Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 342. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Edit: Some of the other coin threads creep me out for real. I'm just gonna stick with Mint and our sane community.
You summed it up much better than I could. We have a sane community. Of course one part of this is that the price is low, but I expect the community will remain sane even when the price will rise.

No shout out for Zeitcoin? Community there is great too. Tongue

Although seriously I wonder if that's the real reason why Zeit, ECC, Mint and others has so many sell walls now.

Anyways, I don't feel like reading 700 pages worth of threads. What's the deal with Mint and BC, and now WC? Seriously.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
lol IconicExpert and Wolong should hang out and see who has the biggest inferiority complex.
Activity: 210
Edit: Some of the other coin threads creep me out for real. I'm just gonna stick with Mint and our sane community.
You summed it up much better than I could. We have a sane community. Of course one part of this is that the price is low, but I expect the community will remain sane even when the price will rise.

I really like this community. It's friendly in the same vein as Doge, and we have an important cause that we stand for   http://mintcoinfund.org/

The spirit of this community will grow stronger as the price rises, and I'm looking forward to the days ahead.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I never visited the BC boards before today. I don't often care about the coin war stuff, but when someone is dumb enough to publicly admit to extortion and price manipulation, it's worth reading about, particularly when that person's actions affects the price of my investment, directly or indirectly.

Luckily, with alt-coins being a physical commodity, and commodity markets being regulated, such actions may indeed be punishable legally in the mid to long term. While I wouldn't expect much to be done about it due to lack of regulatory precedent being set at the present time, it could fall under acceptable time limits for a lawsuit in the future when regulatory precedent is in place (people who can prove through admission and transaction ledgers that this person was extorting and manipulating price to lower investors value may be able to sue him).

While all of the above is unlikely, it is very likely such behavior will be spread about the forums and twitter quickly. I cannot imagine it positively affecting price for BC holders, which is too bad for them, because they obviously had nothing to do with that asshole's behavior. The Blackcoin community, if they do not want to be associated with such behavior, will have to basically shun/ostracize people who either behave that way, and or prop-up/support such behavior.

Shame comes slowly for those too ignorant and/or lacking in perspective to know they have done something to be ashamed about. I imagine his actions will not have long-term effects on MINTCOIN, but WILL have long-term effects on his own reputation and self-image.

It is REALLY silly for someone to "hate" one coin or the other because it has similar properties to a coin they own. It is even more ludicrous for someone to attach their ego to the success or failure of a coin. It is even MORE ridiculous for them to act like bankers and expect people to praise them for it in an ALTERNATE CURRENCY COMMUNITY.

At all times, empathy is a better tool than resentment. It is apparent that certain people do not have the ethical or moral principals in place to function civilly and without ugly behavior within the alt-coin community, and I will assume that this is due to past issues in life directly impairing their ability to function in what most people would consider to be civil and fair. I wish there was something the community could do or say to heal those wounds and bring balance back to the Blackcoin community, but that will be up to the community as a whole and those who have rocked the boat.

That being said, MINTCOIN continues to be a very attractive coin, and as adoption of alt-currencies widens, a community of members who DO NOT resort to destabilizing negative behavior and actions will reap the rewards of a positive reputation.

Good job MINTCOIN community for keeping it positive. My condolences to the Blackcoin holders who just wish the Negative Nelly's and criminally minded would just go away, but have to deal with them bringing their coin down anyway.
What a beautiful post, Walken. Thank you.
Monero Core Team
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
I never visited the BC boards before today. I don't often care about the coin war stuff, but when someone is dumb enough to publicly admit to extortion and price manipulation, it's worth reading about, particularly when that person's actions affects the price of my investment, directly or indirectly.

Luckily, with alt-coins being a physical commodity, and commodity markets being regulated, such actions may indeed be punishable legally in the mid to long term. While I wouldn't expect much to be done about it due to lack of regulatory precedent being set at the present time, it could fall under acceptable time limits for a lawsuit in the future when regulatory precedent is in place (people who can prove through admission and transaction ledgers that this person was extorting and manipulating price to lower investors value may be able to sue him).

While all of the above is unlikely, it is very likely such behavior will be spread about the forums and twitter quickly. I cannot imagine it positively affecting price for BC holders, which is too bad for them, because they obviously had nothing to do with that asshole's behavior. The Blackcoin community, if they do not want to be associated with such behavior, will have to basically shun/ostracize people who either behave that way, and or prop-up/support such behavior.

Shame comes slowly for those too ignorant and/or lacking in perspective to know they have done something to be ashamed about. I imagine his actions will not have long-term effects on MINTCOIN, but WILL have long-term effects on his own reputation and self-image.

It is REALLY silly for someone to "hate" one coin or the other because it has similar properties to a coin they own. It is even more ludicrous for someone to attach their ego to the success or failure of a coin. It is even MORE ridiculous for them to act like bankers and expect people to praise them for it in an ALTERNATE CURRENCY COMMUNITY.

At all times, empathy is a better tool than resentment. It is apparent that certain people do not have the ethical or moral principals in place to function civilly and without ugly behavior within the alt-coin community, and I will assume that this is due to past issues in life directly impairing their ability to function in what most people would consider to be civil and fair. I wish there was something the community could do or say to heal those wounds and bring balance back to the Blackcoin community, but that will be up to the community as a whole and those who have rocked the boat.

That being said, MINTCOIN continues to be a very attractive coin, and as adoption of alt-currencies widens, a community of members who DO NOT resort to destabilizing negative behavior and actions will reap the rewards of a positive reputation.

Good job MINTCOIN community for keeping it positive. My condolences to the Blackcoin holders who just wish the Negative Nelly's and criminally minded would just go away, but have to deal with them bringing their coin down anyway.

Activity: 210
I know I shouldn't talk about BC but this is worth mentioning. IE just admitted to purposely driving the price of WC down, and attempting to extort the WC devs to get him to stop. He also alludes to possibly having done the same thing with the price of Mint. I'd just like to say, I am glad this community has never resorted to this type of "business tactic"- which would likely be criminal in the real world- and that it is impressive if this is where Mint stands after having been targeted by this type of market manipulation.

JUST 15 MILLIONS COINS LEFT
IF YOU ARE LATE CACH THE NEXT STOP 2000 SAT

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

Earlier today I was contacted by Slaxt via PM. He said he wanted to discuss something with me and he asked me to keep whatever we discussed private. I agreed and he asked if I would go on Skype because he didn't want to discuss via PM. I kindly declined and told him he can email me if he requires privacy. After some back and forth he claimed he was contracted by the WC dev team to negotiate a "truce". They basically want me to stop driving their sh!t coin into the ground. To make a long story short I told him if he wanted a "truce" the devs will have to give a 3.8 BTC or 500,000 WC peace offering to the BC community. Of course I didn't get a reply and a few minutes later they broke their word and discussed our "negotiations" openly. Now the price is 10,000,000 WC for wasting my time. Let this be a warning to other developers looking to clone BC and blatantly steal from this community. If you blatantly copy BC and our model you will either have to donate to this community or I will personally make sure you end up like MintCoin. If you want to create a coin that is perfectly fine, but do not do it at this community expense!!!

A guy who calls himself IconicExpert claims he alone has the power to destroy a coin....imagine that. It looks like Whitecoin set a trap for him, and he fell into it and now he's trying to get ahead of the story.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
YUP  looks like extortion to me
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I was thinking about buying MINT but since it's made a formidable enemy with Blackcoin I'm not too sure it's a good investment if it's going to keep getting pounded?

Go ahead and advertise the fact that the BC community representative is purposely pushing the price of other coins down in the name of BC. Yep, keep reminding people that other coins are artificially low priced while BC is artificially high priced ("black shield" is just large stake holders putting up huge fake buy walls to keep the price above where the market wants to go naturally). These facts will not help BC, and it will only help the other coins. The Mint and BC feud is old news, BC is going around making plenty of new "enemies" maybe you should focus on them. Nobody else wants "enemies" here, what is this?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
I was thinking about buying MINT but since it's made a formidable enemy with Blackcoin I'm not too sure it's a good investment if it's going to keep getting pounded?
Monero Core Team
I am questionning Iconic's sanity. Did hunger for money made him that mad? Or the feeling of falling from his pedestal?
Even BC holders ridicule him
I for long thought Iconic was just a sincere albeit overzealous community manager (I assume good faith with people). Now I am considering some darker things. Consider this

There are MILLIONS of dollars at risk here, and I am not in the habit of losing money for fun.

If (I repeat IF) this is true, this mean we have truly dangerous people in front of us. I always considered Iconic was sincere just overzealous. Now my position is changing. I think this person has gone crazy because of money. I am seriously questionning either his sanity or his honesty.

See where hunger for money can lead. I don't like to use the word "mafia", but well...

Back on track: I believe Iconic will have a lot of work to do with BC going down, WC soon ending its PoW period and CINNI being at least partially created by the "traitor" rat4. This plus its scheme against MINT being seemingly exposed, Mint could go better in the future. I know some whales are interested in massively buying mint for long term. Plus, as stormia said:
and that it is impressive if this is where Mint stands after having been targeted by this type of market manipulation.
And
Overall, this is a good sign for Mint. It means that Mint is currently artificially underpriced!
I know I shouldn't talk about BC but this is worth mentioning. IE just admitted to purposely driving the price of WC down, and attempting to extort the WC devs to get him to stop. He also alludes to possibly having done the same thing with the price of Mint. I'd just like to say, I am glad this community has never resorted to this type of "business tactic"- which would likely be criminal in the real world- and that it is impressive if this is where Mint stands after having been targeted by this type of market manipulation.

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

Earlier today I was contacted by Slaxt via PM. He said he wanted to discuss something with me and he asked me to keep whatever we discussed private. I agreed and he asked if I would go on Skype because he didn't want to discuss via PM. I kindly declined and told him he can email me if he requires privacy. After some back and forth he claimed he was contracted by the WC dev team to negotiate a "truce". They basically want me to stop driving their sh!t coin into the ground. To make a long story short I told him if he wanted a "truce" the devs will have to give a 3.8 BTC or 500,000 WC peace offering to the BC community. Of course I didn't get a reply and a few minutes later they broke their word and discussed our "negotiations" openly. Now the price is 10,000,000 WC for wasting my time. Let this be a warning to other developers looking to clone BC and blatantly steal from this community. If you blatantly copy BC and our model you will either have to donate to this community or I will personally make sure you end up like MintCoin. If you want to create a coin that is perfectly fine, but do not do it at this community expense!!!

Yup, looks like he is admitting to purposely driving the price of Mint down. He says Mint "died" on its own, but that he keeps having to come back to "roll over it" and make sure it stays dead... I didn't know things could come back alive after they died? Overall, this is a good sign for Mint. It means that Mint is currently artificially underpriced!

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

So you are admitting to attempting to extort the WC devs, you are admitting to purposely pushing the price down of another coin and running an extortion racket? Are you also admitting that you are personally responsible for pushing down the price of MintCoin in an attempt to destroy it? Wow. I am speechless. This is what it has come to in cryptos?

Yes to everything but Mint...Mint died on its own I just like keep rolling over it now and then to make sure it is dead. There are a lot of people who worked hard to get BC to where it is. I do not care about devs launching new coins, I am sure I will invest in another innovative coin one day. However, the WC devs started a "war" they couldn't fight. First they copied our model and blatantly called their coin "WhiteCoin". Then to add insult to injury they started spamming this thread with WC propaganda. So yes I made it my personal mission to destroy WC, and yes I did tell the devs they need to pay this community a royalty for their actions. And for the record I bought more cheap WC earlier this morning when it was around 800 sat. I will patiently wait again and push it down some more until they get the message. Don't f..k with BlackCoin..period..

Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

Shocked

LOL

What a tool. Sucks to be him.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

Undecided Jeez...  Angry

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

Activity: 230
do you guys know whether someone is working on a light weight wallet? like there are those for doge e.g.

I tried to contact the developer of the Multi-Doge wallet and this is what I got back..

The following message to <[email protected]> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 'DNS Soft Error looking up multidoge.org (MX) while asking recursive_nameserver0.parent. Error was: unable to reach nameserver on any valid IP'

I'm sure someone here would be able to hunbt someone down that would be able to do this.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
http://www.lovecrypto.com/vote
http://mintbay.net/
http://mintcoinfund.org/

Time to buy some more MINTs at this great price! Smiley

Yessirreee! Just scooped me up another 1.1+ Million! My wallet is getting happier and happier!!  Grin
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
do you guys know whether someone is working on a light weight wallet? like there are those for doge e.g.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
VOTE FOR MINTCOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
Jump to: