Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 286. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
gogodr, what does -rescan wallet do?
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Most of my mintcoins were bought at 24 sat. I will still hold them. I still believe mintcoin.
I'm also holding.

First of all, if you all truly believe in Mintcoin, you should be buying not just holding. Holding does not make the value rise. If you truly believe in the coin and you thought it was a good deal at 24 sats, choosing now to only hold and not be buying more now at 4 sats makes no sense and is totally illogical. If you are a believer in the coin you should be trying to buy more and more every time the price drops, as it becomes a great bargain, and will pay off in the future.

That said, why try to pump up the price of the coin at all? Why not just let all the day traders panic sell, and dump into the lower buy orders of the people who actually believe in the coin. It will actually be better if the coin drops as low as possible so that we can get on with a price reversal and back on to a bull market. Why not just let the coin drop to 1 or 2 or 3 sats for a while, let all short-term minded people and all the day traders get burned, let them be purged out. Then, once all of the weak hands are purged, and all of the Mintcoins are finally in the hands of those long-term minded people willing to take Mintcoin into the hundreds of sats, we can finally this bull market rolling.

Don't get me wrong, I am a solid believer in Mintcoin, and have been buying more coins at every chance I get. One thing you have to consider, at this stage is, you cannot get too hung up on price. The price and market cap can rise 50% in a day or drop 50% in a day easily at this level, that doesn't mean the coin is dead, and it doesn't mean the coin is going to the moon either. I believe Mintcoin is a coin worth hundreds of sats, and because of this I have been continually buying - I even bought some as high as 59 sats.  I have been holding the whole time, but most importantly, still buying more as the price has dropped, (most recently at 7 sats).

Also, just and FYI, Bitcoin itself went through a few stages where it dropped 90%, (I know at one point a few years ago BTC got pumped to around $32 dollars and then dropped down to $3) and then went on to rise again...volatility is just something you need to get used to and comfortable with at this stage in the game.. it is just the way it is. Mintcoin has excellent risk/reward ratio.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Can we get a little emergency help from the devs before this coin completely dies... 4 sat is really dangerous guys
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I just deleted the chain file and kept the wallet.dat when updating.
I didn't really use a "backup" I used the file directly.
Did u remember to back up wallet.dat?
Activity: 434
I just updated from 1.6 to 1.9.1. All my transactions are confirmed and all but it says that I have a 0 balance in my wallet.
Anyone had the same problem?

-edit:
oh I'm using repairwallet.
suddenly half of my mintcoins dissapeared and then again half of mintcoins I had left are now in stake ..
anyone knows whats going on?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
The Android wallet news is posted on CryptoMoms - looks great. Feel free to post any other Mintcoin news or info there, or on Fire Fighters For Digital Currency (Investors Lounge).  There will be a lot of people new to crypto checking it out in the next few months.

http://cryptomoms.com/forum/general-discussion/9/mintcoin/187/15

http://firefightersfordigitalcurrency.com/

Activity: 229
We mintcoiners need big venture investors.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
@icecreamscoop > Huh? Go advertise on some other thread... not in one dedicated to another coin. Dillweed.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
mintcoin? huh? There is only one way i get REAL PROFIT! MONERO! MO-NE-RO! Capture this, people. TO THE MOON!

Why? I want to understand why!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Truly amazing (/sarcasm) how the same people who were spreading fud in here weeks even months ago suddenly come right back at the sign of some really positive news (android wallet).. You would think people would have something better to do than literally wait and follow a coin's thread for extended periods of time, contributing to it in no way, only so that they can bring negativity back into it at the first sign of good news.

For what, fun?

it's because btc is on the rise and btc holders think alt coins are taking money from btc

it happens every time btc rises a bit

probably the same dude with multiple sock puppets
I was just stating the obvious as to why mint has been on a steady decline sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I bought in at 5 sat when the coin was brand new and sold at 50 during the P&D. I'm still holding a small amount 3mill just waiting for another P&D which from the looks of it may never happen. I was naive and thought maybe from the pressure the dev would disclose some info on his premine which never happened because I'm pretty sure that was dumped during the P&D.
Activity: 364
Truly amazing (/sarcasm) how the same people who were spreading fud in here weeks even months ago suddenly come right back at the sign of some really positive news (android wallet).. You would think people would have something better to do than literally wait and follow a coin's thread for extended periods of time, contributing to it in no way, only so that they can bring negativity back into it at the first sign of good news.

For what, fun?

it's because btc is on the rise and btc holders think alt coins are taking money from btc

it happens every time btc rises a bit

probably the same dude with multiple sock puppets
I just have a thought that the reason of the problem is the mintcoin interest. It goes from 20% to 5% for 3 years. It is really 3 years. No one can short the period and boost the process. Comparing with a PoW coin. The difficulty of the PoW coin can be boosted as more and more people come to mine the coins. So the PoW coins needn't to wait several years for difficulty increasement and also the price increasement.

Maybe 3 years are what the mintcoin developers want. They set the games and have the deep insight.

BTW. If you put 5 or 15 BTC at 4 sat to protect the plate, you will be rushed out.
Activity: 546
Another call for helping us buy at 4sat!
It is sad. Most of my mintcoins were bought at 24 sat. I will still hold them. I still believe mintcoin.

So I will watch the game from start to end. What will happen the next days?

I'm also holding. I'm holding only because at prices these low some new blood will likely come to join the party and MIGHT bring some much needed genuine marketing talent. Not just good intentions.

It was previously mentioned by sidhujag that it would actually be a good thing if the developer had now unloaded all the pre-mine - I'm inclined to agree. No point them selling into any new life brought to the coin from new blood.

I think the most effective way to the heart is to get some big venture investor. thousands of bitcoin investment.
Activity: 490
We will be the next DRK.. community will see the innovation and how undervalued it is, people will still have coins stashed away minting and have forgotten mint.. Demand will be high and supply low leading to huge rise  Cool
Activity: 453
It is sad. Most of my mintcoins were bought at 24 sat. I will still hold them. I still believe mintcoin.

I'm also holding. I'm holding only because at prices these low some new blood will likely come to join the party and MIGHT bring some much needed genuine marketing talent. Not just good intentions.

It was previously mentioned by sidhujag that it would actually be a good thing if the developer had now unloaded all the pre-mine - I'm inclined to agree. No point them selling into any new life brought to the coin from new blood.

Jump to: