Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 355. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
As we all know there are people working on the Android wallet for Mintcoin and the Developer as well as some from the community have stepped up and pledged bounties for this wallet development. We now have a wallet that will be used to hold and administer those bounties. The Developer will be depositing the bounties he has offered and we are requesting that the others please deposit the Mintcoins they have pledged as well.

Should any of the features that you pledged Mintcoin to not be implemented into the wallet, those coins will be returned to you.

David Latapie is the administrator of this wallet, so we know it will be in good hands. Thanks again for all the pledges so far, and if you want to add to the bounties, please PM me with the amount as well as to which features you want your bounty to go to, I will then add your name to the list below.

Bounties Offered from Developer:

Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets            5,000,000 Mintcoins
    PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,500,000 Mintcoins
    Battery Management Feature                              1,500,000 Mintcoins

Here's the community donations so far:

• stormia donated 200,000 Mintcoins (125,000 for basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature 25,000 for Battery Feature)
    Jeff Jefferson donated 300,000  Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 50,000 for Battery Feature)
    moderndezigns donated 250,000 Mintcoins (150,000 or basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature and 50,000 for Battery Feature)
    WALKEN-COIN donated 100,000 Mintcoins towards the basic wallet
    mgburks77 donated 500,000 Mintcoins towards the added features (250,000 for Minting Feature and 250,000 for Battery Feature)
    zuepfi11 donated 300,000 Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 100,000 for Minting Feature 100,000 for Battery Feature)

So total bounties so far are:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,575,000 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    4,100,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,975,000 Mintcoins

Donation Wallet Address:
MpCuSzv7wRCNsSUsf8nEkvVRN3Z32SQcy3
Activity: 185
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Regarding the Earth Day campaign for mintcoin: this is Sunday, please go around and take photos of either beautiful or polluted places. We will publish pictures on Earth Day.

Here is a template for the pictures for the Earth Day. I am not a graphic designer and I only have Gimp and Google Docs, so this is just to give you an idea of how it will look like - the picture is from stock archives, not mine and the text id made up - again this is just an example, but I encourage you to take a real picture and a real testimonial.
Remember: you just have to take a picture and possibly a one-liner. The rest will be handled by the web team.

I used the demotivators as the source (I just copied this one because it was the largest on Google image)

http://i58.tinypic.com/2vvuonl.jpg

(Source you can copy or edit)

If people didn't see this please participate

and where should we send you the pictures to?

Yes a good question..  Please contact David and he will let you know
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hey, small way to get people more confident is to vote mintcoin on this silly little poll on this forum.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Regarding the Earth Day campaign for mintcoin: this is Sunday, please go around and take photos of either beautiful or polluted places. We will publish pictures on Earth Day.

Here is a template for the pictures for the Earth Day. I am not a graphic designer and I only have Gimp and Google Docs, so this is just to give you an idea of how it will look like - the picture is from stock archives, not mine and the text id made up - again this is just an example, but I encourage you to take a real picture and a real testimonial.
Remember: you just have to take a picture and possibly a one-liner. The rest will be handled by the web team.

I used the demotivators as the source (I just copied this one because it was the largest on Google image)

and where should we send you the pictures to?

http://i58.tinypic.com/2vvuonl.jpg

guys, how about everyone just contacts his/her favourite blog, music artist, clothing store to start accepting mintcoins? I mean for all the blogs out there that don't get no payment at all a little bit of mintcoin might be really nice. what do you think? it is just a mintcoin adress and a small wallet.

Yes that's a great idea. I believe David is looking for people to join a marketing team so if you're interested please contact him. You don't have to put in a bunch of work just a collaboration of ideas and working together is a great help
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
guys, how about everyone just contacts his/her favourite blog, music artist, clothing store to start accepting mintcoins? I mean for all the blogs out there that don't get no payment at all a little bit of mintcoin might be really nice. what do you think? it is just a mintcoin adress and a small wallet.
Bitscoinshop is now accepting MintCoin, buy clothes, shoes, glasses, perfumes and phones at http://bitscoinshop.com.br/en/

Great News! It's always good to see new Merchants on board
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Mint coin has been a huge flop, too many coins I think. It's down 80% from its peak value. I have a couple hundred mint just for fun, but not even worth keeping the wallet open.

Um... (nope, can't think of anything.)

Many members of this community have their Mintcoin addys in their sig - I would suggest that donating your "worthless" Mint to one of them, or to the Mintcoin fund @ MsKZ6xRSPJAVVJ7m1oZfNqVcpJ9MyvRzha would ease your mind.  Wink
If you send me 100 Bitcoin I will send you 100 Mint coin.
Me first, me first!
If you send me 100 Bitcoins, I will send you 100 MILLIONS Mintcoins

I obliterated your offer, turtlehurricane  Grin

If you send me 100 btc, I will obliterate the sell walls on mintpal, and send you everything I bought! (Minus a modest 2% broker fee)  Grin
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Bitscoinshop is now accepting MintCoin, buy clothes, shoes, glasses, perfumes and phones at http://bitscoinshop.com.br/en/
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Mint coin has been a huge flop, too many coins I think. It's down 80% from its peak value. I have a couple hundred mint just for fun, but not even worth keeping the wallet open.

Many members of this community have their Mintcoin addys in their sig - I would suggest that donating your "worthless" Mint to one of them, or to the Mintcoin fund @ MsKZ6xRSPJAVVJ7m1oZfNqVcpJ9MyvRzha would ease your mind.  Wink
If you send me 100 Bitcoin I will send you 100 Mint coin.
Me first, me first!
If you send me 100 Bitcoins, I will send you 100 MILLIONS Mintcoins

I obliterated your offer, turtlehurricane  Grin
Monero Core Team
Following a discussion with zmija on IRC (#mintcoin on freenode) and also following several previous posters talking about this, I got an idea for marketing:

"Are you getting tired of adrenaline rushes when prices go up and down? You don't find this exciting, you find this stressful? You prefer to participate to a cause instead of being glued to your screen for some satoshi?
Today it is EarthDay. Today it is MintcoinDay. Slow, steady, sustainable"

Opinions?

I like that. I sold all of my "other PoS alt" 5 days ago, got out with a profit and bought MINT for them.
Well, honestly it was affecting my sleep with all the ups and downs.
I really don't mind having MINT staying at 14-17 sat, since I can get my gain by minting new coins.
Yes, the same thing for me. When the very first thing that comes to your mind when you wake is 'what the price of my coin is now?", you know there is a problem. I don't want coins to dictate my life. There is a reason why traders don't last more than 5 years and the ones who last that long call each others "survivors".

I created a magnet file for mintcoin's blockchain. A magnet is basically a torrent file, without the file Smiley Open up your bitorrent client, chose "open URL", paste the link (it may even be pre-pasted - at least with Transmission it is) and voilà! you should have the blockchain. I added instructions too (yes, I used 7Z because I strongly believe zip should be dead for a decade now and that in order to have zip out, we must stop proposing 7-zip archives, plus it the 7z archive is 10% smaller, at 260 Mb instead of 290Mb).

Blockchain torrent:
Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4a6c6d7915fa212c09f9d39524bbaa7c046efda9&dn=mintcoin-blockchain-easter-2014.7z
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
But u did made a profit with others didn't u, and now with that profit u'll buy mintcoin :-), i bet in the end u felt good doing that, but stressful with all those ups and downs right. Like David Latapie said slow and stady, but not staying at the deadlock.

I have a background in mining. I have been mining since December 2012, I build an FPGA miner rigs out of a bunch Xilinx ML605 and got my first bitcoins.
I took it offline when the ASIC hit the marked and took a break from bitcoin (since I was busy with other things).
In the fall I got back in and was part of some ASIC miner GB. I build a scrypt miner in December (still running).

But bottom line, I am almost out of all my mining projects (expect my scrypt miner which I think I will take offline within a month or two and one Titan GB). Therefore I invested in PoS, since the margin in mining are getting too narrow for armatures. PoS is a bit like mining, you slowly see your miner harvesting coins, I realized long time ago that I am not a daytrader and will never be good at that.

Edit: I am still consider myself a miner Smiley
Activity: 676
Following a discussion with zmija on IRC (#mintcoin on freenode) and also following several previous posters talking about this, I got an idea for marketing:

"Are you getting tired of adrenaline rushes when prices go up and down? You don't find this exciting, you find this stressful? You prefer to participate to a cause instead of being glued to your screen for some satoshi?

Opinions?

I like that. I sold all of my "other PoS alt" 5 days ago, got out with a profit and bought MINT for them.
I really don't mind having MINT staying at 14-17 sat, since I can get my gain by minting new coins.
But u did made a profit with others didn't u, and now with that profit u'll buy mintcoin :-), i bet in the end u felt good doing that, but stressful with all those ups and downs right. Like David Latapie said slow and stady, but not staying at the deadlock.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all

Opinions?

Monero Core Team

Opinions?
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to stop by for a minute today and wish everyone in this great community a Happy Easter, and say that I hope you all have a wonderful day with your friends and families....

Have a GREAT day
Have a great Easter day everyone.

Thanks guys I hope you have a wonderful holiday as well!
Activity: 165
Just sold my entire blackcoin and whitecoin for Mintcoin
TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
Good move, there is definitely quite a potential for grow for mintcoin. But I'd prefer mintcoin doesn't go to the moon - we all know what happens to coin going to the moon.
Slow and steady is the way of sustainable development.

Unless the coin is forgotten and just dies as everyone leaves.
Jump to: