Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 344. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
still having lots of out-of-sync moments, even with the latest version and the fixes in this thread (delete config, delete cache, reinstall in other folder (with other data directory)). Hurts my minting..
It's only a display issue, it won't affect your minting. If when you hover your mouse over it, it says "last generated block time is 1-2 minutes ago", then you don't have to do anything to fix it, you're already synced.

Client doesn't try to sync with a rogue peer when it finds out peer's chain is invalid (also bans the peer's IP for 24 hours). Just the displayed number of left blocks is not updated after the peer is banned.
Activity: 182
still having lots of out-of-sync moments, even with the latest version and the fixes in this thread (delete config, delete cache, reinstall in other folder (with other data directory)). Hurts my minting..
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Yes, that's a bargain at this moment Smiley
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
yess, it took me since last friday to convert some fiat into btc but after all i managed to buy again some fresh mints at 11 sat!!
Activity: 210
Buying cheap mints Smiley
I would be mining too but my miner broke for the second time and i dont know if i can afford fixing it again..Sad
I guess i have to let my mints do some minting maybe i can fix it with the profit Smiley
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Multipool launched!!

I'm happy to announce, that http://hashco.ws has now launched its 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool. Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.
Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose. We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc. Freenode / #hashcows Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now. MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.
For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC
Happy Mining

MORE MINERS NEEDED!!

Alright, I'll point a couple of my machines at your pool and see how I go for a few days. I didn't like the idea of multipools at first, but until merged mining takes hold this is probably the way to go.
Activity: 210
Multipool launched!!

I'm happy to announce, that http://hashco.ws has now launched its 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool. Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.
Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose. We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc. Freenode / #hashcows Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now. MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.
For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC
Happy Mining

MORE MINERS NEEDED!!

Activity: 230
As we all know there are people working on the Android wallet for Mintcoin and the Developer as well as some from the community have stepped up and pledged bounties for this wallet development. We now have a wallet that will be used to hold and administer those bounties. The Developer will be depositing the bounties he has offered and we are requesting that the others please deposit the Mintcoins they have pledged as well.

Should any of the features that you pledged Mintcoin to not be implemented into the wallet, those coins will be returned to you.

Bounties Offered from Developer:

Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets            5,000,000 Mintcoins
    PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,500,000 Mintcoins
    Battery Management Feature                              1,500,000 Mintcoins

Here's the community donations so far:

stormia donated 209,721 Mintcoins (125,000 for basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature 25,000 for Battery Feature)
    Jeff Jefferson donated 300,000  Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 50,000 for Battery Feature)
    moderndezigns donated 250,000 Mintcoins (150,000 or basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature and 50,000 for Battery Feature)
    WALKEN-COIN donated 100,000 Mintcoins towards the basic wallet
    mgburks77 donated 500,000 Mintcoins towards the added features (250,000 for Minting Feature and 250,000 for Battery Feature)
    zuepfi11 donated 300,000 Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 100,000 for Minting Feature 100,000 for Battery Feature)
    guidosuller donated 101,100 Mintcoins (towards the basic wallet)
    luuupooo donated 250,000 Mintcoins (150,000 for basic wallet 100,000 for Minting Feature)
    kopam 500,000 Mintcoins (250,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 100,000 for Battery Feature)

So total bounties so far are:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets             6,085,821 Mintcoins

2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                     4,350,000 Mintcoins

3: Battery Management Feature                                2,075,000 Mintcoins

David Latapie is the administrator of this wallet, so we know it will be in good hands. Thanks again for all the pledges so far, and if you want to add to the bounties, please PM me with the amount as well as to which features you want your bounty to go to, I will then add your name to the list below.

Donation Wallet Address:
MpCuSzv7wRCNsSUsf8nEkvVRN3Z32SQcy3

Here's the link to the post paspi made regarding his progress on the wallet, it is good news indeed.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6316310

Again, thank you all for the generous donations towards the development of the Android wallet.

Please be sure to PM me if you are going to be donating Mintcoins so that I am able
to keep track of who donated what.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
"Make it Rain Mintcoins" Mintcoin Facebook group event.

here is the group www.facebook.com/groups/mintcoin/ send donation to Mot8UB8isZF7pYaNZf58vA7gBaYvuwHaVX it is the group address for the make it rain events..

Does anyone know more about this? Is it legit? (I don't have facebook)

Yes there is a Mintcoin facebook group and I've been talking to the guy that runs it and that's the same address for the make it rain events that he gave.
Activity: 28
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Does anyone know if these paper wallet sites are up to date? They are both still using old logos....

http://coinok.pw/wallet/mint/

http://mintcoin.pw/wallet/

There was a post about it on mintcointalk: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=440.new#new
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
"Make it Rain Mintcoins" Mintcoin Facebook group event.

here is the group www.facebook.com/groups/mintcoin/ send donation to Mot8UB8isZF7pYaNZf58vA7gBaYvuwHaVX it is the group address for the make it rain events..

Does anyone know more about this? Is it legit? (I don't have facebook)
Activity: 51
Hello everybody  Smiley

Havn't got the time lately the read al the things on the mintcoin tread.

I would like to know what projects are been worked on by the community and the devs?

What are the goals that has been set ? What about the application app? The poswallet for android if im not mistaken.

Everyone still happy with mint ? Why didn't we got the multipool ? Doenst worked or something?( I thought I red something about that)

Maye david or somebody else can tell me some things that are going on?

Thank you  Smiley

there is now a mintcoin newsletter! it has info bout new projects and more, Beaverslayer1 made it Smiley
here is the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkr7i4hma654ujx/Mintcoin%20News%20Letter.pdf
Activity: 182
Hello everybody  Smiley

I would like to know what projects are been worked on by the community and the devs?

What are the goals that has been set ? What about the application app? The poswallet for android if im not mistaken.

Everyone still happy with mint ? Why didn't we got the multipool ? Doenst worked or something?( I thought I red something about that)

Thank you  Smiley

1.) The Mintcoin Fund is officially launched

2.) Mintbay.net is up and running (check it out)

3.) We have a multipool, it's hashco.ws you can mine there and get paid in mint
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Activity: 56

Everyone please help support the Mintcoin Thunderclap campaign.  We are already at 25% of our goal after only 1 day!   support https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
Hello everybody  Smiley

Thank you  Smiley

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Something that truly bothers me with crypto (any crypto, bitcoin included) is the poor distribution (Gini index). How to be give mintcoin to people who need them the most, that is, the one who are not in crypto yet?

I am thinking of having an address setup just for that (low price makes it easier to buy it) but there would still be the issue of having it simpler for anyone to download. I think the android wallet is the easiest way to go, much easier than a desktop wallet, I believe.

So once the Android wallet is done, we could start contacting our IRL friend a give them mint? I am wondering if it is difficult to send mintcoins for any new install (it would have to be automated, anyway)? This is the closest I can think of (out of airdrop, which is out of the question) to avoid giving to some who don't need it.

Thoughts?

I agree completely. Would it be possible, when the android wallet is done, to do a give away associated with the wallet? I.e. everybody who downloads and uses the android wallet during a promotional period is given an initial amount of Mintcoins. I don't know how you would prevent exploitation of such a system, though. In the meantime, I have been using the Mintcoin tipping app on facebook to throw around Mintcoin at random people (I've given out about half a million using that app alone).

Just saw this and thought it was pretty interesting.. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lim-limecoin-donation-in-support-of-edgecoin-investors-575094
Limecoin has been giving coins to the people who can verify they were ripped off in the edgecoin IPO scam.
Maybe Mint could do a similar thing to help bring in people who have been otherwise burnt by the cryptocurrency community in one way or another. Introduce people to Mintcoin while hopefully helping change people's outlook on cryptos to a more positive one in general.
Something that truly bothers me with crypto (any crypto, bitcoin included) is the poor distribution (Gini index). How to be give mintcoin to people who need them the most, that is, the one who are not in crypto yet?

I am thinking of having an address setup just for that (low price makes it easier to buy it) but there would still be the issue of having it simpler for anyone to download. I think the android wallet is the easiest way to go, much easier than a desktop wallet, I believe.

So once the Android wallet is done, we could start contacting our IRL friend a give them mint? I am wondering if it is difficult to send mintcoins for any new install (it would have to be automated, anyway)? This is the closest I can think of (out of airdrop, which is out of the question) to avoid giving to some who don't need it.

Thoughts?

I agree completely. Would it be possible, when the android wallet is done, to do a give away associated with the wallet? I.e. everybody who downloads and uses the android wallet during a promotional period is given an initial amount of Mintcoins. I don't know how you would prevent exploitation of such a system, though. In the meantime, I have been using the Mintcoin tipping app on facebook to throw around Mintcoin at random people (I've given out about half a million using that app alone).

Thoughts?

You should really check out http://www.lovecrypto.com , it's a site where you can send a small bundle of crypto-currency to anyone with an email address. Their coins stay in a secure online wallet until the recipient wants to put them in their own wallet or put them straight away to an exchange. It's an easy way to spread crypto currencies by simply giving someone a gift. You can vote for whatever coin you want to see be part of the gift here:http://www.lovecrypto.com/vote

Hope this helps Smiley

Looks like Mintcoin will be added soon Smiley http://www.lovecrypto.com/vote
I think this could be a great way to introduce new people to cryptos.
Jump to: