Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 340. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Don't feed the troll. mr_random knows about cynosure because he is a longtime reader of BC. Right now, he is not even trying to attack mint, he is just bored because of BC going down and have fun toying with you - and you fall in his traps. Again, the best weapon is also the simplest: don't feed the troll, put him on ignore list (if you positively want to read again what he will say, you can temporily unignore him - it is very easy). And regularly raise the "ignorelist" post so that he doesn't contaminate newbies.

Our energy is too precious for this.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
If this is another account for iconic expert please read back through the threads and you will get a history of the progression of things. If you need more information I can message you . As far as I know everyone in the Mint community has moved on and we have tried often to put things to rest. David has even created a separate thread. I wouldn't even think of posting anything in your thread and I wish you the best in profits or whatever else it is you seek. Sincerely
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Between 2 and 6, various MINT holders (me, gonzoucab, stormia, moderndezign) regularly posted on BC thread to enquire about some things, to try to tone down or to call for more courtesy..

Lol no.

The troll crew you describe tried to spread FUD wherever possible.

Shame on you.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Just bought my first MintCoins! I'm happy!

Welcome aboard! Relax, and enjoy what is bound to be an exciting ride!  Grin
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Just bought my first MintCoins! I'm happy!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Buy pressure is building up again.

Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Need a little help with the wallet.  The conf file specifically.

I know the following commands:

addnode=
connect=

But what is the command to ignore a certain node, reject a bad node, ban a bad node.  something along those lines

I'm talking about the conf file of course.  thanks

I'm connecting to nodes with the following:

"startingheight" : 289351,
"startingheight" : -1,
"startingheight" : 289356,

And I don't want to obviously.
I don't think you have to ban them manually.

If you follow debug.log, you will see that client automatically rejects and bans them for 24 hours once it understands they serve an incorrect chain. Just get the node ip with wrong height from debug console, and search it on debug.log (it should be beside wallet.dat).

When you see starting height there, it just means that, that node is just connected, and your client is trying to understand if they're serving the correct chain or not, it'll find that out after downloading a few blocks, and ban the node.

You should be able to add a line to the .conf file to set a longer ban time though:

Code:
bantime=   Number of seconds to keep misbehaving peers from reconnecting (default: 86400)

Monero Core Team
I had a quick look at greenpay and it looks eerily similar to Stackcoin. That was a big scam with an IPO, and had similar promises of unique features built into a wallet.  Let's wait and see if they deliver on their premise, otherwise I think the release of a minting android wallet is a bigger deal anyway.
Thanks for this information!
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Would be nice to have the multipool integrated into the wallet.
Could you extrapolate on this?

I was having a read of various new ANN's for new coins and I found greenpay https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-ann-gp-greenpay100-posmultipool-integrated-walletescrow-only-ipo-580400 . Their coin is supposedly going to have their multipool attached into the wallet, so you can mine from your wallet, even though it is pure POS. You can mint and mine all in the wallet (no i dont mean solo mining), you link the multipool URL.

i don't wanna sound blackcoin-like but maybe it is possible to integrate this multipool thingy in our wallet BEFORE greenpay goes active? That way we can be at least as good as our competitors. I don't think it is too difficult to implement or is it? The other aspects of greenpay sound exactly as mintcoin. or do they have any special features?

I had a quick look at greenpay and it looks eerily similar to Stackcoin. That was a big scam with an IPO, and had similar promises of unique features built into a wallet.  Let's wait and see if they deliver on their premise, otherwise I think the release of a minting android wallet is a bigger deal anyway.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252

I was having a read of various new ANN's for new coins and I found greenpay https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-ann-gp-greenpay100-posmultipool-integrated-walletescrow-only-ipo-580400 . Their coin is supposedly going to have their multipool attached into the wallet, so you can mine from your wallet, even though it is pure POS. You can mint and mine all in the wallet (no i dont mean solo mining), you link the multipool URL.

i don't wanna sound blackcoin-like but maybe it is possible to integrate this multipool thingy in our wallet BEFORE greenpay goes active? That way we can be at least as good as our competitors. I don't think it is too difficult to implement or is it? The other aspects of greenpay sound exactly as mintcoin. or do they have any special features?
Activity: 185
I don't think you have to ban them manually.

If you follow debug.log, you will see that client automatically rejects and bans them for 24 hours once it understands they serve an incorrect chain. Just get the node ip with wrong height from debug console, and search it on debug.log (it should be beside wallet.dat).

When you see starting height there, it just means that, that node is just connected, and your client is trying to understand if they're serving the correct chain or not, it'll find that out after downloading a few blocks, and ban the node.

Need a little help with the wallet.  The conf file specifically.

I know the following commands:

addnode=
connect=

But what is the command to ignore a certain node, reject a bad node, ban a bad node.  something along those lines

I'm talking about the conf file of course.  thanks

I'm connecting to nodes with the following:

"startingheight" : 289351,
"startingheight" : -1,
"startingheight" : 289356,

And I don't want to obviously.
Activity: 230
I'm asking everyone that reads this post to take a moment out of your day and visit this site. Please don't just read the text, but actually take the time to show your support not only for this great project to reforest these beautiful trees back to the way they were hundreds of years ago, but to also help the Mintcoin Fund get the needed exposure we all want it to.

If you don't have Facebook, or Twitter, set up the lesser of the two evils and open an account with one of them, this way you can actually show your support by accepting the Thunderclap app, even if it's only for a short time.

Thank you for you anticipated support, Mintcoin needs these things to be supported every time people from this community dedicate a part of their lives to not only help the environment but our coin as well.

Click the link, be a part of this project and a part of the Mintcoin community...

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest

Activity: 210

Monero Core Team
Monero Core Team
Hey, yeah something like that would be really nice. As you said, DOGE has some massive subscribers on their subreddit and its doing awesome. Maybe mintcoin should go for that Smiley
So what do the people in the fund think ? David ? Beaverslayer ? Smiley
I am all for it, under one condition: that someone handles it Smiley I won't have time to take care of it, so the person in charge of it will report to me.
Call for candidacy is open!
Activity: 210

I'm sorry but I just joined Twitter so I'm not very familiar

Twitters pretty easy as long as you are able to say it in 140 characters or less...It's also a good way to get wgat you want to say out to a very large group of people all over the world.

Just be careful when ready tweets about pump and dumps, as well as hype about one coin or the other, best to take all that with two grains of salt, not just one.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a try in the next few days. I signed up mainly to help promote our thunderclap

This just in from my Twitter account.

Your most popular Tweets for the week of 25 Apr:

Well done! This Tweet got people excited.    

@BryceWeiner I'd be grateful if you could RT this, it's a real good cause.

thunderclap.it/projects/10998…

08:50 PM - 23 Apr 14

575 Views    2 Favorites      17 Link Visits     5 Retweets

Wow that's pretty good! I'll have to try it
Activity: 518
Anybody interested in taking over reddit tipbot? Quote from tipbot developer:

talkb1nary 1 point 2 days ago
Hi there, i am the guy operating the bot. Yes its still active, and yes it dies sometimes. I get an email usually if this happens and react as fast as possible. Mostly people wont even notice it, sometimes it was down for a few hours.
I dont have the time i wanted to to spread the word, but i am happy if you guys do Smiley Also if someone feels that he could do it better, by doing more advertisment and whatever i would be ok with giving the bot out to a motivated user.
Inb4 it wont bring you money Wink

The tipbot works, but it would be best if one of our community could fine tune it. In the meantime, feel free to throw some Mint around reddit users  Wink

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/23ft4y/is_our_tipbot_still_working/

I think reddit should be a top priority. With that being said, the tip pot is probably the best option to promote the coin to the entire crypto community there.
I think that mint needs some one to that, well lets say professionally, i mean some one that really knows how reddit works and that can really well push the right buttons there.
If there is some one that would like to do that i would be ready to give a nice donation, i guess if this person is doing a GREAT job, there will be more people that will like to donate.
Well this were my 2 satoshi on this matter Smiley

I think that's a good idea. I would throw some mint at the proposal. We need someone with a lot of "Karma"...a long time Reddit user to start tipping some Mint.

Of course, this doesn't mean people can't tip on their own. Doge community tips like crazy and they have over 75000 subscribers on their subreddit  Shocked Doge was my first crypto purchase because of this. I knew what Dogecoin was before I knew what Bitcoin was, no kidding.  Even if Mint gets to 10000 subscribers I think our low satoshi days would be over.

Hey, yeah something like that would be really nice. As you said, DOGE has some massive subscribers on their subreddit and its doing awesome. Maybe mintcoin should go for that Smiley
So what do the people in the fund think ? David ? Beaverslayer ? Smiley
Activity: 230

Twitters pretty easy as long as you are able to say it in 140 characters or less...It's also a good way to get wgat you want to say out to a very large group of people all over the world.

Just be careful when ready tweets about pump and dumps, as well as hype about one coin or the other, best to take all that with two grains of salt, not just one.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a try in the next few days. I signed up mainly to help promote our thunderclap

This just in from my Twitter account.

Your most popular Tweets for the week of 25 Apr:

Well done! This Tweet got people excited.    

@BryceWeiner I'd be grateful if you could RT this, it's a real good cause.

thunderclap.it/projects/10998…

08:50 PM - 23 Apr 14

575 Views    2 Favorites      17 Link Visits     5 Retweets

Jump to: