Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 248. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 250
David submitted the paperwork and it looks like we are now in a waiting period. It should take about a month before everything is finalized.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
David's always been involved with more than one coin and right now he seems to be putting quite a bit of time into Monero (really worth checking out - it's going to out compete any of the other 'anon' coins). I was a bit worried about the lack of news too, but I heard from cyrptomommy today that he's still pushing the fund through the final stages

Well, it's been over 6 weeks. We've all been patiently waiting for the reason why. Care to share?

I agree - most of us here practice what I consider to be extreme patience. Patience is all well and good, but it would seem that you think we are all "saints" here (as in, "the patience of a...").

I posted a question directed to David Latapie back on July 8:

Hey David - any updates on the progress of the NGO?

After no response for a while, I noticed that he was participating as part of the dev team of another coin, so it's not like he's not been around:

Seems David may be a little busy on a new coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7695761

While there is nothing wrong with David being involved elsewhere, it does seem a little odd, and maybe somewhat disturbing, that he did not take the time to respond. Maybe he just didn't check this thread, I didn't PM him. But with what he is supposedly doing with the NGO, I would think he'd be somewhat interested in what's going on with MintCoin.

Yes - I would really like some sort of an update... please.

David's always been involved with more than one coin and right now he seems to be putting quite a bit of time into Monero (really worth checking out - it's going to out-compete any of the other 'anon' coins). I was a bit worried about the lack of news too, but I heard from cyrptomommy today that he's working on the fund as we speak. Before he left for Brasil, he said that he would check back when he had news, so we're back to the issue of legal stuff taking time. I don't blame him for not coming back to update us on the lack of news until it's all finalised, and I don't imagine that the NGO stuff is all hands-on so it's reasonable to assume that he has spare time to work on other projects while it's going through.

But yeah, it's been a while and we're saints for waiting - just gotta hope that it's coming soon (in real world time, not cryptocurrency time)
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
What if we had an awesome idea based on the MintCoin Fund that was supposed to bring awareness of the coin like no other idea before?
Wait...
but we HAVE that!

And this is not a fake announcement! We have already hinted at that several times!
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/437175848912052224
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/443597287798099968

Buy now or regret!

Sounds promising but when do you announce what this big idea is?

When the MintCoin Fund is registered. Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO for a crypto, there's a reason why!
Well, it's been over 6 weeks. We've all been patiently waiting for the reason why. Care to share?

I agree - most of us here practice what I consider to be extreme patience. Patience is all well and good, but it would seem that you think we are all "saints" here (as in, "the patience of a...").

I posted a question directed to David Latapie back on July 8:

Hey David - any updates on the progress of the NGO?

After no response for a while, I noticed that he was participating as part of the dev team of another coin, so it's not like he's not been around:

Seems David may be a little busy on a new coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7695761

While there is nothing wrong with David being involved elsewhere, it does seem a little odd, and maybe somewhat disturbing, that he did not take the time to respond. Maybe he just didn't check this thread, I didn't PM him. But with what he is supposedly doing with the NGO, I would think he'd be somewhat interested in what's going on with MintCoin.

Yes - I would really like some sort of an update... please.
Activity: 453
What if we had an awesome idea based on the MintCoin Fund that was supposed to bring awareness of the coin like no other idea before?
Wait...
but we HAVE that!

And this is not a fake announcement! We have already hinted at that several times!
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/437175848912052224
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/443597287798099968

Buy now or regret!

Sounds promising but when do you announce what this big idea is?

When the MintCoin Fund is registered. Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO for a crypto, there's a reason why!
Activity: 364
Mintcoin presents:

MC LARS "Ballin' on that Mintcoin"

#MCLars #Mintcoin

"Ballin' on that Mintcoin": Download the MP3!

If you liked the song please consider a donation it would really help me out and continue working on mintcoin:  MYjNXcjFaAJFmXRomNnDpZgrrgmK7ccdHo

Does anyone know who the top two hoarders of Mint are?
http://mint.blockx.info/richlist/
The top two have over 1 billion Mint.
Pretty sure those would be exchanges. Everyone concurs the top address is Mintpal. The second is likely Cryptsy.

EDIT: Feel free to test it out to make sure... buy a billion Mint from Mintpal, see what happens Tongue

Gee... think that'd set off some panic-buying action??!  Grin
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Pretty sure those would be exchanges. Everyone concurs the top address is Mintpal. The second is likely Cryptsy.

EDIT: Feel free to test it out to make sure... buy a billion Mint from Mintpal, see what happens Tongue
Activity: 490
Activity: 574
Activity: 429
Activity: 336
Basically the coin is dead .
I bought the coin at 22 satoshi and i'm sorry for my dreams !

Don't call dead because you've bowed out. If the DEVS and the community keeps fighting it can live on. Many "small players" can make a huge difference.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Basically the coin is alive.
IDK what you're dreaming, but dream on.

I bought at all these satoshi price levels 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 18, 21, 39, 59

I know the price is currently down low right now, this is when it is a better time to buy. Buy low. There are trades going on everyday, and there are a lot of good things with Mintcoin. I have never sold any of my Mintcoins. I am absolutely convinced it is the best crypto, and nothing phases me from continuing to gradually buy more and more over time. I love the low prices, because at this rate, I'm on track to buy up 300,000,000 coins over the next 2 years. But I sort of doubt the price will remain this cheap so long. I'm sure it will rise to be steadily over 500+ satoshis, someday. You have to look a few years down the road. If there are some larger, whale size investors that discover Mintcoin things could really take off, quick.
Sure lets all hear a newbie account Roll Eyes ...
Activity: 3

Basically the coin is alive.
IDK what you're dreaming, but dream on.

I bought at all these satoshi price levels 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 18, 21, 39, 59

I know the price is currently down low right now, this is when it is a better time to buy. Buy low. There are trades going on everyday, and there are a lot of good things with Mintcoin. I have never sold any of my Mintcoins. I am absolutely convinced it is the best crypto, and nothing phases me from continuing to gradually buy more and more over time. I love the low prices, because at this rate, I'm on track to buy up 300,000,000 coins over the next 2 years. But I sort of doubt the price will remain this cheap so long. I'm sure it will rise to be steadily over 500+ satoshis, someday. You have to look a few years down the road. If there are some larger, whale size investors that discover Mintcoin things could really take off, quick.
Activity: 546
Something worth looking into?

[ANN][ATM] TRANSFAIR crowdfunding EUROPE TWO-WAY ATMs for 10 ALTCOINS

Get REAL market adoption!
Get your Coin on our ATM-Network in Europe

Hello Coin-makers, experts, supporter..

This summer we started the operation of two Bitcoin / Litecoin / Dogecoin Two-Way-ATMs (bitcoinatm.com) in Germany, later Istanbul among others.
The devices allow users, to exchange Coins in Dollars or Euros and vice versa. 
The (now three) devices are already here and  tested, currendly we are deploying them to their locations in Cologne and Frankfurt Airport.

Our main goal is (besides of earning money) to get as many crypto-currencies into the market as possible, to foster a decentralized, democratic and diverse system. So these ATM's are just the beginning of a long, but clear roadmap. Next step will be, to finish our own frirmware and replace the OEM firmware of the ATM. This will not only enable us, to add any coin, we like, but also provide the later needed interfaces and APIs, to smoothly integrate our ATMs, into our currently planning pay,ment processing system and various online exchanges.  Now, we would like to speed up this development and beginn testing tilll end of this year. To raise the additional money, for that, we decided, to go even a step further and to intoduce the first ten altcoins into our project, so that these can grow smoothly with us .

This we'd like to offer to  creators / producers / supporters of altcoins,
who will take part on this crowdfunding:

- The opportunity, to make it possible, that everybody can get his Coin into ATMs.
- A contract, that guarantes your coin, getting into the portfolio, of our ATM Exchanges.
- Skyrocket the merchant acceptance and usability, of you coin
- Get involved into our whole development proceess and  experience / influence our daily business.
- Make quite shure, your coin gets a „firstmover“ attention in pressreleases.

Are there any reqirements:

- being business partners, we will have to like each other. (Yes! We only work with, persons, we like)
- your coin should have a value, to enable cash outs, that make any sense
- you have any official business, to assign our agreement to

As, our common practice, when choosing partners, we follow the concept
„test more, choose carefully, then work with full trust“

Details about the software structure, timetable and any other questions, we'd like to answer personally.

Gideon Gallasch (Greenmedia/Consulting): SKYPE: greenmedia bochum / T: 00491775401534
(he is the guy to ask about contract details, investor relations)

Matthias Klees (Szenekonzept/Coinsulting): SKYPE: szenekonzept / T: 004921616787707
(Me)

Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Anyone with Mintcoin on the Mintpal exchange should probably put it on a more secure exchange. At this point Mintcoin isn't likely to be the target of a theft like Vericoin was, but the fact that hackers were able to steal 8 million Vericoin in one swoop tells me that Mintpal's security was sorely lacking. Most likely the coins were in a hot wallet and being staked.

Vericoin is destroyed, I don't see how a coin can recover from something like this. I don't want the same thing to happen to Mintcoin.

Please move your coins.

Edit: There are less than 1 billion Mintcoins on Mintpal, but I think my point still stands.
It may be a Mintpal issue...but the fact is, Vericoin is just not secure anyway. The devs of Vericoin don't understand how to do POS security. "Min Stake Time of 8 hours, No Max Stake Time or Amount" = no security.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Deep Onion = soon to be the #1 ANON COIN!
I sent a copy of Ballin' to Coindesk asking them to feature the song. More emails couldn't hurt  Wink

[email protected]

That's a good idea I just sent an email to them, music related news sites might also be interested in this song.

Good point.  If the music can go viral, the coin will get some welcome exposure. Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Anyone with Mintcoin on the Mintpal exchange should probably put it on a more secure exchange. At this point Mintcoin isn't likely to be the target of a theft like Vericoin was, but the fact that hackers were able to steal 8 million Vericoin in one swoop tells me that Mintpal's security was sorely lacking. Most likely the coins were in a hot wallet and being staked.

Vericoin is destroyed, I don't see how a coin can recover from something like this. I don't want the same thing to happen to Mintcoin.

Please move your coins.

Edit: There are less than 1 billion Mintcoins on Mintpal, but I think my point still stands.
Activity: 11
Hello,

If you want to buy some Steam or Origin game keys you can visit my auction on www.bitspace.com.pl and you can pay for them using our great coin Mintcoin.
Website is in Polish language but you can contact with me directly using PM here.

Jump to: