Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 292. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
why is mintcoin down to 5? did i miss something

Don't worry, this is normal,
One day it will come back!
 Smiley

I'm a long time investor and this is not normal. Mint and many other good coins with great communities are dying. Its all about the coin of the day and the quick buck. The merits and real world usage of a coin are no longer valid reasons to buy.

Hype is driving the marketplace now. Mint needs to find an angle like "drksend" or, something else that will create interest. I don't know who the devs are or if they are competent enough to push Mint along with new features.

Mint needs a big announcement soon.

Don't say this or people will get upset with you for not believing in the coin!

(And on a serious note, I've been saying this for many days now and always get blasted because I'm wrong)

Sometimes the truth hurts.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Smiley

I'm a long time investor and this is not normal. Mint and many other good coins with great communities are dying. Its all about the coin of the day and the quick buck. The merits and real world usage of a coin are no longer valid reasons to buy.

Hype is driving the marketplace now. Mint needs to find an angle like "drksend" or, something else that will create interest. I don't know who the devs are or if they are competent enough to push Mint along with new features.

Don't say this or people will get upset with you for not believing in the coin!

(And on a serious note, I've been saying this for many days now and always get blasted because I'm wrong)
legendary
Activity: 1090

Smiley

legendary
why aren't exchanges actually minting? is it included in the protocol?  Shocked

of course centralization will be gained by such a bank but i think there are still a lot of people who will still use their own wallets.

the idea is just a centralized web wallet. no lending or selling financial products. 15-20% interest rate annually is already more than any bank can offer.

Exchanges don't mint because it would create a fractional reserve. If everyone wanted to withdraw at once, they couldn't because coins would be reserved for the minting process. This would cause issues.

it's the only reason? what do you mean by reserved for minting?
in the wallet the coins are available for transaction. except for when they're being staked. but they are not staked for long and then become available for transactions. i don't think that this causes much problems. worst case you get a message "you're coins are being staked right now, wait x min before you can make a transaction". or am i wrong?

I'm really not entirely sure. I figured it has to deal with the minting process because why else wouldn't they? It uses negligible CPU usage. The only real alternative I can think of is that they DO mint, but don't pay out those coins to their users.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0

Smiley
Activity: 28
3 months ago this coin was 40 satoshi now it's almost 4, who knows if it dies or get back to 40.

Now, the market environment by unknown factors. But on the coin market will one day broke out!
 Smiley
Activity: 28
people need to stop selling there POS interest, just hold it for a while 

Yes, if people keep panic selling this coin, its price will fall!
 Smiley
Activity: 868
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Also remember there have been malleability issues with POS coins on exchanges so I think they lock their wallets to explicitly prevent minting.

We need to get the price of mint out of the doldrums ASAP folks...
Activity: 307
Merit: 252

of course centralization will be gained by such a bank but i think there are still a lot of people who will still use their own wallets.

the idea is just a centralized web wallet. no lending or selling financial products. 15-20% interest rate annually is already more than any bank can offer.

Exchanges don't mint because it would create a fractional reserve. If everyone wanted to withdraw at once, they couldn't because coins would be reserved for the minting process. This would cause issues.

it's the only reason? what do you mean by reserved for minting?
in the wallet the coins are available for transaction. except for when they're being staked. but they are not staked for long and then become available for transactions. i don't think that this causes much problems. worst case you get a message "you're coins are being staked right now, wait x min before you can make a transaction". or am i wrong?
legendary

legendary
hey guys, what about a MINTCOIN ONLINE BANK?

a simple site where you can login with an email and a password (possible anonymously using Tor). There you have your own Mintcoin account where you can send money to or withdraw money.

behind all this is a person/dev/institution/fund with a huge wallet running 24/7. they can charge you a bit for running the Bank but you will still get your annual interest.

advantages:

- simple for average users
- don't worry about your wallet not minting, wrong wallet, slow wallet or energy costs
- accessable via any PC, smartphone, tablet (also the apple products)
- anonymous

disadvantages:

- you have to trust the organisation/people running the bank
- network security (i still think a lot of people would run their own wallets)

I hope some people are interested in discussing this suggestion. I would give a LOT of my Mints as a bounty if this is really developed. I think it's even better than the android wallet.

Cheers

The problem with a bank is that it promotes centralization, however small that is. It's like a permanent exchange, and that's not necessarily a good thing.

Also, would the bank be able to lend out and pay out interest, or would it just be a web wallet?
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

a simple site where you can login with an email and a password (possible anonymously using Tor). There you have your own Mintcoin account where you can send money to or withdraw money.

behind all this is a person/dev/institution/fund with a huge wallet running 24/7. they can charge you a bit for running the Bank but you will still get your annual interest.

advantages:

- don't worry about your wallet not minting, wrong wallet, slow wallet or energy costs
- anonymous

disadvantages:

I hope some people are interested in discussing this suggestion. I would give a LOT of my Mints as a bounty if this is really developed. I think it's even better than the android wallet.

Cheers

Well it is an interesting suggestion, this coin does lend itself to that idea, so long as it goes hand in hand with a fiat exchange for mintcoin. If I remember back to when I started with cryptos, I bought my first bitcoins with a cash deposit and they were sent to a blockchain.info wallet. I wouldn't trust another online wallet, but if a Mintcoin online bank looked to emulate their model it could be a big plus for Mintcoin.

advantages:

- anonymous

disadvantages:

Cheers
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
This is my noob analysis:

• Currently there is more supply then demand
  • Demand is down since price is going down for a while
  • Once the price goes up, the demand will follow due to regained thrust/hype/...(this is just how it works)
  • We should get demand up and/or supply down

My advice if you want to support the coin:

Buy (or at least hold on to your coins while they mint)
I am doing whatever I can to buy some more mint!

Nice analysis Smiley
Mining is a good way to support it too
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention
This is my noob analysis:

• Currently there is more supply then demand
  • Demand is down since price is going down for a while
  • Once the price goes up, the demand will follow due to regained thrust/hype/...(this is just how it works)
  • We should get demand up and/or supply down

My advice if you want to support the coin:

Buy (or at least hold on to your coins while they mint)
I am doing whatever I can to buy some more mint!

Activity: 47
Lol finally reality is starting to set in.....

If the speed of spread faster
Maybe will be better
 Smiley
Activity: 47
guys, beside the android wallet is anything going on? any PR campaigns? what is/are the devs up to? any thoughts on adding anonymity features? they seem to be fancy right now.

It should be hard to implement
But it's novel Let a person very curious
Will be handy If we can implement it is very nice
 Grin
Jump to: