Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 283. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Well it seems like Mintcoin will not be the first out of the gate with a PoS Android wallet. Fluttercoin has announced it will be releasing it's PoS Android wallet this coming weekend.

https://twitter.com/fluttercoin/status/473584772963639296

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sinet3k.blkice

Blackcoin's Android wallet was released yesterday.

I dont see where it says if it is PoS functional- is it?

Blackcoins Android wallet is not PoS....yet....the Fluttercoin Android WILL be PoS capable.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Well it seems like Mintcoin will not be the first out of the gate with a PoS Android wallet. Fluttercoin has announced it will be releasing it's PoS Android wallet this coming weekend.

I dont see where it says if it is PoS functional- is it?
Activity: 126

Activity: 230

Activity: 434
Merit: 511
In reaction to the online bank idea, I'd like to share my idea to fund the mintcoin fund:

A central place/website where you create an account, send mintcoins to an unique address an can withdraw anytime. The coins that are minted in the big hot shared wallet will be send and used for the mintcoin fund.

This way you don't have to donate in a way where you lose coins, but you lend some of your mint money as long as you want.

[account: John Doe]
You have contributed 34930 mint by keeping your mintcoins in The Stake House
(or something like that).

We can call it: The Stake House, GreenMinting, Mint4Mint, Mint4Life, ...

That is actually a cool idea, we could use the mintcoins to do some crazy stuff like make some famous girl promote mintcoin.
Or use them for a charity, or build something foor poor people just something to bring attention to mint.
I think alot of people would help out if it was something they believed in, and someone trustworthy is behind it.
Hit me up if you need any help.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
In reaction to the online bank idea, I'd like to share my idea to fund the mintcoin fund:

A central place/website where you create an account, send mintcoins to an unique address an can withdraw anytime. The coins that are minted in the big hot shared wallet will be send and used for the mintcoin fund.

This way you don't have to donate in a way where you lose coins, but you lend some of your mint money as long as you want.

[account: John Doe]
You have contributed 34930 mint by keeping your mintcoins in The Stake House
(or something like that).

We can call it: The Stake House, GreenMinting, Mint4Mint, Mint4Life, ...
Activity: 229
High award makes Low price? Low award makes High price?

Are you talking about the PoS rate at 20% in the first year compared with 5% in the 4th and subsequent years?

Anyway, I am waiting on the big news from the dev regarding Mintcoin. If it is some epic marketing strategy that could get institutional investors in, that could be big news for Mintcoin. If we could get Mintcoin up to $0.01 or even $0.001, I would be really happy.

If Mintcoin added anonymity and a hidden message system, do you think this will help or is it just too gimmicky? I would really love to see more investors go in with Mintcoin and push the price upwards and onwards.

Two factors to increase the price:
Big investor - as what happened to bitcoin last week.
Low award - at least 3 years.

I have no later power to buy this coin.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
If Mintcoin added anonymity and a hidden message system, do you think this will help or is it just too gimmicky? I would really love to see more investors go in with Mintcoin and push the price upwards and onwards.

Can someone please explain to me how having a Mint address lets me identify someone? I'm serious, genuinely curious.

Having an adress does not expose you in any way, however, if you know that an adress belongs to a specific person, you can easily track every payment to and from that person via the blockchain. As someone has already stated; it's basically like leaving your checkbook open to the public - for anyone to read.

For regular purchases, like buying a cup of coffe or purchasing a funny hat for your dog, no one will give a shit. It comes down to how Mintcoin should be adopted and used. To the average Joe, Darkcoin probably sounds like scary shit, used for money laundering and buying drugs and weapons.
I'm not certain that I support Mint becoming anonymous. The big problem we've got now is that Mint has no value backing it up. Just take a look at Karma. I think IF Mint should "copy" any other coin, the PoC-model from Karmashares would be the way to go. It basically means setting up an LLC, where anyone can become a stakeholder in the company.

It would reduce the amount of coins in circulation and possibly bring up the value of the coin -depening of the success of the company and it's projects. This however, requires dedication and a lot of support from the community and the developers. I know there are lots of dedicated people out there who could make this happen. This may be the perfect opportunity for making use of the premine.
Activity: 210

I know you weren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway lol.

Anonymous wallets seem to be all the rage right now, which is why I think it's gimmicky. I mean unless a person plans to use the coin for a criminal activity, that person would remain anonymous anyway right?

Can someone please explain to me how having a Mint address lets me identify someone? I'm serious, genuinely curious.

Anyway, my take is that anonymity shouldn't be an official wallet feature. Someone could make a version of the one BTC uses I suppose.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252

Are you talking about the PoS rate at 20% in the first year compared with 5% in the 4th and subsequent years?

Anyway, I am waiting on the big news from the dev regarding Mintcoin. If it is some epic marketing strategy that could get institutional investors in, that could be big news for Mintcoin. If we could get Mintcoin up to $0.01 or even $0.001, I would be really happy.

i would really appreciate mintcoin wallets being anonymous. let it be the online switzerland. they have been making zillions chf just by keeping the accounts safe and anonymous. and mintcoin gives a better interest rate. NSA knows how much money you have in your account so maybe it would be nice if mintcoin worked against it.
I did indeed pledge 1 million MINT for a working windows wallet earlier, for now though, it seems it would be better to contribute to the online wallet initiative. I'll give 1 million MINT for that, so long these conditions are met:

1. The online wallet supports 2FA i.e. Google Authenticator
2. There is a clear link to an exchange (such as Vault of Satoshi) with clear instructions on how to purchase Mintcoin and send it to your 'account'

So in other words, the main page of the online 'Mintbank' provides some basic information on the coin and steps for getting started.

I do pledge 300k also.

Additional requirements :

The site running it shall be secured from being mtgoxed. It would be best if there were audits like the one Kraken made that all the deposits are actually there. On the monthly basis.

Here you go. Now let's find someone to do it.

MintBank
Code:
MbXABW7Vx6NJd5bMUiGs1RxAeaw7DzsPXB

I'll send the mint to your escrow when someone agrees to do it, and the developers give some hints that they are still active on this coin, as others have mentioned just cleaning up the OP would be a start.

maybe we should just stop waiting for the devs to do something. i think they want the community to make stuff on their own. it's fine by me. i won't whine about it. i suggest everyone does the same

@all: what do you think the mintcoin online wallet/bank should feature to be successful?
Activity: 434

Activity: 229
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
I did indeed pledge 1 million MINT for a working windows wallet earlier, for now though, it seems it would be better to contribute to the online wallet initiative. I'll give 1 million MINT for that, so long these conditions are met:

2. There is a clear link to an exchange (such as Vault of Satoshi) with clear instructions on how to purchase Mintcoin and send it to your 'account'

So in other words, the main page of the online 'Mintbank' provides some basic information on the coin and steps for getting started.

I do pledge 300k also.

The site running it shall be secured from being mtgoxed. It would be best if there were audits like the one Kraken made that all the deposits are actually there. On the monthly basis.

MintBank
Code:

I'll send the mint to your escrow when someone agrees to do it, and the developers give some hints that they are still active on this coin, as others have mentioned just cleaning up the OP would be a start.
Activity: 546
You could talk a little bit more about this mintbank when you are ready for sharing details.
If you get me interested, i will also give a million or two.

I do pledge 300k also.

MintBank
Code:

thank you very much. As soon as there are ANY volunteers who start this task i will send my mints to the promised account!! Thank you!

I don't know is this coinbounties site any good?
Activity: 546
I expect something more concrete. Like some big  project.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
When can we expect the big news from dev?

The last "BIG NEWS" was the announcement about the Foundation (yawn).

I wouldn't set my hopes too high.

No - you wouldn't.
Activity: 453

The last "BIG NEWS" was the announcement about the Foundation (yawn).

I wouldn't set my hopes too high.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

Sheesh, I certainly am rooting for "any moment now"!
Jump to: