Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 382. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Just upgrading my wallet to 1.8. I backed up wallet.dat and its currently syncing. I have well over 2million coins but for some reason its only showing I have 990 coins? Backed up, replaced the file too. What the hell is this all about. Seems weird not had this problem before

Until it has completely synced to the network, all your coins wont show up until the block they were mined/minted in has been synced.

Once your wallet is completely synced, all your Mint will be there.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Just upgrading my wallet to 1.8. I backed up wallet.dat and its currently syncing. I have well over 2million coins but for some reason its only showing I have 990 coins? Backed up, replaced the file too. What the hell is this all about. Seems weird not had this problem before

Once you have finished downloading the blockchain it will show the correct amount of coins. Were you upgrading from 1.7 or a previous wallet?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Mintcoin Referral Links.... Ill click yours if you click mine? Smiley   Or the next person down can add theirs, the next person clicks that, adds theirs... so on.  Whatever.... just thought we could keep it friendly...

http://mintcoin.cyanrainbow.com/?id=2070

Good idea  Smiley  here's mine - http://mintcoin.cyanrainbow.com/?id=25

Unless someone didnt do mine, it doesn't appear that you get notification of a referral link being clicked.  So the next person to post their should probably clarify who's link they used just to make sure we dont skip someone down the line when we get a bunch of posts in between referral links.  Or maybe we should start a new thread somewhere?  IDK up to you guys.  Not like we're talking big money here! lol

I just did yours - didn't earlier, because I had already done it before I read your post. Check your balance - I had 2 Mint there, so I guess someone clicked mine.  Smiley

I have another noob question, how often do you need to do the minting, in order to get your interest.
Do you need to have the wallet open and staking all the time, or can you e.g. open it once a week?

You only have to open it every now and again. You can look and see when your oldest coins were deposited into your wallet, add 20 days to that date, and then open your wallet for a few days until it mints.

What is the common practice for minting? What do you guys to, have it open all the time, or just make the minting once in a while.
What if you don't open your wallet for a 1/2 year, will you still get your interest retrospectively?

I open mine every two days or so, mainly because I have been putting Mint into my wallet at irregular intervals so I've given up on keeping track of all of my coinage. I believe, since coinage is built on the blockchain whether or not your wallet is online, you could open your wallet only once a year and still receive 20% interest (as long as you left it open long enough to find enough PoS blocks). The only thing you would miss out on is compounded interest.
I was just wondering; how come has Blackcoin got so much success lately and MINT is still low in price? Does anybody have an opinion about that?

Blackcoin is having exactly the same period which Mintcoin had earlier. In long term view, price of one coin is absolutely irrelevant factor. Price stability is the most important one.
Why do you think all merchants are extremely cautious towards bitcoin? Because its volatility.
Good payment instrument must be stable. Until bitcoin stays volatile, it will not get widely used.

+1000. And not just merchants, but consumers too. Who wants to spend their coin on something if the next day its price might jump 20-100+%?

Allright, just got 1.5 mil of MINT @14, seams like a great price Smiley

Welcome aboard Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
I was just wondering; how come has Blackcoin got so much success lately and MINT is still low in price? Does anybody have an opinion about that?

Blackcoin is having exactly the same period which Mintcoin had earlier. In long term view, price of one coin is absolutely irrelevant factor. Price stability is the most important one.
Why do you think all merchants are extremely cautious towards bitcoin? Because its volatility.
Good payment instrument must be stable. Until bitcoin stays volatile, it will not get widely used.

+1000. And not just merchants, but consumers too. Who wants to spend their coin on something if the next day its price might jump 20-100+%?

Allright, just got 1.5 mil of MINT @14, seams like a great price Smiley

Activity: 546

I have another noob question, how often do you need to do the minting, in order to get your interest.
Do you need to have the wallet open and staking all the time, or can you e.g. open it once a week?

You only have to open it every now and again. You can look and see when your oldest coins were deposited into your wallet, add 20 days to that date, and then open your wallet for a few days until it mints.

Get wallet online once per month. Pretty much ideal.
Activity: 56

My opinion on it is this: Blackcoin prices are being manipulated to a very great extent, by an elite group of people who hold large amounts of Blackcoin. They are pumping it extremely well organized and are causing an effect that brings in people because of the hype.

If you look at the trades of BC, you will notice very few are for over 1 BTC, most trades are for on average 0.03 BTC, and every now and again you'll see the odd 2 or 3 BTC jump in and sell. This is very well orchestrated I believe, and once the big bag holders have made huge amounts of profits, you're going to see BC drop like a lead balloon with rocks tied to it.

There is nothing that BC has that can sustain such an increase in price in such a short amount of time. Even the CoinKite thing will not take effect for a few more months.

Yesterday on Twitter, Moolah announced that they would not be implementing BC into their platforms other than the Prelude trading platform. A bunch of BC people started to Tweet about this, so Moolah then said if BC could raise their volume on Prelude to 50BTC then they would implement BC on all of their platforms. Well BC people put the word out, and withing hours they had increased the volume to over 50BTC. Very well orchestrated....

It looks like it has topped out. The cost of pumping at this point would be greater than returns. Look at the sell orders on the market in the past the large sell numbers were fake and would be pulled but now I think there are some smart people making money but this is just my opinion.
legendary

What is the common practice for minting? What do you guys to, have it open all the time, or just make the minting once in a while.
What if you don't open your wallet for a 1/2 year, will you still get your interest retrospectively?

My opinion on it is this: Blackcoin prices are being manipulated to a very great extent, by an elite group of people who hold large amounts of Blackcoin. They are pumping it extremely well organized and are causing an effect that brings in people because of the hype.

If you look at the trades of BC, you will notice very few are for over 1 BTC, most trades are for on average 0.03 BTC, and every now and again you'll see the odd 2 or 3 BTC jump in and sell. This is very well orchestrated I believe, and once the big bag holders have made huge amounts of profits, you're going to see BC drop like a lead balloon with rocks tied to it.

There is nothing that BC has that can sustain such an increase in price in such a short amount of time. Even the CoinKite thing will not take effect for a few more months.

Yesterday on Twitter, Moolah announced that they would not be implementing BC into their platforms other than the Prelude trading platform. A bunch of BC people started to Tweet about this, so Moolah then said if BC could raise their volume on Prelude to 50BTC then they would implement BC on all of their platforms. Well BC people put the word out, and withing hours they had increased the volume to over 50BTC. Very well orchestrated....

Activity: 546

legendary

Well, BC has 1% interest so there is much less sell pressure. Mint currently has 20% interest so there is more sell pressure. But as navarthelol pointed out above this higher interest leads to greater stability which is great for utility, and because of the 20% annual interest rate you would still make 20% annual ROI even if the price were to stay the same (and I am confident that the price will only go up in due time).

Well, BC has 1% interest so there is much less sell pressure. Mint currently has 20% interest so there is more sell pressure. But as navarthelol pointed out above this higher interest leads to greater stability which is great for utility, and because of the 20% annual interest rate you would still make 20% annual ROI even if the price were to stay the same (and I am confident that the price will only go up in due time).
Activity: 7
Mintcoin Referral Links.... Ill click yours if you click mine? Smiley   Or the next person down can add theirs, the next person clicks that, adds theirs... so on.  Whatever.... just thought we could keep it friendly...

http://mintcoin.cyanrainbow.com/?id=2070

Good idea  Smiley  here's mine - http://mintcoin.cyanrainbow.com/?id=25

Unless someone didnt do mine, it doesn't appear that you get notification of a referral link being clicked.  So the next person to post their should probably clarify who's link they used just to make sure we dont skip someone down the line when we get a bunch of posts in between referral links.  Or maybe we should start a new thread somewhere?  IDK up to you guys.  Not like we're talking big money here! lol
legendary
legendary
How many MINT coins is there in circulation?

18827787385.623633 as of block 245060 http://mint.blockx.info/get/chain/MintCoin

And there will be 70.000.000.000 in total, right?
Jump to: