Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 251. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
It will be out soon? The code hasnt been touched in over a month and I dont see any updates, not sure where you are getting your "soon" from.
Development hasn't stopped, I'm just not pushing my changes. And I'm busy with some real life stuff lately, otherwise it's 99% complete and ready to be released.

Don't judge android wallet's value by it's mint bounty. I'm not doing the MINT part for its bounty, it's not a freelance job for me -- I believe this is a community work, and I hope the community will take over its development when it's released. There are no POS bitcoinj forks in existence (and I doubt that anyone can manage to release something), and this is the first bitcoinj fork for POS coins, and it works (the POS library). For last few months, I haven't touched mintcoinj part and only been fiddling with getting the android UI to work besides my real life responsibilities.

I will be well compensated by other POS coins once it's done, I see other coins as freelance projects, not mint. I hope the community does not see this as a freelance too, because I'm not doing this for it's bounty, I'm not working as for a paid project to do mint's wallet, I'm doing it just because of being part of this community and that I am able to do it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Bitcoin was premined by Satoshi Nakamoto, about 8% or so of the total Bitcoin money supply and he doesn't do shit to develop it, so quit your bitching.

You know who Satoshi is? Please enlighten us.

You have no idea who he or they are, nor do you have any idea what his/their contribution has been.

All you know is that there is an account with BTC in it. That alone means nothing.

its the exact same thing lol
No refer to my post point number 2. Developers are the ones to take these coins above the initial hump. Just reality, many ppl just dont see it.

oh like devcoin?

ha ha ha

the only thing that matters is whether or not it is used as a currency because technically speaking Qt is already developed and no more "development" is needed.

You are talking about marketing, and that is up to coin holders.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
No refer to my post point number 2. Developers are the ones to take these coins above the initial hump. Just reality, many ppl just dont see it.

I disagree - it takes a community effort as well as the devs to get things going, and the devs did a hell of a lot to get the coin over the initial hump.

Your post number 2 is invalid. As I stated  - a good proportion of the premine has already been used. Just because you thought that the bounty for the android wallet wasn't enough, Papsi clearly though that it was. The wallet will be out soon and I'd rather that it was slightly delayed and not released with any bugs.

You really need to try harder at this whole FUD thing.
clearly it hasnt passed initial hump it hasnt evolved enough technically.

There was no bounty for it when I was asked it was a price given by op and
community had to step in to get it going when papsi came in.. that tells you alot.

No sane competent developer would work 60 hours for 0.25 btc or something stupid it equated to. Going rate was around 2-4btc and thats without pos integration. It was clearly misjudged intentionally with no remorse to change it when asked. So point 2 is very valid.

It will be out soon? The code hasnt been touched in over a month and I dont see any updates, not sure where you are getting your "soon" from.
Activity: 453

I disagree - it takes a community effort as well as the devs to get things going, and the devs did a hell of a lot to get the coin over the initial hump.

Your post number 2 is invalid. As I stated  - a good proportion of the premine has already been used. Just because you thought that the bounty for the android wallet wasn't enough, Papsi clearly though that it was. The wallet will be out soon and I'd rather that it was slightly delayed and not released with any bugs.

If the developer took the development of the Android Wallet seriously, it would have been completed months ago and the coin would be in much better shape than it is now. That's not FUD.

A true reflection of the developers foresight and vision is reflected in the price of the coin.

We all know where that is.
Bitcoin was premined by Satoshi Nakamoto, about 8% or so of the total Bitcoin money supply and he doesn't do shit to develop it, so quit your bitching.

You know who Satoshi is? Please enlighten us.

You have no idea who he or they are, nor do you have any idea what his/their contribution has been.

All you know is that there is an account with BTC in it. That alone means nothing.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Your post number 2 is invalid. As I stated  - a good proportion of the premine has already been used. Just because you thought that the bounty for the android wallet wasn't enough, Papsi clearly though that it was. The wallet will be out soon and I'd rather that it was slightly delayed and not released with any bugs.

The pos interest is 20%, but the dump is 500%+, even more.

What? I'm not sure what that means - are we in negative figures now?
Activity: 1
Activity: 229
The pos interest is 20%, but the dump is 500%+, even more.
legendary
Not dead. Just drowning.

Like I said the first days it was released there are a few things it needs to grow.

1) Get rid of the premine. Noone will invest with it. U cant justify it for me. As an investor the owner thinks he knows better by holding billions.

2) If you insist on premine.. be liberal on giving to developers. By being cheap the owner and hence the stakeholders of this coin become cornered into the last step.

3) real development. pos is only the door.

The premine isn't "billions." The amount was announced before. And it has been being used to reward developers and those who help the coin. I can personally confirm this.

Sorry 0.7 billion and read point 2 you didnt get it.

Check the information about the premine (http://mintcoin.cc/news-room/). What exactly do you count as cheap? To date, of the 0.7bn coins, 0.116bn (if you insist on using that fraction) have been allocated or already spent on development or promotion, and that doesn't count the most recent bounties for the tipbot or banners.

Also bear in mind that this coin is still only a few months old and that the major development are still to come. This is a long term coin, do not expect the whole of the premine to be blown in the first half year - the fact that around 17% has been spent/allocated already is anything but cheap.

So where is the android wallet?

First weeks I was offered 5 million for thr android wallet from op.. that is what I consider cheap. I knew how much work it was he or she didnt but didnt care was greedy/cheap. Id rather not post private messages to prove my point. Wonder what it was spent on since alot of ppl were donating out of their own will even with the premine.

so basically your mad because you didn't get any money out of them, get outa here with that shit
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Hey David - any updates on the progress of the NGO?

Seems David may be a little busy on a new coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7695761

legendary
Not dead. Just drowning.

Like I said the first days it was released there are a few things it needs to grow.

1) Get rid of the premine. Noone will invest with it. U cant justify it for me. As an investor the owner thinks he knows better by holding billions.

2) If you insist on premine.. be liberal on giving to developers. By being cheap the owner and hence the stakeholders of this coin become cornered into the last step.

The premine isn't "billions." The amount was announced before. And it has been being used to reward developers and those who help the coin. I can personally confirm this.

Check the information about the premine (http://mintcoin.cc/news-room/). What exactly do you count as cheap? To date, of the 0.7bn coins, 0.116bn (if you insist on using that fraction) have been allocated or already spent on development or promotion, and that doesn't count the most recent bounties for the tipbot or banners.

Also bear in mind that this coin is still only a few months old and that the major development are still to come. This is a long term coin, do not expect the whole of the premine to be blown in the first half year - the fact that around 17% has been spent/allocated already is anything but cheap.

So where is the android wallet?

First weeks I was offered 5 million for thr android wallet from op.. that is what I consider cheap. I knew how much work it was he or she didnt but didnt care was greedy/cheap. Id rather not post private messages to prove my point. Wonder what it was spent on since alot of ppl were donating out of their own will even with the premine.
Activity: 13
Speaking of news and exchanges ... the OP page could really use a clean up.

Starting to collect alot of dead links.

You're right. Out of the faucets, only Cyan Rainbow is still operational.
Activity: 182
Speaking of news and exchanges ... the OP page could really use a clean up.

Starting to collect alot of dead links.
Here is a promo video for anybody interested in using it. Simply download from YouTube, open in an editing program, add your domain name under the "Learn more and receive your first FREE Mintcoin at:" line.

This is intended for Faucets but anyone is welcome to use it.

http://youtu.be/1pZPEpJOo3A
Not dead. Just drowning.

legendary
Not dead. Just drowning.

Activity: 140
Merit: 102
Hello Mintcoin Community!

First off, awesome work on the new wallet!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your Mintcoin investment.  I'm a Mintcoin investor myself and am excited to see what the future holds for the coin.  Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

Pro Version (super awesome!) (no ads) (earlier updates) (just because you love us Cheesy)

Free Version (still awesome!)

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-blockfolio-bitcoin-and-altcoin-portfolio-app-android-and-ios-660696

Thanks to everyone that has supported our app.  Smiley Bittrex is now live on the newest update!
Jump to: