Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 350. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look at the order depth on mintpal. Ya'll would do a lot better if you removed all of those sell orders and instead collected compound interest at 20% for the first year.

All those sell orders are forcing the market down down down. You can't dump so you may as well mint. We'll never get anywhere like this. Its killing MINT.

Yeah we seriously need to get people to take down some of those massive sell orders. Who the fuck is selling at 12-13 sat I mean seriously people come on. You are just chasing each other down to poverty. It's a lose-lose situation.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Look at the order depth on mintpal. Ya'll would do a lot better if you removed all of those sell orders and instead collected compound interest at 20% for the first year.

All those sell orders are forcing the market down down down. You can't dump so you may as well mint. We'll never get anywhere like this. Its killing MINT.
Activity: 230
Is it nearing completion or not?

From what I gather from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6316310 it is nearing completion, but we should wait until paspi can comment to know an ETA for it.

I do know he has put in a lot of time and effort so far, and is making sure that it's not just some fast thing thrown together and not secure or working right.
Is it nearing completion or not?
So what is the story with the Android wallet? When will it be fully functional and released to the public?

i think paspi is really into it. check his latest update. better release a solid product than rush the things.

guys i don't remember: is it possible to not release it completely open source? those blackcoin guys will copy it within a week if it's any good! it wouldn't be fair!!! any ideas?

The wallet bounty from the developer is on the condition that the Android wallet is open source, this goes with the ideals and concepts of the way Satoshi envisioned things. As well as all the QT wallets and such are Open Source, so to use them as templates, you have to keep it open source.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
So what is the story with the Android wallet? When will it be fully functional and released to the public?

i think paspi is really into it. check his latest update. better release a solid product than rush the things.

guys i don't remember: is it possible to not release it completely open source? those blackcoin guys will copy it within a week if it's any good! it wouldn't be fair!!! any ideas?
Okay David, I listed an auction as well - http://mintbay.net/listing/77-sapphire-r7-240-2gb-graphics-card-open-box

If the first two listings work well (so far the site kicks ass) I will list a ton more stuff.

The only drawback I see so far is that for physical items, it would suck to ship something internationally and have to wait 2-4 weeks to get paid because of delivery lead time. So for now I am only allowing US buyers.

For the video cards it doesn't really matter because I am pretty sure R9 290s fall under an export ban so I wouldn't ship those out of the US anyways - but I have a lot of other items I could list on here that would be fine.

*EDIT* One other thing, can you please add support for attaching images to listings? Having to upload to some third party free image host site and crosslink is a bit of a negative.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
This is far from the only announcement for today! We are also releasing mintbay.net, an auction platform à la ebay which accepts mintcoin as a currency. Also worthy of note is mintwoot.com, this time for buying products.

David, thanks for the update. I will try to sell one of my R9 290s on there just as soon as I can figure out exactly how to set up an auction.
Thanks dogechose. unek is the one in charge of mintbay. The first auctions will receive free mintcoin (I guess unek will post something about it)

Regardind mintcoinfund: we have to take care of focusing content on sustainable development. It would be rather difficult to simply explain that using mintcoin is better for the environment than using good ol' USD or EUR. So, most news on mintcoinfund must be directly related to environmental project. That being said, some mentions on new mintcoin-based services are worth mentionning. For instance, I'd like we contact every merchant who has accepted mintcoin as a currency to have a five-liner about its activity. But this would require contacting them (by starting with a template mail). Who's in?
Regarding that R9 290, just send it to me and save all the work you'll have to do...lol

If you want to make me an offer I'm all ears lol.

In the meantime, I have created my first listing. I listed an R7 240 to try the site out before I list something a lot more expensive: http://mintbay.net/listing/76-sapphire-r7-240-2gb-graphics-card
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Today is Earth Day. Today is Mintcoin Day.

We are really proud to announce today a series of event to celebrate our common goal toward sustainable developement and environmental awaress.

Today we are releasing the Mintcoin Fund website — mintcoinfund.org. Mintcoin Fund is an initiative for setting up, organising and financing sustainable projects. It also gives you the list of almost 50 merchants ready to embrace a sustainable cryptocurrency by accepting it as a mean of payment.

The first project nominated by the Mintcoin Fund is the Redwood Reforestation Project (a.k.a. “Sonoma County”). It is a part of the California Forest Improvement Program devoted to reforest California.

This is far from the only announcement for today! We are also releasing mintbay.net, an auction platform à la ebay which accepts mintcoin as a currency. Also worthy of note is mintwoot.com, this time for buying products.

Would you like to know a bit more about mintcoin? Check out the main site, mintcoin.cc (pending a major overhaul soon), and get some mints for free at earncryptocoins.com/mintcoin, or Twitter (@FreeMintCoin). And also get the first Mintcoin's newsletter.

More things to come soon, including one that people expected for a loooong time.

Today it is EarthDay. Today it is MintcoinDay. Steady, sustainable.

Amazing developments! Happy Earth Day! Everybody show their support https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest

David, thanks for the update. I will try to sell one of my R9 290s on there just as soon as I can figure out exactly how to set up an auction.

Regarding that R9 290, just send it to me and save all the work you'll have to do...lol

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Well done. Keep up the good work.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Today is Earth Day. Today is Mintcoin Day.

We are really proud to announce today a series of event to celebrate our common goal toward sustainable developement and environmental awaress.

Today we are releasing the Mintcoin Fund website — mintcoinfund.org. Mintcoin Fund is an initiative for setting up, organising and financing sustainable projects. It also gives you the list of almost 50 merchants ready to embrace a sustainable cryptocurrency by accepting it as a mean of payment.

The first project nominated by the Mintcoin Fund is the Redwood Reforestation Project (a.k.a. “Sonoma County”). It is a part of the California Forest Improvement Program devoted to reforest California.

Would you like to know a bit more about mintcoin? Check out the main site, mintcoin.cc (pending a major overhaul soon), and get some mints for free at earncryptocoins.com/mintcoin, or Twitter (@FreeMintCoin). And also get the first Mintcoin's newsletter.

More things to come soon, including one that people expected for a loooong time.

Today it is EarthDay. Today it is MintcoinDay. Steady and sustainable.
Activity: 210
"mintcoinFund was conceived on 29 April 1961, under the name of World Wildlife Fund"

http://mintcoinfund.org/about/

Huh  This page makes it sound like WWF changed its name to mintcoinFund.  Are there English translation bugs in the website?  Is the text on the website just a placeholder, copied from WWF?  If so, I'm a little worried about copyright and trademark infringement.

It must be a placeholder:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wide_Fund_for_Nature#History

It might be better to replace the History part of the website with the words, "coming soon".

Also, might want to update the information. Site still says mintcoin is a PoW\PoS coin. Sorry to sound so critical, I really appreciate all the efforts going on. The site looks great, just needs some updates. I'm not sure David was ready\planned to unveil it yet.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
"mintcoinFund was conceived on 29 April 1961, under the name of World Wildlife Fund"

Huh  This page makes it sound like WWF changed its name to mintcoinFund.  Are there English translation bugs in the website?  Is the text on the website just a placeholder, copied from WWF?  If so, I'm a little worried about copyright and trademark infringement.

It must be a placeholder:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wide_Fund_for_Nature#History

It might be better to replace the History part of the website with the words, "coming soon".
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

Huh  This page makes it sound like WWF changed its name to mintcoinFund.  Are there English translation bugs in the website?  Is the text on the website just a placeholder, copied from WWF?  If so, I'm a little worried about copyright and trademark infringement.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Jump to: