Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 288. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

Paspi, do you do Android apps on a regular basis?

I was just doing the math, and figured with a 5,000,000 Coin bounty for the Android Wallet, figuring you've probably put in the neighborhood of 40 + hours (probably way too low as it has been months now), you're working for less than $3.00 US an hour.

If that is your going rate, I can throw some work your way.

Let me know.

When he started MINT was much higher.

And you expecting him to work for you for less than $3 per hour is an insult, that's why I deduce you must be a real douchebag.
That's a question we'll never know the answer to.

Well possibly he negotiated a set price when Mint was at a higher price.

I never asked him to work for less than what he is apparently working for based on the numbers.

English is obviously not your first language so I'll forgive you for not understanding.

Having said that, I've been called worse by a lot better than you. Since name calling is usually a last resort for a small mind, I'll not resort to your tactics.

You do know that a lot of work on open source software is done for free, by passionate and committed people, right douchebag??  Tongue

Yes, which is not the case here as he's getting paid, at a rate somewhere less than $3.00 an hour.

Surely from a 700,000,000 pre-mine the developer could ante up some more? After all the stated purpose of the premine was for development, if the Android wallet doesn't fall under the category of development I'm not sure what does.

Who is the developer that has the premine?
That's a question we'll never have the answer to.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I was just doing the math, and figured with a 5,000,000 Coin bounty for the Android Wallet, figuring you've probably put in the neighborhood of 40 + hours (probably way too low as it has been months now), you're working for less than $3.00 US an hour.

Let me know.

And you expecting him to work for you for less than $3 per hour is an insult, that's why I deduce you must be a real douchebag.

I never asked him to work for less than what he is apparently working for based on the numbers.

English is obviously not your first language so I'll forgive you for not understanding.

Having said that, I've been called worse by a lot better than you. Since name calling is usually a last resort for a small mind, I'll not resort to your tactics.

You do know that a lot of work on open source software is done for free, by passionate and committed people, right douchebag??  Tongue

Yes, which is not the case here as he's getting paid, at a rate somewhere less than $3.00 an hour.

Surely from a 700,000,000 pre-mine the developer could ante up some more? After all the stated purpose of the premine was for development, if the Android wallet doesn't fall under the category of development I'm not sure what does.

Who is the developer that has the premine?
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
i dont have much but once i see the app working on my phone ill send 25,000 coins to paspi. if it runs good, safe and fast ill send more

Let me know.

Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

Let me know.

Let me know.

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Let me know.

Activity: 307
Merit: 252
A bank? Am I reading these posts correctly?

Think you might all want to read the current interview with a former COO of Skype and understand why doing anything that requires us to engage the current fiat infrastructure is like the kiss of death to ALL cryptos.

The whole idea is to decentralize - not centralize.

You're going backwards.

We need to move forwards.

It's just an online wallet we are talking about. For mintcoin beginners and new investors. Because the start can be a bit complicated for the average user. It is centralized but there are a lot of people like you believing in decentralization that can still use the mintcoin wallet. I chose the word bank to emphasize the interest rate aspect. I hope you understand.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
zjz_lgd
Android wallet is great and I like it very much!
there are some good new from mintcoin, but the price if still damn low.What does mintcoin happen?We like this coin and we know the team is working hard.
I hope your guys effort will pump the price!
Good luck, and let's work hard! Cool
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Nice work Paspi. True Mintcoin enthusiasts understand why you put in work. Thanks very much! Wink

As I mentioned in previous posts, his persistence and commitment is the only reason it has gone this far. It certainly can't be the 5,000,000 Mintcoin compensation (from 700,000,000 pre-mine).

But as I mentioned, and am totally serious, if this is his going rate, I can throw work his way from me and someone else.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Nice work Paspi. True Mintcoin enthusiasts understand why you put in work. Thanks very much! Wink
Yeah, the app looks nice, good job!
Activity: 210

Android wallet update 7:

Yup! There are some remaining issues and rough edges to fix before a release, but the first native POS wallet is now working on an android phone, receiving and sending transactions.

Blockchain:
http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MkgjPqmUqsYYpy8jS32fxLzSerryFSH3Ta

Android wallet update 6:

Good news!

The following is the first transaction ever received and forwarded by mintcoinj Cheesy

http://mint.blockx.info/get/tx/68fec0ad06a76d1d37de929e14b6ad6d17352b715de4f5bcce648333e9bc4a9c

Let me know.
A bank? Am I reading these posts correctly?

Think you might all want to read the current interview with a former COO of Skype and understand why doing anything that requires us to engage the current fiat infrastructure is like the kiss of death to ALL cryptos.

The whole idea is to decentralize - not centralize.

You're going backwards.

We need to move forwards.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Wow I have been away for a while and I am extremely impressed and excited but what I read in the last few pages  Grin
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I have some android experience (programming), little P2P stuff. If you want a beta tester then I'm up for it (just send me a PM) - (prepared to lose some mint to test it)
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
Great news! Well done!

Go Mint!
Activity: 210
I bought 10k to enter my paper wallet collection I will not use for at least 2 years regardless how the coins turn out. I just wish there was some method to stake coins in paper wallet Sad
Activity: 364
What if we had an awesome idea based on the MintCoin Fund that was supposed to bring awareness of the coin like no other idea before?
Wait...
but we HAVE that!

And this is not a fake announcement! We have already hinted at that several times!
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/437175848912052224
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/443597287798099968

Buy now or regret!

Sounds promising but when do you announce what this big idea is?

When the MintCoin Fund is registered. Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO for a crypto, there's a reason why!

Will be keeping an eye on this thread (again), mintcoin has always been my favorite coin. Thanks again for remaining active even when things get hard. (just bought a few million more Tongue )
Activity: 325
What if we had an awesome idea based on the MintCoin Fund that was supposed to bring awareness of the coin like no other idea before?
Wait...
but we HAVE that!

And this is not a fake announcement! We have already hinted at that several times!
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/437175848912052224
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/443597287798099968

Buy now or regret!

Sounds promising but when do you announce what this big idea is?

When the MintCoin Fund is registered. Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO for a crypto, there's a reason why!
Jump to: