Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 352. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
i was thinking about the upcoming mintcoin foundation and the android wallet. what do you guys think of the following idea.

as soon as the foundation and the android wallet are up and running we select a known organization a lot of Mintcoin members would like to donate some coins to like e.g. PETA or WWF or something else. Instead of asking them whether they want to accept Mintcoin for the donation we already collect some donations worth maybe couple of hundreds of euros. Then an official Mintcoin donation letter/email to Peta/WWF/? "Hey guys, our foundation likes your work. We already have couple of millions Mintcoins waiting for you. all you have to do is tell us your Mintcoin wallet address. It would be nice if you could also post this address at your site so other people could donate it directly to you. You get the address by downloading this official Mintcoin app at the Play store. Any android device is sufficient. As soon as you receive the money you can of course directly convert it to USD/EUR and so on. Or you just keep it for a while and watch it getting more and more according to our protocol". Then something like, hey please answer within 1-2 months otherwise we donate that money to another organization.

I think that might be a nice incentive for them to accept Mintcoin as a way for a donation.

As always I'm curious what you guys think about it.

P.S. mr. beaverslayer, i've just donated my promised 300k to the bounty address above. please update! Roll Eyes

I think this is a great idea! I think WWF would be the best bet and would love to help support some of the same causes. I think they are pretty forward thinking as well so may implement it

I also like this idea, except for the PETA part. I'm not a big fan of them as they are pretty radical at times, whereas WWF is by far the better organization in my opinion.

I agree with beaverslayer on this
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
i was thinking about the upcoming mintcoin foundation and the android wallet. what do you guys think of the following idea.

as soon as the foundation and the android wallet are up and running we select a known organization a lot of Mintcoin members would like to donate some coins to like e.g. PETA or WWF or something else. Instead of asking them whether they want to accept Mintcoin for the donation we already collect some donations worth maybe couple of hundreds of euros. Then an official Mintcoin donation letter/email to Peta/WWF/? "Hey guys, our foundation likes your work. We already have couple of millions Mintcoins waiting for you. all you have to do is tell us your Mintcoin wallet address. It would be nice if you could also post this address at your site so other people could donate it directly to you. You get the address by downloading this official Mintcoin app at the Play store. Any android device is sufficient. As soon as you receive the money you can of course directly convert it to USD/EUR and so on. Or you just keep it for a while and watch it getting more and more according to our protocol". Then something like, hey please answer within 1-2 months otherwise we donate that money to another organization.

I think that might be a nice incentive for them to accept Mintcoin as a way for a donation.

P.S. mr. beaverslayer, i've just donated my promised 300k to the bounty address above. please update! Roll Eyes

I think this is a great idea! I think WWF would be the best bet and would love to help support some of the same causes. I think they are pretty forward thinking as well so may implement it

I also like this idea, except for the PETA part. I'm not a big fan of them as they are pretty radical at times, whereas WWF is by far the better organization in my opinion.

Thank you kind Sir, it is very much appreciated and i will update asap.

Mintcoin Earthday Thunderclap Campaign

I was wondering if there is any interest in supporting a Mintcoin Earthday Thunderclap campaign?  I'm willing to donate a Million Mintcoins toward making it happen or about .13 btc . Anyone else interested in this?

I can donate 200,000 Mint. I would donate 400,000 Mint but I donated 200,000+ to the coinkite thingy and since I donated it straight from Mintpal, I'm pretty sure when it was refunded Mintpal was given 200,000+ Mint instead of me Undecided

haha yes I figured the same thing happened to me when Beaverslayer sent me that message. Mitcoin donated some mint to Mintpal. Thanks for the donation hopefully we can get this done!

I think the same thing happened with the Mint I sent from my Twitter Tip Bot account. Lesson learned here people, always send from your own wallet just to be on the safe side. Mintpal even combined the withdrawals of Mintcoin sent to the Android wallet address of two separate peoples accounts, something that should never have been done.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
OK guys and girls.

I just made few fixes and compiled windows wallet for us as well. Its version is set to 1.8.1, so you can tell the difference from 1.8.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fodu0f7y7w2uopl/Mintcoin%201.8.1.zip

New wallet properly sorts all transactions by date as a default. It used to sort them by status. That is why orphan blocks always appeared on top.
New wallet has option to go to Mintcoin homepage under Help menu. Now you can quickly reach Mintcoin FAQ  Cheesy .
Locking and unlocking moved to under settings menu. Unlocking for minting only not working yet. I will sort it out when i get more time.
This wallet also has latest git pull merges from others.

Cheers!

Awesome! Thank you, Kergekoin!
Activity: 307
Merit: 252

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
OK guys and girls.

I just made few fixes and compiled windows wallet for us as well. Its version is set to 1.8.1, so you can tell the difference from 1.8.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fodu0f7y7w2uopl/Mintcoin%201.8.1.zip

New wallet properly sorts all transactions by date as a default. It used to sort them by status. That is why orphan blocks always appeared on top.
New wallet has option to go to Mintcoin homepage under Help menu. Now you can quickly reach Mintcoin FAQ  Cheesy .
Locking and unlocking moved to under settings menu. Unlocking for minting only not working yet. I will sort it out when i get more time.
This wallet also has latest git pull merges from others.

Cheers!

I was wondering if there is any interest in supporting a Mintcoin Earthday Thunderclap campaign?  I'm willing to donate a Million Mintcoins toward making it happen or about .13 btc . Anyone else interested in this?

I can donate 200,000 Mint. I would donate 400,000 Mint but I donated 200,000+ to the coinkite thingy and since I donated it straight from Mintpal, I'm pretty sure when it was refunded Mintpal was given 200,000+ Mint instead of me Undecided

haha yes I figured the same thing happened to me when Beaverslayer sent me that message. Mitcoin donated some mint to Mintpal. Thanks for the donation hopefully we can get this done!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

If anyone has any other marketing ideas I'm open to hearing those ideas as well!

Activity: 182
What is it?

That is what Doug, myself, and others have been talking about. It seems to be caused by some users that still have not updated their wallet. Hopefully as more people update this will go away. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems other than annoyance/worry at the moment. You are not alone.
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
I know that this has been discussed, but about the orphan blocks in the wallet display - I don't mind at all that they are listed... what I do mind, is that they are always listed as the "most recent transactions" on the main window of the gui. If they would just be removed from there, and take their proper place chronologically, allowing the actual "most recent transactions" to appear in the main window, that would be great!

As you can see, orphans from 4/6 to 4/11 appear in the main list, while I have many transactions that are more recent:

Doug, I have had the same issue and I asked about it previously. I was told to try "repairwallet" which I did, but it didn't find/fix any issues and I still see the orphan blocks at the top. Kind of frustrating. I had the same issue with the HBN wallet but repairwallet fixed that one.

Yeah... "repairwallet" does nada

{
"wallet check passed" : true
}

Have you tried "salvagewallet" yet?
Result:

Again, it's just an "annoyance". My wallet is otherwise fine.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
I know that this has been discussed, but about the orphan blocks in the wallet display - I don't mind at all that they are listed... what I do mind, is that they are always listed as the "most recent transactions" on the main window of the gui. If they would just be removed from there, and take their proper place chronologically, allowing the actual "most recent transactions" to appear in the main window, that would be great!

As you can see, orphans from 4/6 to 4/11 appear in the main list, while I have many transactions that are more recent:

Doug, I have had the same issue and I asked about it previously. I was told to try "repairwallet" which I did, but it didn't find/fix any issues and I still see the orphan blocks at the top. Kind of frustrating. I had the same issue with the HBN wallet but repairwallet fixed that one.

{
}

Have you tried "salvagewallet" yet?
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

{
}

Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
I didn't chip in for this one because I don't have an Android phone, what I can pledge though is 1 million mint for a Windows phone wallet. People rage about iOS and their stonewalling but no-one ever considers Windows phone!
dragonseer, could you maintain the list of pledgers the way beaverslayer does it for Android Wallet?
I just created the donation address for a Windows Wallet. Please anyone, don't send money before anyone steps in to for actually doing a Windows wallet.
Hence this address below is for information only.

Windows wallet donation address:
Code:
MnGe4uq2zbVqevCdhP3jrPShVThehpamqc
Pledge list:
- dragonseer: 1,000,000 MINT

Sure... I'll bring the matter up again after the Android wallet launches, and will add anyone else (Nokia fans?) to the list in the meantime.

I had been thinking the same things about a windows wallet, there are so many of them out there now it just seems like a natural addition to the types of wallets needed. I think Mintcoin would also be first at having a windows mobile wallet. I also though about a Blackberry wallet, as Asia/India areas are real big on Blackberry, but they just announced the other day that they are most likely going to be getting out of the phone business and concentrating their resources on their Enterprise Server and such.

Thanks for stepping up on this dragonseer, it's much appreciated.

You're welcome... I have a Nokia 925 Lumia and it's a terrific phone, and I'm sure a few more people will discover Windows phone when the 8.1 release becomes available. I'm running the developer preview now, it certainly adds some much needed features - but there isn't even a satisfactory mobile wallet for Bitcoin on the platform last time I checked.

It's only natural Android gets top priority, then we'll see if we can keep some momentum going and score a first for an often overlooked platform!
I didn't chip in for this one because I don't have an Android phone, what I can pledge though is 1 million mint for a Windows phone wallet. People rage about iOS and their stonewalling but no-one ever considers Windows phone!
dragonseer, could you maintain the list of pledgers the way beaverslayer does it for Android Wallet?
I just created the donation address for a Windows Wallet. Please anyone, don't send money before anyone steps in to for actually doing a Windows wallet.
Hence this address below is for information only.

Windows wallet donation address:
Code:
MnGe4uq2zbVqevCdhP3jrPShVThehpamqc
Pledge list:
- dragonseer: 1,000,000 MINT

Sure... I'll bring the matter up again after the Android wallet launches, and will add anyone else (Nokia fans?) to the list in the meantime.

I had been thinking the same things about a windows wallet, there are so many of them out there now it just seems like a natural addition to the types of wallets needed. I think Mintcoin would also be first at having a windows mobile wallet. I also though about a Blackberry wallet, as Asia/India areas are real big on Blackberry, but they just announced the other day that they are most likely going to be getting out of the phone business and concentrating their resources on their Enterprise Server and such.

Thanks for stepping up on this dragonseer, it's much appreciated.
Activity: 182

Jump to: