Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 198. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
so after 2 months i opened this wallet synced and the wallet is not minting. I remember i was getting mints every minute!

I leave it over night if nothing is happens I'm out here. No point holding worthless millions.
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
Donate Mincoins to Linux Mint:

http://www.linuxmint.com/donors.php

Hey, Linux Mint actually accepts mintcoin for donations, that;s a nice touch there !
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I'd say it is one tenth of bitcoin's blockchain size so let's all bury bitcoin Wink
legendary
Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074
Donate Mincoins to Linux Mint:

http://www.linuxmint.com/donors.php

Code:
MsmGQgHY75WZ1ZzrhoNS5KUCVpyw18hxrw

What size Blockchain the mintcoin?

I see no future in coins with infinite blockchain.

:p

Activity: 425
I've been away for a while and to lazy to go catch up on the game so please humor me if you know the answer Smiley

If that damn android app finally comes out will Mint be the first android wallet that allows POS awards?

The initial launch of the mintcoin wallet will not include POS Rewards - however a very easy solution to that would be to import your desktop wallet keys into the android and then disable the new address generation feature on the mintcoin app for your cell phone which would allow the coins to collect PoS rewards through the connection of your desktop wallet while the flexibility of the mobile wallet. We are trying to find the safest and easiest method of doing this for mainstream usage.

I have requested another beta release for the android wallet from Paspi - hopefully I will hear back on that soon. Once the official wallet is out I understand that the code will be released to the community for developer contributions so we will be able to expand the development team and contributions to the android wallet going forward.

The last beta release was buggy; however it offered the same crisp feel as the desktop wallet.

I was impressed with where the app was going in the last beta.

I don't think that the android wallet release is going to cause a massive increase in the short term price; however I do believe that the technology will justly serve as a primary asset to the entire community workings of Mintcoin performance as international method of banking.

We are also in the initial research phases of a web based wallet. Our team is putting together and researching the most secure method of offering a web based solution for our community and pricing out the servers needed to complete the task.

This is currently in the discussion / research phase.

Once we have the block explorer completed and optimized and providing there are no immediate upgrade needs for the wallet we will begin allocating resources towards this enhancement.

Until then...

Keep on minting my friend Smiley
Activity: 336
I've been away for a while and to lazy to go catch up on the game so please humor me if you know the answer Smiley

If that damn android app finally comes out will Mint be the first android wallet that allows POS awards?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
mr Burns MINT charity for Billionaires with the Blues.
Mcvns2X353tjv2znJr4ZF9jCwqKBfY3mPS
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
You just miss your first 20 days. From then on there are no "losses".

OK - that's what I was thinking. Thanks.
You just miss your first 20 days. From then on there are no "losses".
While it's cool to consolidate your coins... You know that you are loosing all the minting they would be doing for the 20 days they have to stay before minting? Because you transferred them.

Well, yes and no - perhaps I am misunderstanding something here. If I am, please point it out to me.

I originally decided to consolidate due to long send times, and wallet function in general. So I understand that I missed out on any minting during that ~20 days. But now that I've taken that step, if I immediately consolidate again, I wouldn't think I'd miss any mintings, as once confirmed, the whole batch needs another ~20 days anyway? Am I missing something extremely obvious here?
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Still using an old wallet version.

Here's the full 11M+ mint! (The one from the 25th was an orphan during syncing) As soon as it fully confirms, I'm combining the transactions again.

While it's cool to consolidate your coins... You know that you are loosing all the minting they would be doing for the 20 days they have to stay before minting? Because you transferred them.

Still using an old wallet version.

Here's the full 11M+ mint! (The one from the 25th was an orphan during syncing) As soon as it fully confirms, I'm combining the transactions again.

Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
I "broke down" just about 20 days ago, and consolidated my hundreds and hundreds of transactions into one 11M+ xfer to myself. Am eagerly awaiting the first minting! Should be a rewarding experience.  Grin

[Edit: I am thinking that as soon as the whole batch mints, I'm going to immediately move everything again to keep things tight. Thoughts?]

You can probably do that, although you'd have to track it, and be quick to move it again, or you would lose some time and compount interest. I think you would also miss out on having more transaction fees from multiple mintings. But it still might make sense to do from time to time, just to clean things up a bit.

How many transaction does one get once 11M mints?

If all the coins are put into 1 single address at once, then the next minting will be 1 transaction.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Thanks for the support everyone,  will try a completely fresh installation of the wallet tonight. It would be a shame to have 25m MINT sitting there being completely useless :p

The wallet is in the middle of the minting process (as all my MINT is currently in "staking limbo" so that probably slows things down quite a bit.

Will report back on findings.
How many transaction does one get once 11M mints?
Ok, so I've got a bit of a problem...

Out of the complete blue, my wallet doesn't work anymore. That is, it does start up. However, as soon as it's showing me the wallet, the entire thing becomes unresponsive.

I haven't changed or done anything with the wallet, I haven't deposited or withdrawn any coins, nothing. Yet, suddenly, the wallet is not responding. I have tried restarting my pc numerous times but it did not help. I decided to go ahead and download the new wallet (I thought that might fix it) but the problem persists. I start it up, it freezes instantly.

Any ideas?
I have the same problem last 4 days.
Other coin walets are ok.

As stated above, the wallet is just syncing. just go to %appdata% (on Windows) --> Roaming --> Mintcoin and see if the blkindex.dat increases in size... It does for me, so there technically isn't any problem.

I'm pretty sure it will work normally after it has synced Smiley

Sometimes the GUI will lag/be unresponsive. Just let it sit, and it should eventually become responsive again. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the coin, it can be a pain though especially the larger your wallet.dat file gets, more transactions and mintings means more to keep track of, and it can do that. I would imagine that in the future, these sorts of things will get more smooth. Check if the size your wallet.dat file is several thousands of KB...that could be a reason.

I "broke down" just about 20 days ago, and consolidated my hundreds and hundreds of transactions into one 11M+ xfer to myself. Am eagerly awaiting the first minting! Should be a rewarding experience.  Grin

[Edit: I am thinking that as soon as the whole batch mints, I'm going to immediately move everything again to keep things tight. Thoughts?]
Ok, so I've got a bit of a problem...

Out of the complete blue, my wallet doesn't work anymore. That is, it does start up. However, as soon as it's showing me the wallet, the entire thing becomes unresponsive.

I haven't changed or done anything with the wallet, I haven't deposited or withdrawn any coins, nothing. Yet, suddenly, the wallet is not responding. I have tried restarting my pc numerous times but it did not help. I decided to go ahead and download the new wallet (I thought that might fix it) but the problem persists. I start it up, it freezes instantly.

Any ideas?
I have the same problem last 4 days.
Other coin walets are ok.

As stated above, the wallet is just syncing. just go to %appdata% (on Windows) --> Roaming --> Mintcoin and see if the blkindex.dat increases in size... It does for me, so there technically isn't any problem.

I'm pretty sure it will work normally after it has synced Smiley

Sometimes the GUI will lag/be unresponsive. Just let it sit, and it should eventually become responsive again. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the coin, it can be a pain though especially the larger your wallet.dat file gets, more transactions and mintings means more to keep track of, and it can do that. I would imagine that in the future, these sorts of things will get more smooth. Check if the size your wallet.dat file is several thousands of KB...that could be a reason.
Yeah, I would say, if you want to be an effective minter (invest in at least 350,000 coins) Think of it as buying mining gear...thats enough coin you should always at least be able to mint something after every 40 days.
Jump to: