Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 291. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
"...an active team edits the crap out of their ANN Thread on a regular basis so information is not outdated for those who are researching the coin. People who currently research Mintcoin as a possible investment are going to find tons of dead links and a dead website. What’s the chance they’ll want to push their BTC into Mintcoin in that condition?"
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Noone knows purpose of something created for decentralized use.. Its just supposed to help in some way. Maybe cryptos will end up used by banks to help international business and thats it... maybe they will end up changing banking altogether. For someone to restrict their vision shows that they are inept and not capable of thinking logically. Maybe they are butthurt because of something in their life but to come on here and flame people for "not knowing what they are talking about" is just classless.

Furthermore he seems to know what other people are ready for or not.. that in itself should render further discussion useless with this entity.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
why aren't exchanges actually minting? is it included in the protocol?  Shocked

of course centralization will be gained by such a bank but i think there are still a lot of people who will still use their own wallets.

the idea is just a centralized web wallet. no lending or selling financial products. 15-20% interest rate annually is already more than any bank can offer.

Exchanges don't mint because it would create a fractional reserve. If everyone wanted to withdraw at once, they couldn't because coins would be reserved for the minting process. This would cause issues.
If you don't know what you are talking about don't reply.

Fractional Reserve banking is when a bank only has to have a fraction of the funds on hand that it is lending. Since an exchange doesn't lend money your claim is ridiculous.

However it is clear that most people aren't ready for cryptos. The point of it is to get away from banks etc, not recreate the mainstream financial system on a small scale.

I will suggest you read up on what it means on Wikipedia or some other resource. This is quite literally exactly what minting does:

I have 1500 coins. I am staking 1000 of them (lending them to the blockchain to be added into a new block). If someone wants to withdraw 1500 coins, they can't because I don't HAVE 1500; I only have 500. I have to wait until the rest are returned from the blockchain/minting process before they can be sent out again.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
This is an awesome update!

How difficult would it be to create a QR scanner app in the design of Mintcoin?
Would be another cross promo avenue... if possible.
What do you mean? Wallet currently has a built-in QR scanner (provided by another application I suppose), and it doesn't have any branding on it -- just a full screen camera view.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
PGP 9CB0902E
Android wallet update 7:

Paspi you're doing awesome work mate,
looking forward to using this as a POS app for my tablet at work
and make transactions even smoother.
(i firmly believe that the price downtrend we are seeing now is just the market accomodating itself to receive your release!)

+1 on this, QR scan would add extra functionality.
Activity: 182
This is an awesome update!

Would be another cross promo avenue... if possible.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
looking good on the android wallet. good luck guys
Activity: 196

Dev let me know if there is any other bounties you would like to add, and ill stay tuned to watch if any get done in the thread.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
As soon as the Android wallet is available, we will organize a big giveaway! Everyone posting a screenshot of their phone along with their address on Twitter, FB or Reddit will receive coins!
Activity: 325
Android wallet update 7:

Yup! There are some remaining issues and rough edges to fix before a release, but the first native POS wallet is now working on an android phone, receiving and sending transactions.

Blockchain:
http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MkgjPqmUqsYYpy8jS32fxLzSerryFSH3Ta

Android wallet update 6:

Good news!

The following is the first transaction ever received and forwarded by mintcoinj Cheesy

http://mint.blockx.info/get/tx/68fec0ad06a76d1d37de929e14b6ad6d17352b715de4f5bcce648333e9bc4a9c

You rock paspi!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Android wallet update 7:

Yup! There are some remaining issues and rough edges to fix before a release, but the first native POS wallet is now working on an android phone, receiving and sending transactions.

Blockchain:

[screens]

Android wallet update 6:

Good news!

The following is the first transaction ever received and forwarded by mintcoinj Cheesy

http://mint.blockx.info/get/tx/68fec0ad06a76d1d37de929e14b6ad6d17352b715de4f5bcce648333e9bc4a9c

Been off the radar for a while, but this looks very promising paspi !! Cheesy
Activity: 574
Activity: 185
Android wallet update 7:

Blockchain:

Android wallet update 6:

Good news!

Activity: 453
why aren't exchanges actually minting? is it included in the protocol?  Shocked

of course centralization will be gained by such a bank but i think there are still a lot of people who will still use their own wallets.

the idea is just a centralized web wallet. no lending or selling financial products. 15-20% interest rate annually is already more than any bank can offer.

Exchanges don't mint because it would create a fractional reserve. If everyone wanted to withdraw at once, they couldn't because coins would be reserved for the minting process. This would cause issues.
If you don't know what you are talking don't reply.

Fractional Reserve banking is when a bank only has to have a fraction of the funds on hand that it is lending. Since an exchange doesn't lend money your claim is ridiculous.

However it is clear that most people aren't ready for cryptos. The point of it is to get away from banks etc, not recreate the mainstream financial system on a small scale.

+ 1
Activity: 364
why aren't exchanges actually minting? is it included in the protocol?  Shocked

If you don't know what you are talking about don't reply.

Activity: 229
guys the bank idea was received positively on reddit. there are already people promising bounties.

I pledge 300k for such a site. Maybe others are interested too and a big bounty can be organized?! Who also wants to contribute?

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/26mawr/mintcoin_online_bank_discussion/

maybe a word from more techy guys/dev whether this can be accomplished? or if the protocol is preventing such a thing?

Why not discuss this on http://www.mintcointalk.com/
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
guys the bank idea was received positively on reddit. there are already people promising bounties.

I pledge 300k for such a site. Maybe others are interested too and a big bounty can be organized?! Who also wants to contribute?

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/26mawr/mintcoin_online_bank_discussion/

maybe a word from more techy guys/dev whether this can be accomplished? or if the protocol is preventing such a thing?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
So much for all those vendors most links are broken lol guess it was the dev who wanted to prop price up to sell his premine.

If the community pulls together they can revive the coin though. Look at GRW (it's still making its way up but it lost its developer and someone else took over recently).
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
So much for all those vendors most links are broken lol guess it was the dev who wanted to prop price up to sell his premine.
Activity: 504
Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live
Jump to: