Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 287. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
mintpal could need some more mint buys, they removed the mint/ltc market because of low buy volume. Removing the mint/btc market will harm the coin a lot.. I've added some btc to the buy wall of 4 sat to make it harder to reach 3, also bought everything up to 8 sat on poloniex.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Well, i bought a lot from 4sat now. I have no more btc to spend for it.
Price will largely depend on when the dev will come up with their "big surprise".
I would guess that Paspi´s unique android wallet can move a price a bit as well. It is certainly good for longer term, but i dont think it will have much short term effect.
I have 7 years of trading experience and its my day job, but i often fail on predicting crypto markets, because there are so many unknowns in the game of cryptocurrencies.  Cheesy

The current angle of buy-sell orders graph is irrelevant because lots of them are shadow orders which will be cancelled if price stops moving on one way or another.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
What do you guys think? Will Mintcoin get any cheaper? I am thinking of putting in a buy order for a few million coins at 4 or maybe even 3 sats. Do you think 4 sats will get filled within the next month, or even reach deep into the 3 sats range? I want to buy as much as I can but not be hastly as a 1 satoshi spread from (1/5th) is 20% right there. What do you think the odds are that Mint gets pumped like 100% to over 10 sats soon, I mean if it can break over about 12 sats...there is not much more holding Mintcoin down from rising greatly. Look how the angle tapers off on the order book:

Activity: 453
Truly amazing (/sarcasm) how the same people who were spreading fud in here weeks even months ago suddenly come right back at the sign of some really positive news (android wallet).. You would think people would have something better to do than literally wait and follow a coin's thread for extended periods of time, contributing to it in no way, only so that they can bring negativity back into it at the first sign of good news.

For what, fun?

If you knew how hard I was pushing for an Android Wallet, before anyone else had mentioned it, you might change your tune some. When I was met with this sort of comment:

One last question: why do you (and other) think an Android wallet is so important? I mean, this is not like if you are paying a beer at the local bar with your smartphone, no?
This is a genuine question, I don't understand the need for a smartphone wallet. I might have completely mistaken some thing, so please correct me if that's the case.

I then understood the complete absence of vision and professionalism on behalf of the people running the show behind the scenes.

So don't talk to me about negativity when the real discussion should be about incompetence.
It would definitely lend an air of open, honest, genuine goodwill, and make it a legitimate, invest-able asset to any newcomers.

Bingo.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
If you have no interest in this coin, then why the fuck are you here? I think some people bought in high, decided to sell and now they want to make sure everyone else loses too. Haters.

Anyone who thinks there is a coin out there without a premine is naive. Some developers claim there is no premine, but look at the launches of such coins....instamine anyone? Why would someone make a coin if not to make money? GTFO

The dev of Bitcoin has something like a million Bitcoin sitting in a wallet untouched.
^Exactly this.^

I am seriously baffled by some people's attitude towards what the developer(s) take in regards to a premine.

I, as a dev. decide to launch a coin. I take some arbitrary amount, (as long as it's declared ahead of the launch), and use it for what ever the heck I see fit, and, as long as I haven't stated that I am going to use it specifically (all of it) for development, wtf? And if I did specify that, and I don't live up to it, I've done no worse than about 98% of the other crap out there, so what the hell? It's my coin. I launched it. In my opinion this coin doesn't have this problem... they ARE using it for development. I choose to believe that based upon many factors. You may choose not to. But, they have a right to how much information about development costs they publish, like it or not.

You, as a miner or investor, can choose to participate, or not. Based (hopefully) on investigation and experience, you make a decision. This is your responsibility. It's your time, your money, your electricity.

I, as the developer, do not OWE YOU anything above what was clearly stated in the announcement. You chose to get involved. Bad decision? You made it.

I am not a developer, so I have no special love for them. But I'm a reasonable person who takes responsibility for my actions. As far as I see, there are far too few who do these days. If I "buy in" to a coin, and it does a fiery crash and burn - so what? That means I made a bad decision. Maybe the dev(s) didn't do enough to make the coin a success. Maybe the coin was a bad idea. Maybe it was a copy/paste 5h17c01n. Who knows. It doesn't really matter the cause - the fact is, _I_ made a bad decision. Whining and crying, and bitching and moaning about the premine, is just plain juvenile. I made the decision.
 ...it's the entitlement mindset that really grinds my gears.

All of the above being said, if you are using the premine in a manner that will propel the coin forward - it would be in your own best interest to lay everything out in plain view for all to peruse. It would definitely lend an air of open, honest, genuine goodwill, and make it a legitimate, invest-able asset to any newcomers. This is just good sense, and I agree that this should be done.

Edit:

Oh, and paspi... great work on the android wallet!!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
If you have no interest in this coin, then why the fuck are you here? I think some people bought in high, decided to sell and now they want to make sure everyone else loses too. Haters.

Anyone who thinks there is a coin out there without a premine is naive. Some developers claim there is no premine, but look at the launches of such coins....instamine anyone? Why would someone make a coin if not to make money? GTFO

The dev of Bitcoin has something like a million Bitcoin sitting in a wallet untouched.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Truly amazing (/sarcasm) how the same people who were spreading fud in here weeks even months ago suddenly come right back at the sign of some really positive news (android wallet).. You would think people would have something better to do than literally wait and follow a coin's thread for extended periods of time, contributing to it in no way, only so that they can bring negativity back into it at the first sign of good news.

For what, fun?

But why did it go to 60 satoshis then? Wasn't there the exact same info available?

Pump and dump baby.

Look back on the price during the highs and look at the posts on the forums during these periods.

Should give you a good idea who was working with the developers to unload part of the premine.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Info was available and I brought it up day1 when the dev asked me to do thr android wallet for 5 million and I laughed we ended it at that. I guess thats why I never invested.. I dont value this coin more than 3 sats.. anything over is over valued to me and Idid look crazy months ago but look whos talking now..
If the pre mine was not annonymous (the address) and it has been sold or more than half was given away for development only then I can see mint becoming anything of value. Unfortunatley I lump this one with the rest p&d shit coins no offense if you bought it.. anyways one day it may rise so u cam just hold so u cam breakeven.
Activity: 136
But why did it go to 60 satoshis then? Wasn't there the exact same info available?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

Paspi, do you do Android apps on a regular basis?

I was just doing the math, and figured with a 5,000,000 Coin bounty for the Android Wallet, figuring you've probably put in the neighborhood of 40 + hours (probably way too low as it has been months now), you're working for less than $3.00 US an hour.

If that is your going rate, I can throw some work your way.

Let me know.

When he started MINT was much higher.

And you expecting him to work for you for less than $3 per hour is an insult, that's why I deduce you must be a real douchebag.

Well possibly he negotiated a set price when Mint was at a higher price.

I never asked him to work for less than what he is apparently working for based on the numbers.

English is obviously not your first language so I'll forgive you for not understanding.

Having said that, I've been called worse by a lot better than you. Since name calling is usually a last resort for a small mind, I'll not resort to your tactics.

You do know that a lot of work on open source software is done for free, by passionate and committed people, right douchebag??  Tongue

Yes, which is not the case here as he's getting paid, at a rate somewhere less than $3.00 an hour.

Surely from a 700,000,000 pre-mine the developer could ante up some more? After all the stated purpose of the premine was for development, if the Android wallet doesn't fall under the category of development I'm not sure what does.

Community members contributed to the bounty as a show of support - yes, there are people here willing to do that. Maybe you would like it if the developers stop whatever they are doing and provide some exhaustive audit of their expenses for your passing curiosity, but there is more important work to be done in the meantime, and that's what it is, work, for which you are offering nothing in return.

I'm an investor. My money is what I've put in.
The developer has been rewarded to the tune of 700,000,000 Mintcoin. I expect them to do the work. Isn't that why they received the 700,000,000?

I'm sure the community would love to do an audit of the developers accounts and see what's been dumped and see what's been spent on development.

Apologists for the developers. Hilarious.

They all overlook the ridiculous premine and then wonder why is the price crashing? Mint should be higher than it is? Lmao! No coin with such a ridiculous premine that the dev isn't disclosing any info on will succeed. Mint is slowly approaching the bottom which will be 1 sat soon
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Acceptance2 why do you always come back in here- only once there is good news  Roll Eyes- to criticize the coin and the developers? Give it up with the premine, it is being used as it is supposed to be. It is not meant to be spent in the first few months, this coin and the mintcoin fund are long term projects and the developers want to be able to support the projects for the long term.

Also, if you are going to be a critic, at least quote the right numbers (otherwise what you say reeealy looks like FUD). The dev is giving 10 mil from the premine, not 5, and the community has raised over 2mil. When this was raised, Mint was trading above 16 sat.

That being said, I definitely think that paspi deserves more than what he will be getting for his work in terms of up-front dollar value given the current price for Mint. But, he has already said he isn't doing it for the money (very honorable). I imagine he will receive a lot of recognition within the crypto community for his work, and there is plenty of possibility that those 12 mil coins will be worth much, much more one day.
Activity: 229
My first time trying to do an android app. I'm headed for the 10M bounty, but still I'm not doing it for money, it's way too low to mean anything. It's just a hobby and to complete what I had started (probably based on an underestimation, still I'm happy with the knowledge I gained on POS codebase).

You can't create open source projects with paying someone money, paid-to-do projects will turn out crappy, and not maintained, and die. A community needs to create on its own to make good software.
Maybe I should have said that most work is done on the java library, not the android app itself. The java library creates possibilities for all kinds of lighter wallets, not just android. I tried to compile it for android just a few days ago for the first time in my life.

My main payment will come in the form of copyright notices all over old and new POS coins' android wallet codebases, as this is the first proper port of bitcoinj library to POS coin world, it'll be forked and used by many.

Glad you're happy with what you've taken on - and the fact it's been rewarding in a number of ways.
If you pull this off, I'm sure you'll have much more work come your way - hopefully at something approaching market value.

I was just doing the math, and figured with a 5,000,000 Coin bounty for the Android Wallet, figuring you've probably put in the neighborhood of 40 + hours (probably way too low as it has been months now), you're working for less than $3.00 US an hour.

Let me know.

And you expecting him to work for you for less than $3 per hour is an insult, that's why I deduce you must be a real douchebag.

I never asked him to work for less than what he is apparently working for based on the numbers.

English is obviously not your first language so I'll forgive you for not understanding.

Having said that, I've been called worse by a lot better than you. Since name calling is usually a last resort for a small mind, I'll not resort to your tactics.

You do know that a lot of work on open source software is done for free, by passionate and committed people, right douchebag??  Tongue

Yes, which is not the case here as he's getting paid, at a rate somewhere less than $3.00 an hour.

Surely from a 700,000,000 pre-mine the developer could ante up some more? After all the stated purpose of the premine was for development, if the Android wallet doesn't fall under the category of development I'm not sure what does.

Community members contributed to the bounty as a show of support - yes, there are people here willing to do that. Maybe you would like it if the developers stop whatever they are doing and provide some exhaustive audit of their expenses for your passing curiosity, but there is more important work to be done in the meantime, and that's what it is, work, for which you are offering nothing in return.

I'm an investor. My money is what I've put in.
The developer has been rewarded to the tune of 700,000,000 Mintcoin. I expect them to do the work. Isn't that why they received the 700,000,000?

I'm sure the community would love to do an audit of the developers accounts and see what's been dumped and see what's been spent on development.

Apologists for the developers. Hilarious.
Activity: 185
My first time trying to do an android app. I'm headed for the 10M bounty, but still I'm not doing it for money, it's way too low to mean anything. It's just a hobby and to complete what I had started (probably based on an underestimation, still I'm happy with the knowledge I gained on POS codebase).

You can't create open source projects with paying someone money, paid-to-do projects will turn out crappy, and not maintained, and die. A community needs to create on its own to make good software.
Maybe I should have said that most work is done on the java library, not the android app itself. The java library creates possibilities for all kinds of lighter wallets, not just android. I tried to compile it for android just a few days ago for the first time in my life.

My main payment will come in the form of copyright notices all over old and new POS coins' android wallet codebases, as this is the first proper port of bitcoinj library to POS coin world, it'll be forked and used by many.
Activity: 185
Android wallet update 7:

Yup! There are some remaining issues and rough edges to fix before a release, but the first native POS wallet is now working on an android phone, receiving and sending transactions.

Blockchain:
http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MkgjPqmUqsYYpy8jS32fxLzSerryFSH3Ta

Android wallet update 6:

Good news!

The following is the first transaction ever received and forwarded by mintcoinj Cheesy

http://mint.blockx.info/get/tx/68fec0ad06a76d1d37de929e14b6ad6d17352b715de4f5bcce648333e9bc4a9c

Let me know.

Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

Let me know.

Activity: 307
Merit: 252
So fluttercoin devs release a web wallet I have been talking about in the next couple of days. Maybe someone would then port it. It can't be that difficult as mintcoin is just PoS. Mintcoin still has better interest rates. So maybe mintcoin can still compete. I am sure Web wallets are the key for new users.
Jump to: