Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 199. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
To those having wallet issues.
Just an FYI, my wallet is running fine although the minting has seemed to have ceased. No new coins since 10/23 Sad

win7/64, wallet 1.11

Go under coin control, and check the dates if the oldest date is less than 20 days , there will not be any minting, if you have some over 40 days then there is an issue or the amounts are too small.

Cool

Appreciate the suggestion kiklo. THB I just started goofing with coin control a couple days ago to move up on the NAV rich list(psst, dev continues to deliver on promises & anon is incoming).
Does Mint have a rich list?

Most coins are ancient. I've been holding since the beginning.
I ended up with a 570 coin mint today which is historically relatively small but...I'll take it.  Grin

Sure would like to see something great happen with Mint seeing it is a survivor from the old days of alts and was a POS innovator in it's time.

Sat value is nowhere near as important as dev activity and trading volume. I challenge everyone that visits this thread to own at least 250,000 Mint. I'm sure most do but it's a bit hypocritical for someone who owns less than 50,000 Mint to show up and complain about anything.

Get some skin in the game...
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Just an FYI, my wallet is running fine although the minting has seemed to have ceased. No new coins since 10/23 Sad

win7/64, wallet 1.11

Go under coin control, and check the dates if the oldest date is less than 20 days , there will not be any minting, if you have some over 40 days then there is an issue or the amounts are too small.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
EDIT: After searching, it might have to do with a sudden shut down/crash of the computer while the wallet was open. Still, I'm going to need an answer... anyone?

Make sure no other wallets are running , if you have a backup copy of your wallet (if not make one first), then move your wallet out of the C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Mintcoin ,
The Restart Mintcoin so it creates a new wallet and see if it still freezes or acts normal.
While it is loading don't do anything else with the PC.
If it works normally, close mintcoin, copy old wallet back , open mintcoin and run a repair on the wallet.
Also go under coin control and if you have over 200 blocks start combining them until you get down to 200 or below. Have seen someone with over 1000 block have this type of issue.

Cool
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I guess your wallet ran out of coins old enough to mint new coins. Mine minted 13 times today.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\

win7/64, wallet 1.11
Empty your \roaming folder, except for wallet.dat.

Then extract all files from http://www.mediafire.com/download/11jh0d41j4fe33d/Mintcoin-BlockChain.zip

Should get you a completely fresh blockchain in under 1 hour.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
:edited to make sense:

I tried setting up a wallet on a different rig and it was doing the same thing.

Originally I tried a clean install and after 5 days figured something was wrong.

To try something else I then downloaded a recent blockchain and the bootstrap and left it chugging for 5 days and just gave up on the thing, I don't get it, my main wallet on my other pc had not been opened for 8 weeks and caught up in a few hours, but downloading a very recent blockchain was taking days, even with the bootstrap and felt like I was getting no where.

I figured it was just catching up but I don't get why it was trying to take huge a huge amount of time. I just assumed it was something I was doing wrong lol
Did you try deleting everything in /roaming (remember to backup wallet.dat) and redownloading the blockchain from scratch?

You can speed up the downloading part by using the links from kiklo.
Activity: 28
OK, it didn't go as expected for me either. Exactly the same problem, wallet seems to be in the process of staking but is, even after syncing the blockchain, still completely unresponsive.

Are we the only ones having this problem or are there more people with frozen/unresponsive wallets?

@kakadu: Anything you changed on your pc or wallet that might have caused this or also completely random?

EDIT: After searching, it might have to do with a sudden shut down/crash of the computer while the wallet was open. Still, I'm going to need an answer... anyone?
Activity: 23
As stated above, the wallet is just syncing. just go to %appdata% (on Windows) --> Roaming --> Mintcoin and see if the blkindex.dat increases in size... It does for me, so there technically isn't any problem.

I'm pretty sure it will work normally after it has synced Smiley
It is synced... Also staking. But wallet is unresponsive.
Activity: 425
Merit: 250

I received word from Paspi that is almost ready for beta-release - will be providing more information on this for the next podcast - stay tuned!
Ok, so I've got a bit of a problem...

Out of the complete blue, my wallet doesn't work anymore. That is, it does start up. However, as soon as it's showing me the wallet, the entire thing becomes unresponsive.

I haven't changed or done anything with the wallet, I haven't deposited or withdrawn any coins, nothing. Yet, suddenly, the wallet is not responding. I have tried restarting my pc numerous times but it did not help. I decided to go ahead and download the new wallet (I thought that might fix it) but the problem persists. I start it up, it freezes instantly.

Any ideas?
I have the same problem last 4 days.
Other coin walets are ok.

As stated above, the wallet is just syncing. just go to %appdata% (on Windows) --> Roaming --> Mintcoin and see if the blkindex.dat increases in size... It does for me, so there technically isn't any problem.

I'm pretty sure it will work normally after it has synced Smiley
Activity: 23

Out of the complete blue, my wallet doesn't work anymore. That is, it does start up. However, as soon as it's showing me the wallet, the entire thing becomes unresponsive.

I haven't changed or done anything with the wallet, I haven't deposited or withdrawn any coins, nothing. Yet, suddenly, the wallet is not responding. I have tried restarting my pc numerous times but it did not help. I decided to go ahead and download the new wallet (I thought that might fix it) but the problem persists. I start it up, it freezes instantly.

Any ideas?
I have the same problem last 4 days.
Other coin walets are ok.
:O

It's true! It is increasing! Thank you so much, guess I was worried over nothing... Still, pretty strange that it never reacted like that before. I'll just download the blockchain up to August manually, should finish a bit quicker that way.

Again, many thanks for the support you both  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Thank you for your reply. I have executed those steps but still no luck.

Tried to use Task Manager to "analyse the waitchain" and it says that "One or more threads of mintcoin-qt.exe are waiting to finish network I/O", not sure if that's related to the freezing...

The weirdest part is that simply nothing changed, this happened completely at random.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Might look frozen but it is actually syncing.  If you go into the mintcoin appdata and keep refreshing the folder, you will see the blkindex.dat size increasing.  At least this is what is happening to some of the coin wallets I have with unresponsive behavior.  Just let it be and check back after a while.

-tb-
Thank you for your reply. I have executed those steps but still no luck.

Tried to use Task Manager to "analyse the waitchain" and it says that "One or more threads of mintcoin-qt.exe are waiting to finish network I/O", not sure if that's related to the freezing...

The weirdest part is that simply nothing changed, this happened completely at random.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Any ideas?

Firstly if you have any mintcoins in your wallet... back it up.

Things to check:
anti-virus (make exception etc...)
malwarebytes off
install with admin privileges
check network

Any ideas?
Activity: 644
Anybody think there is a chance mint could hit $.01

nope. mint is pretty much dormant/dead.

FYI:
If you really Believe that you should not keep that worthless coin you should get rid of it as soon as possible,
so send me all of your Mintcoins for free since it has no value at MjjhupELeqVSNf6khYydXxAq81mVKj2b3y .

LOL   Cheesy

Still waiting for your Mintcoins.

Cool

am not a bagholder of this failed coin. cant send what i do not and will not ever wish to own. so you can have a bag of hot air which is all mint will ever be really worth.

So you never had this coin , never wanted this coin
so why are you even here, if you have no interest in it at all.
Things I have no interest in , I don't have anything to do with,
Maybe you should rethink how you Waste yours & other People's Time about something you are not involved in.  

Cool

P.S.
Find something you are interested in and go play there.
Because here you are just a time waster.
Just so you know what you are doing is acedia (sloth/discouragement) , one of the seven deadly sins.

2nd P.S.
Or maybe you can go explain Brain Surgery to a Doctor , since you enjoy talking about stuff you don't know anything about.  Cheesy

+1
I wonder this all the time as well.Why waste your time trolling a thread  of a coin you have no interest in.Is your life really that boring Huh
Jump to: