Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 252. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Not dead. Just drowning.

Like I said the first days it was released there are a few things it needs to grow.

1) Get rid of the premine. Noone will invest with it. U cant justify it for me. As an investor the owner thinks he knows better by holding billions.

2) If you insist on premine.. be liberal on giving to developers. By being cheap the owner and hence the stakeholders of this coin become cornered into the last step.

3) real development. pos is only the door.

The premine isn't "billions." The amount was announced before. And it has been being used to reward developers and those who help the coin. I can personally confirm this.
Activity: 27
Unfortunately Cryptoalts.com shutdown because of the owner didn’t had any time to maintain the pool. I was the node operator of Cryptoalts and start re-writing the code to continue this pool.

After two weeks of coding / testing the pool is now open for open beta-testing under the name:

http://www.DutchPool.eu

DutchPool is a Hybrid p2pool multipool where you can mine POS coins like Blackcoin / Mintcoin and X11Coin. There is no registration needed just use your coin address as username and start mining. You can also get paid in multiple POS coins (Hybrid mining). Combine the address with a period (.) as username see our getting started page for more info. We have nodes online in Europe and Asia for Scrypt / X11 and SHA256.

We hope to see all Cryptoalts miners back at Dutchpool!

Dutcpool ANN thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annp2poolmultipoolhybrid-minig-dutchpooleu-683332
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Mintcoin's proof-of-stake participation rate has been steadily increasing.  A couple months ago it was at about 60% which is very very good, but currently Mintcoin is cooking along at a PoS participation rate of over 63% now. This is huge!  And this is an extremely good statistic because PoS is the way for the security of the network. This participation rate is even higher than Peercoin's which is around 58%.

Interesting observation, where can you find this percentage?
Activity: 25
Mintcoin's proof-of-stake participation rate has been steadily increasing.  A couple months ago it was at about 60% which is very very good, but currently Mintcoin is cooking along at a PoS participation rate of over 63% now. This is huge!  And this is an extremely good statistic because PoS is the way for the security of the network. This participation rate is even higher than Peercoin's which is around 58%.
Activity: 356
Coin is not dead, there are trades happening every day. The total volume is down lower than other coins because people are not day trading it as much, due to coin design as the majority of holders are doing just that, holding in order to be able to mint. Price swings are temporary and unpredictable, but minting is reliable and consistent, and takes time. The all time lowest MINT was, was in June at 3 satoshis which was a month ago. In the last 30 days the lowest has been 4 satoshis, so we might be slowly moving up now. I am definitely holding, I really like this coin...also waiting, saving my money to see how low it goes too. If it goes really low, then it is great to buy cheap, if it goes really high, then I already have plenty, so either way it works.

On a different note, has anyone tried using Prelude yet? Apparently 0.1% trading fees. Trading pairs for MINT/BTC and MINT/USD:

https://prelude.io/trade/btc/mint

https://prelude.io/trade/usd/mint
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
People are holding and not trading, that's why daily numbers are low. I have mined many and bought, many times and selling NOT YET!!!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Not dead. Just drowning.

Like I said the first days it was released there are a few things it needs to grow.

1) Get rid of the premine. Noone will invest with it. U cant justify it for me. As an investor the owner thinks he knows better by holding billions.

2) If you insist on premine.. be liberal on giving to developers. By being cheap the owner and hence the stakeholders of this coin become cornered into the last step.

3) real development. pos is only the door.
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
really dead coin !
what we thinked and what will happened !

We think you need to find a better translator  Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
really dead coin !
what we thinked and what will happened !
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Zetacoin is a better choice for me, the only powerful reason is FreeBSD.
IMO, Nah. Zetacoin is so completely different it is not really comparable, totally different specie. Mintcoin is faster, more energy efficient, and has coin cap.
Activity: 229
Zetacoin is a better choice for me, the only powerful reason is FreeBSD.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Hey David - any updates on the progress of the NGO?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
The news ( as TOR or other )  are important for this coin.!
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Look at the top 15 addresses in this rich list http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/
Now compare it to the top 15 addresses in this rich list http://mint.blockx.info/richlist/

Notice how some of the addresses display different amounts depending on which block explorer you are looking at. The later block explorer seems to be the correct one.  It is not that the first is completely wrong either but apparently there is a glitch or delay or something with with it because you have to actually click on the address and go into the transaction details and then it reports the correct amount.
Activity: 229
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Seeing so much FUD against Mintcoin (Daily) , I am sure of one thing ! Many people are really closely watching mintcoin activities daily ! Many people want mintcoin dead ! Hmmmm why do they feel Mintcoin as threat at all , I wonder ?  Roll Eyes

All MintCoiners , Thanks Alot for staying Strong !  ( Specially MintCoiners from CHINA )

@mintcointeam - Is it possible to add http://mintcoin.pw to the list of Mintcoin Forums? I'd like to help Minctoin -- to use a Dogecoin saying -- go to the moon, but I need people to know about it first. Smiley

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------
FOR THOSE THAT DON'T VISIT THE SUBREDDIT
Mintcoin.pw is a new unofficial Mintcoin forum that I created. It is not run by the official Mintcoin team. Check it out if you want! We're having a giveaway too. Smiley

Just joined scribbler, when the community grows more places to discuss mint will be useful just like there are two block explorers. When one goes down we still got another. Every new website about mintcoin will only expend the mintcoin universe.

Smiley Thanks! Smiley
Activity: 364
@mintcointeam - Is it possible to add http://mintcoin.pw to the list of Mintcoin Forums? I'd like to help Minctoin -- to use a Dogecoin saying -- go to the moon, but I need people to know about it first. Smiley

Thanks!

FOR THOSE THAT DON'T VISIT THE SUBREDDIT
Mintcoin.pw is a new unofficial Mintcoin forum that I created. It is not run by the official Mintcoin team. Check it out if you want! We're having a giveaway too. Smiley

Just joined scribbler, when the community grows more places to discuss mint will be useful just like there are two block explorers. When one goes down we still got another. Every new website about mintcoin will only expand the mintcoin universe.
Activity: 325

Thanks!

Sure, even though you seem to be confusing "rampant censorship" with basic moderation on MintcoinTalk or the subreddit Grin

Also note that MintcoinTalk was created by a community member that is now missing in action. I had to ask for admin rights or it will be dead now...

hehe... Was hoping you didn't read that.  Lips sealed I do regret saying that, and I apologize. I was getting depressed and desperate because people basically were saying there was no use for the forum currently after I spent almost two weeks working on it. Sad   I did note, however, that that was mainly an issue before the premine. There was even discussion involving some of the community's most notable members (not going to say names) about forking. Things have gotten much better since the premine release however, and I'm happy that the community was able to turn around and become unified again.
Jump to: