Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 124. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Mintcoin Twitter Tipping is now Open for Business!

https://twitter.com/MintcoinTips
Please note: We currently have Windows and Linux available - WE DO NOT HAVE A MAC COMPILE.

Our hard fork is on August 1st.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Your hunch was correct.... What does that mean?

Sorry I thought with all the links it was self explanatory. Removing the old irc code cleared up the virus warnings.

-press

So this was just unused code hanging around taking up space?  I wonder how much of that is in there?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Activity: 356
should be fine. just a false positive anyway.
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

Sorry I thought with all the links it was self explanatory. Removing the old irc code cleared up the virus warnings.

-press
So is the current version 2.0 fine or do I need  to redownload again?  Or can I just leave it as is?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer

-press
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Is there anyway around the false positive on some antiviruses? Other wise i have to move my mint to a web wallet or exchange or completely move out of mint while waiting for a good time to buy back when problem is solved. Is there a web wallet for mint where i can stake?

There is a work around, switch antivirus programs.  Microsoft security essentials works pretty well and is free.  Defender is good on Win8 or later.  Neither of these programs have a problem with mint and they are also pretty light on resources.

BitDefender didn't flag it as virus also malware bytes didn't. Running fine on win7
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Is there anyway around the false positive on some antiviruses? Other wise i have to move my mint to a web wallet or exchange or completely move out of mint while waiting for a good time to buy back when problem is solved. Is there a web wallet for mint where i can stake?

There is a work around, switch antivirus programs.  Microsoft security essentials works pretty well and is free.  Defender is good on Win8 or later.  Neither of these programs have a problem with mint and they are also pretty light on resources.
Activity: 840
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
I had been travelling quite a bit and arrived home flat broke. Selling all my Mintcoin however gave me enough funds to move interstate and set myself up with new accommodation. Today I was able to put some savings back into MINT, and the new wallet is syncing up. Can't wait to start minting again!!  Cool
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
Is there a new Mac wallet and Linux wallet yet?

I've compiled a mac wallet, but it required a LOT of edits so i'm still in the process of making sure nothing broke. My goal is to have it finalized before the end of the month.
Is there a new Mac wallet and Linux wallet yet?
If you guys find some commits or some suggestions to remove these warnings let me know. But I don't have time to do all the digging and work for you. I am not even official mintcoin win compiler guy, i just thought i would give it to you guys because its easy for me to do.

Isn't this really a problem with Kaspersky?  Maybe someone should contact the company and tell them they are giving false positives for mintcoin-qt.exe.  I bet they could at least whitelist it if we could convince them they are in error.

In the meantime, I am working on compiling the the wallet.  It's just taking a while since I had to setup a vmware instance of Debian, install QT-Creator and all the dependencies.  I'm now down to compiling the libraries and getting mingw to work.  I'll get there it's just going to take awhile.

I have always had an issue with norton (I simply add the files to my ignore list and mark them as safe.

The only way I know to fix this issue is to purchase a secured and verified certificate for the software and register across the anti-virus sites. Eventually I would love to do this; however from my research the certificate along cost near $500 per year. I dont think we are ready for that yet :/
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
If you guys find some commits or some suggestions to remove these warnings let me know. But I don't have time to do all the digging and work for you. I am not even official mintcoin win compiler guy, i just thought i would give it to you guys because its easy for me to do.

Much appreciated too. >;-)
Looks like someone is needing help with the new wallet. Can anyone help?
reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/3dquyj/mintcoin_mandatory_wallet_upgrade_aug_1st_deadline/ctbnw9d

I don't have a reddit account, but I had this happen before... Save/backup wallet.dat and delete everything in the mintcoin folder, download the bootstrap and resync... fixed it for me.

I commented on the post - I missed that one!
Activity: 703
Looks like someone is needing help with the new wallet. Can anyone help?
reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/3dquyj/mintcoin_mandatory_wallet_upgrade_aug_1st_deadline/ctbnw9d

I don't have a reddit account, but I had this happen before... Save/backup wallet.dat and delete everything in the mintcoin folder, download the bootstrap and resync... fixed it for me.
Jump to: