Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 284. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
When can we expect the big news from dev?
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Hi, can anybody help me with this problem?

My MintCoin wallet got stuck and wouldn't synchronize anymore. So I saved the wallet.dat elsewhere, deleted the whole of Roaming/MintCoin, downloaded the latest client (1.9.1) and let it synchronize completely. Then I dropped wallet.dat back into Roaming/MintCoin, all my transactions are there but it isn't synchronizing again. I tried the RepairWallet command, but the response is {"wallet check passed" : true}.

How do I regain access to my coins?

Maybe you can try to delete everything in the mintcoin/roaming folder again.
Then put the wallet.dat file in correct map before synchronizing with the blockchain.
Activity: 560
Hi, can anybody help me with this problem?

My MintCoin wallet got stuck and wouldn't synchronize anymore. So I saved the wallet.dat elsewhere, deleted the whole of Roaming/MintCoin, downloaded the latest client (1.9.1) and let it synchronize completely. Then I dropped wallet.dat back into Roaming/MintCoin, all my transactions are there but it isn't synchronizing again. I tried the RepairWallet command, but the response is {"wallet check passed" : true}.

How do I regain access to my coins?

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
A bit out of the current coversational path, but I have a PoS question - If I set the affinity of the wallet to a single core, will it effect the minting process, similar to mining with a single core/GPU? I know that minting is quasi-mining, so is it that the more "hash power" the better the chance of minting, or the faster the process occurs? (I know that you eventually get your "interest" anyway - just wondering if there is less chance, or more accurately, less frequent orphans, allowing it to utilize more cores.)
There is a single thread for minting. So it won't matter at all, the other threads (network, UI, etc.) are not cpu intensive.

Regarding its speed (like running that thread on a faster core, or a dedicated core), there is a limited search space for minting. If you have lots and lots of input transactions, you might have your mints faster if it can run faster. But once it exhausts all search space, it won't matter at the end of the day.

Thank you very much for your prompt answer!  Grin

I figured as much (more or less) but I wanted to make sure. Sometimes, it seems to slow my hashrate down a bit, and I wanted to see if setting affinity to one core would help.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
A bit out of the current coversational path, but I have a PoS question - If I set the affinity of the wallet to a single core, will it effect the minting process, similar to mining with a single core/GPU? I know that minting is quasi-mining, so is it that the more "hash power" the better the chance of minting, or the faster the process occurs? (I know that you eventually get your "interest" anyway - just wondering if there is less chance, or more accurately, less frequent orphans, allowing it to utilize more cores.)
There is a single thread for minting. So it won't matter at all, the other threads (network, UI, etc.) are not cpu intensive.

Regarding its speed (like running that thread on a faster core, or a dedicated core), there is a limited search space for minting. If you have lots and lots of input transactions, you might have your mints faster if it can run faster. But once it exhausts all search space, it won't matter at the end of the day.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I did indeed pledge 1 million MINT for a working windows wallet earlier, for now though, it seems it would be better to contribute to the online wallet initiative. I'll give 1 million MINT for that, so long these conditions are met:

1. The online wallet supports 2FA i.e. Google Authenticator
2. There is a clear link to an exchange (such as Vault of Satoshi) with clear instructions on how to purchase Mintcoin and send it to your 'account'

So in other words, the main page of the online 'Mintbank' provides some basic information on the coin and steps for getting started.

I do pledge 300k also.

Additional requirements :

The site running it shall be secured from being mtgoxed. It would be best if there were audits like the one Kraken made that all the deposits are actually there. On the monthly basis.

Here you go. Now let's find someone to do it.

MintBank
Code:
MbXABW7Vx6NJd5bMUiGs1RxAeaw7DzsPXB
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
I like the name and think it's ULTRA brand-able. Wall St is coming into crypto in a huge way and a coin like this one is prime for big investment. Especially if the price is low. Even though Mintcoin is only 4 months old it is now considered an old timer in the crypto world. This will play a roll in it's status among coins when considered by companies as an investment.
The low price of this coin may just be the thing that gets it picked up by a Wall St company.

I think that would be mintcoin holders wet dream, probably for all altcoins. Wall street and big million dollar investors starting to trade bitcoin, btc price rises to $5000. People look for alternatives to trade, mintcoin has this energy saving minting feature those bitcoin miners do use massive amounts of power which damages the earth, etc. Mintcoin trades and investments start on a big wall St scale, it's get massive marketing as the faster and greener bitcoin alternative with interest. Price rises to 2000 sat which at $5000 BTC is $0.1. And the early big investors can sell their 10000000 mintcoins for $1 million.

Hey if that's ever gonna happen buy me a new car (mint): MfW7LewLtRXwbGrE5RjHvu8JmqAFrTnPe3   Tongue

In the meantime mintcoin is awfully close of entering the <2 satoshi which most of the cases, topcoin/leafcoin/microCoin, is a death sentence. I like our dream better..
 Lips sealed

This is the reason i'm holding  Cool
Activity: 364
I like the name and think it's ULTRA brand-able. Wall St is coming into crypto in a huge way and a coin like this one is prime for big investment. Especially if the price is low. Even though Mintcoin is only 4 months old it is now considered an old timer in the crypto world. This will play a roll in it's status among coins when considered by companies as an investment.
The low price of this coin may just be the thing that gets it picked up by a Wall St company.

I think that would be mintcoin holders wet dream, probably for all altcoins. Wall street and big million dollar investors starting to trade bitcoin, btc price rises to $5000. People look for alternatives to trade, mintcoin has this energy saving minting feature those bitcoin miners do use massive amounts of power which damages the earth, etc. Mintcoin trades and investments start on a big wall St scale, it get's massive marketing as the faster and greener bitcoin alternative with interest. Price rises to 2000 sat which at $5000 BTC is $0.1. And the early big investors can sell their 10000000 mintcoins for $1 million.

Hey if that's ever gonna happen buy me a new car (mint): MfW7LewLtRXwbGrE5RjHvu8JmqAFrTnPe3   Tongue

In the meantime mintcoin is awfully close of entering the <2 satoshi which most of the cases, topcoin/leafcoin/microCoin, is a death sentence. I like our dream better..
 Lips sealed
Activity: 182
The OP page needs some clean up. Collecting alot of broken links as outside sources begin to fail in this quickly changing enviroment.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252

Reminders:

Donations, Windows Wallet (obsolete?)
Code:
MnGe4uq2zbVqevCdhP3jrPShVThehpamqc

I did indeed pledge 1 million MINT for a working windows wallet earlier, for now though, it seems it would be better to contribute to the online wallet initiative. I'll give 1 million MINT for that, so long these conditions are met:

2. There is a clear link to an exchange (such as Vault of Satoshi) with clear instructions on how to purchase Mintcoin and send it to your 'account'

So in other words, the main page of the online 'Mintbank' provides some basic information on the coin and steps for getting started.

I do pledge 300k also.

Additional requirements :

The site running it shall be secured from being mtgoxed. It would be best if there were audits like the one Kraken made that all the deposits are actually there. On the monthly basis.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Code:

Windows Phone?

Yes, that was my idea earlier. There isn't even a good windows phone wallet for Bitcoin that I'm aware of.

Windows mobile has about 3.6% market share globally VS Android mobile at about 81%. These are global 3rd quarter 2013 stats.
With scarce resources, it's a no brainer where to allocate them.

That's obvious - The point is that there isn't a single good wallet on Windows Phone for any crypto, not one. Yes there is a clear market leader in Android but iOS is stagnating and may well lose 2nd place to Windows phone, especially in developing markets, while they intentionally are hostile to cryptos on their platform. Nokia make the best phone cameras hands down, the 8.1 update is important and is out soon, no wonder there's a Sony Windows Phone that's supposed to be coming out in July, and another in October. HTC, LG, and Lenovo all have Windows Phone coming out soon too.
Activity: 453
Code:

Windows Phone?

Yes, that was my idea earlier. There isn't even a good windows phone wallet for Bitcoin that I'm aware of.

Windows mobile has about 3.6% market share globally VS Android mobile at about 81%. These are global 3rd quarter 2013 stats.
With scarce resources, it's a no brainer where to allocate them.
Code:

Windows Phone?

Activity: 136
Code:

Windows or Windows Phone?

Reminders:

Code:

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
It's first to do POW/POS is great innovation to stop wasting power.
Not the first PoW/PoS. The first Fast PoW/PoS Smiley Novacoin (on which Mintcoin code is based) was the first scrypt PoW/PoS (and Peercoin the first PoW/PoS).

I like the name and think it's ULTRA brand-able.
This is one of its major features.

Also remember that MintPal is pump and dump haven, even more than Poloniex. And Mintcoin actually MADE Mintpal, since Mintcoin was Mintpal's first success. I was there in the beginning on Mintpal, I can tell you.

What is NGO?
Non governmental organisation. Think Red Cross, Friend of the Earth, Doctor Without Borders, Green Cross (Gorbatchev's environemental NGO)...

Going back to lurking mode until I have something else to announce.
Activity: 169
Activity: 169
Coinkite is a scam pay to play. Cionkite has Fewer merchants than Mintcoin has without a processor. Any merchant would be a fool to purchase coinkite, when Bitpay does over $1 million a day in Bitcoin. Coinkite- Not needed.

How anonymous does a coin need to be? What kind of criminal activity is everyone planning? Anonymity is a flash in the pan hype bubble, and not right for the mainstream. Anonymity-not needed.

Online wallet? Maybe, I don't trust my coin to anyone but me.

What Mintcoin needs is for people to embrace the features it already has and stop being so negative. The last few pages have a bunch of people declaring what Mintcoin needs as if they are cryptoworld dictators. What's worse is that all the ideas are taken from flavor of the week coins that have yet to really show why they are needed.

Let's not forget that Mintcoin fillls a void. It is an energy saving coin that mines itself, thereby lessening the amount of power scarfing miners in the world.

And please don't forget, Mintcoin has only been a currency for 4 months. Also, I think the developer should consider closing this thread and let discussions continue on other sites such as Reddit. Most of these shit posts would have been buried by downvotes.

I agree with most of this (thread should stay open regardless of trolls) I am behind this coin for the long term based upon it's features and innovations. It is also on all exchanges that are important and has many merchants and a following.
It's first to do POW/POS is great innovation to stop wasting power.
Jump to: