Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 353. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
I didn't chip in for this one because I don't have an Android phone, what I can pledge though is 1 million mint for a Windows phone wallet. People rage about iOS and their stonewalling but no-one ever considers Windows phone!
dragonseer, could you maintain the list of pledgers the way beaverslayer does it for Android Wallet?
I just created the donation address for a Windows Wallet. Please anyone, don't send money before anyone steps in to for actually doing a Windows wallet.
Hence this address below is for information only.

Windows wallet donation address:
Code:
MnGe4uq2zbVqevCdhP3jrPShVThehpamqc
Pledge list:
- dragonseer: 1,000,000 MINT

Sure... I'll bring the matter up again after the Android wallet launches, and will add anyone else (Nokia fans?) to the list in the meantime.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
I know that this has been discussed, but about the orphan blocks in the wallet display - I don't mind at all that they are listed... what I do mind, is that they are always listed as the "most recent transactions" on the main window of the gui. If they would just be removed from there, and take their proper place chronologically, allowing the actual "most recent transactions" to appear in the main window, that would be great!

As you can see, orphans from 4/6 to 4/11 appear in the main list, while I have many transactions that are more recent:

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I didn't chip in for this one because I don't have an Android phone, what I can pledge though is 1 million mint for a Windows phone wallet. People rage about iOS and their stonewalling but no-one ever considers Windows phone!
dragonseer, could you maintain the list of pledgers the way beaverslayer does it for Android Wallet?
I just created the donation address for a Windows Wallet. Please anyone, don't send money before anyone steps in to for actually doing a Windows wallet.
Hence this address below is for information only.

Windows wallet donation address:
Code:
MnGe4uq2zbVqevCdhP3jrPShVThehpamqc
Pledge list:
- dragonseer: 1,000,000 MINT
Updated list of Android wallet bounty donations, If you haven't already sent in your pledge, please do so, this will show everyone the dedication this community has towards this project. You can check the blockchain and see that there is already over 10,000,000 Mintcoins deposited so far.

Bounties Offered from Developer:

Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets            5,000,000 Mintcoins
    PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,500,000 Mintcoins
    Battery Management Feature                              1,500,000 Mintcoins

Here's the community donations so far:

• stormia donated 200,000 Mintcoins (125,000 for basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature 25,000 for Battery Feature)
    Jeff Jefferson donated 300,000  Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 50,000 for Battery Feature)
    moderndezigns donated 250,000 Mintcoins (150,000 or basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature and 50,000 for Battery Feature)
    WALKEN-COIN donated 100,000 Mintcoins towards the basic wallet
    mgburks77 donated 500,000 Mintcoins towards the added features (250,000 for Minting Feature and 250,000 for Battery Feature)
    zuepfi11 donated 300,000 Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 100,000 for Minting Feature 100,000 for Battery Feature)
    guidosullerdonated 101,100 Mintcoins] (towards the basic wallet)

So total bounties so far are:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,676,100 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    4,100,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,975,000 Mintcoins

MpCuSzv7wRCNsSUsf8nEkvVRN3Z32SQcy3

Thanks again everyone for all the generous donations. This is such a GREAT community.

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Updated list of Android wallet bounty donations, If you haven't already sent in your pledge, please do so, this will show everyone the dedication this community has towards this project. You can check the blockchain and see that there is already over 10,000,000 Mintcoins deposited so far.

Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets            5,000,000 Mintcoins
    PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,500,000 Mintcoins
    Battery Management Feature                              1,500,000 Mintcoins

• stormia donated 200,000 Mintcoins (125,000 for basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature 25,000 for Battery Feature)
    Jeff Jefferson donated 300,000  Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 50,000 for Battery Feature)
    moderndezigns donated 250,000 Mintcoins (150,000 or basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature and 50,000 for Battery Feature)
    mgburks77 donated 500,000 Mintcoins towards the added features (250,000 for Minting Feature and 250,000 for Battery Feature)
    zuepfi11 donated 300,000 Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 100,000 for Minting Feature 100,000 for Battery Feature)
    guidosullerdonated 101,100 Mintcoins] (towards the basic wallet)

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,676,100 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    4,100,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,975,000 Mintcoins

Thanks again everyone for all the generous donations. This is such a GREAT community.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
guys, i just saw something.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-food-cycler-home#home
it can recycle food and that will become scrap. they raised fund but fail
i think the things like this is not less
we could make a web for them to fund, its good for mint and fund raiser, because they will get fund from all over the world!
Great idea!
Tomorrow announcement could be a step in that direction Smiley We'll need someone to take of this, though. Will either of you (or both) be interested in taking the lead?
sorry david, i have a busy live, i just have few free hours in one day, but i love mint, if you remember, i mentioned the cooperation with doge for charity.

i always have many ideas, i would like to share all to you guys, and ive said "we have a lot brains" we are all smart! lets think more reasonable ideas!

i hope i will see a mint economy system runing, and that need time to develop, that is totally different with blackcoin
Activity: 156
Guido

Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets            5,000,000 Mintcoins
    PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,500,000 Mintcoins
    Battery Management Feature                              1,500,000 Mintcoins

Jeff Jefferson donated 300,000  Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 50,000 for Battery Feature)

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,575,000 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    4,100,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,975,000 Mintcoins

Should I go ahead and send my donation to that address?

Yes if you wouldn't mind stormia, the Developer will be depositing his bounties as well, not sure exactly when but I suspect within a day or so.

Thanks again for your generous donation.

sended 101100.900000
Monero Core Team
we could make a web for them to fund, its good for mint and fund raiser, because they will get fund from all over the world!
Great idea!
Tomorrow announcement could be a step in that direction Smiley We'll need someone to take of this, though. Will either of you (or both) be interested in taking the lead?
Activity: 12
Monero Core Team
Just wanted to make a note here that I have been moving some of my coin wallets off of windows lately, and so far, the Mintcoin wallet for linux is the only wallet I've looked at that doesn't need to be compiled... I just unzipped and double clicked the download on Linux mint and that was it! Great job!
Glad to read it Smiley Also, if you did not copy the blockchain  from your windows install, you can download the torrent of the Easter blockchain here : magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4a6c6d7915fa212c09f9d39524bbaa7c046efda9&dn=mintcoin-blockchain-easter-2014.7z (you need a torrent software to get it). It should make the syncing faster.
Just wanted to make a note here that I have been moving some of my coin wallets off of windows lately, and so far, the Mintcoin wallet for linux is the only wallet I've looked at that doesn't need to be compiled... I just unzipped and double clicked the download on Linux mint and that was it! Great job!
Activity: 56
I also voted on both sites
Monero Core Team
I'm uploading 9 photographs to the drive-folder atm. Feel free to use them for promotion or whatever, as long as you keep my watermark in the left corner untouched. /CK
Thanks lecristoph! Any caption text you are thinking about?

Edit: they are gorgeous! Could someone make something better than my poorly-designed template? They deserve a much better template!
Activity: 59
Regarding the Earth Day campaign for mintcoin: this is Sunday, please go around and take photos of either beautiful or polluted places. We will publish pictures on Earth Day.

Here is a template for the pictures for the Earth Day. I am not a graphic designer and I only have Gimp and Google Docs, so this is just to give you an idea of how it will look like - the picture is from stock archives, not mine and the text id made up - again this is just an example, but I encourage you to take a real picture and a real testimonial.
Remember: you just have to take a picture and possibly a one-liner. The rest will be handled by the web team.

I used the demotivators as the source (I just copied this one because it was the largest on Google image). You can send yours on (and a text file with your sentence if you feel inspired) to this link: picture_earthday

(Source you can copy or edit)
I'm uploading some photographs to the drive-folder atm. Feel free to use them for promotion or whatever, as long as you keep my watermark in the left corner untouched. /CK
Activity: 11
Looks very interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Monero Core Team
Just to make sure. MpCuSzv7wRCNsSUsf8nEkvVRN3Z32SQcy3 - this is the address for donations towards the android wallet right ?
Would like to send 200k, also is this the best place to donate them or should i send them to the mintcoin foundation fund ?
Yest, this is the correct address. I sent Beaverslayer the list of received amounts and he will update his next post accordingly.
Activity: 182
In other news, I noticed that my wallet is doing that "trying to synch ~10k blocks when I don't really need to sync" issue a lot less lately, so that is definitely an improvement. Have most users finally come around and updated, or was something else done to remedy this?
Monero Core Team
and where should we send you the pictures to?
Here pictures_earthday. I will update the post accordingly. Please moderndezigns, update yur post according too (just click on "quote" on this message)
Activity: 185
It's just a display issue -- actually wallet doesn't try to sync when it sees that the other party is trying to feed it invalid blocks. Just it forgets to update the displayed text.

The patch is already in github, it'll be released with next release

Already posted this on reddit but for more exposure i'm putting it in here too, maybe someone regnonice the problem / bug i'm describing here ?

topic : Wallet shows sync while its actually up to date

When can we exspect a fix for the wallet (1.eight) trying to sync to a mucher higher estimated total blocks due to users still connecting to nodes prior wallet 1.7 ?
And the wallet therefore trying to sync while its perfectly up to date ?

Its starting to annoy me and now the android wallet is getting near completion we really dont need this bug trying to sync when its not necessary. Would only drain battery i think..

There was some talk about cutting off the nodes that caused this ?

qwizzie

EDIT : see also this post http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/22l02m/wallet_keeps_jumping_in_and_out_of_synchronizing/

EDIT 2 : suspect its either node ''addnode=144.76.220.169'' causing the problem (this specific node is mentioned in both MintCoin.conf 1.6 and MintCoin.conf 1.eight) or its a hardcoded node.

EDIT 3 : tried removing node 144.76.220.169 and the wallet keeps trying to catch up to block 277838 which we are not even near to... after 5 minutes it jumps back to 268828
and is fully synced again.. this repeat itself at unregular times and also for longer times too.

Jump to: