launch. Feel free to create rigs but make sure to leave them disabled until you've tested your rig and obtained it's true hash rate. Once you are confident you can switch the rig to "Active" and your rig will be available for rent. Enjoy!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
we are waiting for fresh algo rigs
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi Miningrigrentals,
for my understanding you system acts like a proxy between the pool and the rig, right?
On the rig I get messages like "New Job_id: 7bbd Diff: 1024 Work_id: 38d4ea3b", so your proxy should be able to track the diff value. If the diff would now be presented in a chart, together with a line "Recommended Diff", like the "Advertised Hashrate", it would give both sides an indicator.
Just my 2 ct.
bye
I've a question/suggestion,
as a "owner" I'm frequently seeing "customers" configuring their pool in a way that they do not end up in happy mining. Most of the time the diff/vardiff setting are going up to the moon and the hash rate / number of accepted shares is very very low. There are some basic checks when you add a pool to your list, but is it also possible to test or warn people using wrong diff settings?
Because I don't see the settings and I don't know the pool, it's really hard to fix it!
bye

MScFW

Unfortunately, there is currently no easy method to adding these types of checks and balances in place. It is something we've kicked around and if we can find an adequate solution it will definitely be something we implement.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I've a question/suggestion,
as a "owner" I'm frequently seeing "customers" configuring their pool in a way that they do not end up in happy mining. Most of the time the diff/vardiff setting are going up to the moon and the hash rate / number of accepted shares is very very low. There are some basic checks when you add a pool to your list, but is it also possible to test or warn people using wrong diff settings?
Because I don't see the settings and I don't know the pool, it's really hard to fix it!
bye

MScFW
I have a question

I've just joined to rent my miners out, but between rents I'd like to mine on my choice of pool.  If I switch from the mrr pool, my miners show as "offline" and I assume unrentable.

Any suggestions? Am I doing anything wrong with my set up?  Do I just have to manually go in and change my miers config?

Edit: Issue resolved.

btw my rig:

http://rentrig.co/rigs/4587

Some times it's tough from the "insider's" perspective. If you get a chance elaborate on what was going wrong for you. We'll either look to tweak something to make it easier or perhaps by simply talking it through here, you will assist someone else with the same question.

Thanks!

Thanks for that, i`ll do that in future!

Thanks Smiley
I have a question

I've just joined to rent my miners out, but between rents I'd like to mine on my choice of pool.  If I switch from the mrr pool, my miners show as "offline" and I assume unrentable.

Any suggestions? Am I doing anything wrong with my set up?  Do I just have to manually go in and change my miers config?

btw my rig:

Some times it's tough from the "insider's" perspective. If you get a chance elaborate on what was going wrong for you. We'll either look to tweak something to make it easier or perhaps by simply talking it through here, you will assist someone else with the same question.

Thanks!
I have a question

btw my rig:

Pages:
Jump to: