Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 341. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

I'm sorry but I just joined Twitter so I'm not very familiar

Twitters pretty easy as long as you are able to say it in 140 characters or less...It's also a good way to get wgat you want to say out to a very large group of people all over the world.

Just be careful when ready tweets about pump and dumps, as well as hype about one coin or the other, best to take all that with two grains of salt, not just one.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Is there anyway we can get this post stickied on reddit by a mod? It is the Thunderclap link to to the Sonoma County Reforestation

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/23ohw0/sonoma_county_thunderclap_campaign_is_now_active/

Also maybe is there a way to link the Thunderclap campaign on the Mintcoin Fund website?
Hey everybody. I seem to have a problem with my wallet. I upgraded to the latest version (1.Cool and when I opened it, I saw that I zero coins. I have 350k mintcoins and I don't know what happened to them. Anyone know the solution to this? Thank you very much.
Which version did you upgrade from, 1.6 or 1.7? First backup your wallet.dat just in case.

Please open debug console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console), and run "checkwallet" to see what it returns. It may be related to that if your previous wallet was on a wrong fork. If it reports missing/extra coins, you can run "repairwallet" there and it will resync your wallet with the downloaded blockchain.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.8. I'm back to 1.5 again because i was hoping that I'd get my coins back if I returned to the old version. I ran "checkwallet" and got this response: {
"wallet check passed" : true
}. Kinda sucks that I lost all my coins for some unknown reason >.<

1.5 and 1.6 are following a wrong chain. 1.7 update was mandatory.

Now, you have a few options;

If you received your coins while on 1.5 ; the transaction should be confirmed on both chains. So your coins should still be available. To be sure you can check your address with the block explorer. But; if the person that sent you the coins was also on the wrong chain, and his transaction contained invalid coins, then that transaction was not included in the main chain, because the main chain would reject it as it is invalid in the first place. You should contact your payer, and request he updates his client, and pays you again. Because the coins were not sent in the first place (Even if he's using old client that follows a wrong chain; when he switches to the new version, he will see that the transaction was not accepted and his coins are still in his wallet)

If your received coins are there, but your minted coins are lost : This is normal as your client announced the transactions to the wrong chain. But your coinage is not lost in this case (because your stake was just denied, nothing changes in your accounts). Just wait until it creates coinstake again, and you will receive the same amount.

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

It really sounds like your wallet.dat file got deleted or overwritten.  You did back up before you upgraded your wallet right? I sure hope so.... BACKUP ALWAYS!!!
Restore the backed up wallet.dat to C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\MintCoin\

If you don't have the same address it means that the wallet.dat file is not the same one you sent the coins to. IMHO.

That's exactly what happened. Once I upgraded to 1.8 my previous wallet.dat file was overwritten for some reason. Right before I upgraded I had my coins... I have no idea what could have caused this. I've upgraded before and this never happened. I didn't back up my wallet, unfortunately. That's my fault.

sorry to hear about this. whats your Mintcoin address?

Yes, I as well am sorry to hear about this. Last night someone from who knows where just uped and sent me 4000 Mintcoins, PM me your wallet address and i will add those Mint to some more I have and send them to you to get you going again. It's kind of frowned on to post wallet addresses in posts on Bitcointalk, so a PM is best.

OK I didn't know this so Ditto
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Hey everybody. I seem to have a problem with my wallet. I upgraded to the latest version (1.Cool and when I opened it, I saw that I zero coins. I have 350k mintcoins and I don't know what happened to them. Anyone know the solution to this? Thank you very much.
Which version did you upgrade from, 1.6 or 1.7? First backup your wallet.dat just in case.

Please open debug console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console), and run "checkwallet" to see what it returns. It may be related to that if your previous wallet was on a wrong fork. If it reports missing/extra coins, you can run "repairwallet" there and it will resync your wallet with the downloaded blockchain.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.8. I'm back to 1.5 again because i was hoping that I'd get my coins back if I returned to the old version. I ran "checkwallet" and got this response: {

If you received your coins while on 1.5 ; the transaction should be confirmed on both chains. So your coins should still be available. To be sure you can check your address with the block explorer. But; if the person that sent you the coins was also on the wrong chain, and his transaction contained invalid coins, then that transaction was not included in the main chain, because the main chain would reject it as it is invalid in the first place. You should contact your payer, and request he updates his client, and pays you again. Because the coins were not sent in the first place (Even if he's using old client that follows a wrong chain; when he switches to the new version, he will see that the transaction was not accepted and his coins are still in his wallet)

If your received coins are there, but your minted coins are lost : This is normal as your client announced the transactions to the wrong chain. But your coinage is not lost in this case (because your stake was just denied, nothing changes in your accounts). Just wait until it creates coinstake again, and you will receive the same amount.

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

It really sounds like your wallet.dat file got deleted or overwritten.  You did back up before you upgraded your wallet right? I sure hope so.... BACKUP ALWAYS!!!
Restore the backed up wallet.dat to C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\MintCoin\

If you don't have the same address it means that the wallet.dat file is not the same one you sent the coins to. IMHO.

That's exactly what happened. Once I upgraded to 1.8 my previous wallet.dat file was overwritten for some reason. Right before I upgraded I had my coins... I have no idea what could have caused this. I've upgraded before and this never happened. I didn't back up my wallet, unfortunately. That's my fault.

Yes, I as well am sorry to hear about this. Last night someone from who knows where just uped and sent me 4000 Mintcoins, PM me your wallet address and i will add those Mint to some more I have and send them to you to get you going again. It's kind of frowned on to post wallet addresses in posts on Bitcointalk, so a PM is best.

Please help support the Redwood Reforest thunderclap. This will help get information out to the public about some of The Mintcoin Funds short and log term goals

+1

I agree. I believe Mintcoin could really be marketed very very well if we as a community focus our marketing efforts on the environmental aspect. We need to build Mintcoin's image around being the most energy efficient, green crypto, committed to environmental sustainability and pure humanitarian efforts. All Mintcoin marketing should focus on building the ambiance of environmental sustainability. - If Mintcoin does this, it will draw in the huge crowds of newcomers for the various environmental interests.

I agree with you on this

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
DON'T FORGET TO JOIN THE THUNDERCLAP CAMPAIGN!

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest
Posted on: Today at 12

Please help support the Redwood Reforest thunderclap. This will help get information out to the public about some of The Mintcoin Funds short and log term goals

+1

I agree. I believe Mintcoin could really be marketed very very well if we as a community focus our marketing efforts on the environmental aspect. We need to build Mintcoin's image around being the most energy efficient, green crypto, committed to environmental sustainability and pure humanitarian efforts. All Mintcoin marketing should focus on building the ambiance of environmental sustainability. - If Mintcoin does this, it will draw in the huge crowds of newcomers for the various environmental interests.
Activity: 22

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

Anyways, I don't feel like reading 700 pages worth of threads. What's the deal with Mint and BC, and now WC? Seriously.
To make it short (and possible not completely accurate):

1. IconicExpert was an MINT holder
2. He became the BC CM. The more it went, the harsher he was against MINT, for no apparent reason (but he was not the only one).
3. The more BC grew in price, the more incontrollable he was (first exclamation marks, then bold, this caps, then huge caps, the red huge caps).
4. WC came in. First reaction was disdain
5. Then BC started to fall down.
6. Now that the mirage of money (1 BC = 1 Lamborghini) started to disappear, the community started to regain some kind of critical thinking
7. He was trapped in his role and is complex of superiority?
8. Then CINI came in and rat4 (BC's original developper) helped CINI. I would not be surprised if IconicExpert resents about rat4 being a "traitor"

Between 2 and 6, various MINT holders (me, gonzoucab, stormia, moderndezign) regularly posted on BC thread to enquire about some things, to try to tone down or to call for more courtesy.. and also to defend ourselves against BC trolls (some of them havng recently flip-floped, by the way). And today stormia hit the jackpot: IE boasted about manipulating MINT prices.

Correct me if I'm wrong in this summary.

IconicExpert is not the BC CM in any official capacity. Soepkip is the CM. IconicExpert is simply a very vocal supporter of BlackCoin. Also, Rat4 is a great developer and has helped two PoS coins (Mint and Cinni) for free. Rat is a really cool guy! Carry on Smiley

ya.. sure keep up with the Propaganda maybe someone will believe it
Activity: 364
pffft those guys aren't "elite" nor do they have any power  Cool

they are a bunch of kids who think they are James Bond and shit
it was only a matter of time until that crashed and burned.
Activity: 336
CS Student - BC Logo Guy
Anyways, I don't feel like reading 700 pages worth of threads. What's the deal with Mint and BC, and now WC? Seriously.

2. He became the BC CM. The more it went, the harsher he was against MINT, for no apparent reason (but he was not the only one).
3. The more BC grew in price, the more incontrollable he was (first exclamation marks, then bold, this caps, then huge caps, the red huge caps).
6. Now that the mirage of money (1 BC = 1 Lamborghini) started to disappear, the community started to regain some kind of critical thinking
8. Then CINI came in and rat4 (BC's original developper) helped CINI. I would not be surprised if IconicExpert resents about rat4 being a "traitor"

Between 2 and 6, various MINT holders (me, gonzoucab, stormia, moderndezign) regularly posted on BC thread to enquire about some things, to try to tone down or to call for more courtesy.. and also to defend ourselves against BC trolls (some of them havng recently flip-floped, by the way). And today stormia hit the jackpot: IE boasted about manipulating MINT prices.

IconicExpert is not the BC CM in any official capacity. Soepkip is the CM. IconicExpert is simply a very vocal supporter of BlackCoin. Also, Rat4 is a great developer and has helped two PoS coins (Mint and Cinni) for free. Rat is a really cool guy! Carry on Smiley
Activity: 319

Seems like even in the crypto world, elites are already starting to appear, and they be fighting each other because ego, because testosterone, because greed.

This is the sort of madness that pervades the highest levels of power, but it's unfortunately a "bug" of human nature that can never truly be "patched" in the long term. But what ALSO makes us human is that if we become aware of such tendencies and problems, then we can go counter to our natural tendencies, given the will, strength and knowledge. Even so, our consciousness is but a tiny flashlight and in a very huge dark room that is our subconscious and human tendencies, and sometimes even that all-powerful light of humanity is not that bright.

Yup.. that's about the jist of it
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

1. IconicExpert was an MINT holder.
3. The more BC grew in price, the more incontrollable he was (first exclamation marks, then bold, then caps, then huge caps, the red huge caps).
4. WC came in. First reaction was disdain.
6. Now that the mirage of money (1 BC = 1 Lamborghini) started to disappear, the community started to regain some kind of critical thinking.
7. He was trapped in his role (and his complex of superiority)?
8. Then CINNI came in and rat4 (BC's original developper) helped CINNI. I would not be surprised if IconicExpert resents about rat4 being a "traitor".

Jump to: