Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 427. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
saw this on reddit ... MintTip, tipbot on twitter

https://twitter.com/MintTip
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Some people are complaining that the Mac wallet doesn't work. Any feedback welcome!

Hi, v1.7 wallet seems to be work fine for me: sync, unlock, backup, transaction view. I don't have tested Transaction and Export. CPU % and memory seem to be OK. Only Mincoint icon with white backcolor (not transparent). I 'm on OSX 10.9.2  What feedback on "doesn't work" you have?

here http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/223vxa/wallet_17_for_mac_available_on_mintcoincc_or_here/
and
here https://twitter.com/jyap/status/451800527815192576

Kergekoin is aware though.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
7 btc worth just swooped up recently
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Some people are complaining that the Mac wallet doesn't work. Any feedback welcome!

Hi, v1.7 wallet seems to be work fine for me: sync, unlock, backup, transaction view. I don't have tested Transaction and Export. CPU % and memory seem to be OK. Only Mincoint icon with white backcolor (not transparent). I 'm on OSX 10.9.2  What feedback on "doesn't work" you have?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Did someone just buy everything at 15 Satoshi?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

It goes very very slow updating blocks.
Activity: 325
Activity: 56
Is there an active android wallet development? I saw people mention Bigchirv, but couldn't see any of his posts in this thread, maybe I missed it.

Certainly you may miss them. Hey there, Smiley

I've been studying the code of the wallets out there and yes, I'd like to start with the project. Some user days ago uploaded some images:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing

and basically is that what is holding me back, because I don't wanna waste my time (or any other's time) starting the project if someone already has something already on the table.

However, many days have passed and no more news on the status of that work.

Somebody can give us an update on this? Anyone?

I'm thinking on minting on a mobile device. Minting uses 100% cpu to find a hash, much like PoW, but using owner's coins. A phone user would not want to enable it.

I stated exactly the same some posts ago when the topic came up. It basically will drain the mobile's battery and also will slow the device.

On the other hand, a tablet-only user might want it if it's her only computer, so android wallet should ideally have minting, but the ability to turn it off. Or options like "mint only when charging", "mint only when charging and battery > 80%", "mint only when screen is locked"

And another user said the same tho. The argument was he has friends that would like to mint on their tablets. I still think the battery life will still be an issue. However we can always do what gonzoucab is saying and put a checkbox enabling/disabling minting. Of course, for that 1st we need the wallet up and available for download  and 2nd have implemented the PoS algorithm.

I'm thinking about the first use case, to run mintcoin wallet on a phone, but the user doesn't want his phone to mint at all. What happens if I share my private key between desktop wallet and android wallet?
Does anyone know how the QT clients react when the same wallet.dat is used on two computers simultaneously? Do they notice funds in an account are gone if they see an outgoing transaction in the blockchain, or do they assume only they can initiate transfers?

Those are real good questions. People usually goes with the new wallet/priv-key created when installing the app on their devices.

Maybe the Mintcoin Dev Team can answer this to us. Or somebody can point us to proper documentation. I can't tell whether or not there's a mechanism to prevent things like you're mentioning. If it doesn't exists we may design one (by "we" I mean the interested developers that are lurking around the forum, Smiley).

I mean desktop wallet can mint all the time, and to sync my android wallet, I can show it a QR code from desktop wallet and voila, from that point android wallet can spend coins (and all future coins) from my desktop wallet. They should be able to track their balances over the blockchain.

110% agree.

Maybe what I imagine* is not possible due to changes being sent to new generated addresses, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to have the answers of those Qs too. I'm no a cryptocoin expert; but I usually solve problems either with code or Linux servers. My employers usually give me broken code I'm not familiar with, written in and then say "fix it". So, I think I'm capable to do the task. Of course, any of the developers on the forum can help. That's the beauty of Open Source.

EDIT: Improve some English expressions. It is not my native language.

+1 I agree. We need to figure out if there is one already being worked on, and if not, somebody should get started right away!

I sent some emails so hopefully we can get a status update soon if we don't hear anything we may want to just get started on this ourselves so we can move on to other matters such as advertising
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
thats what holds me back as well to have a shot at it. mr1quicky. details?
Activity: 868
Is there an active android wallet development? I saw people mention Bigchirv, but couldn't see any of his posts in this thread, maybe I missed it.

Certainly you may miss them. Hey there, Smiley

I've been studying the code of the wallets out there and yes, I'd like to start with the project. Some user days ago uploaded some images:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing

and basically is that what is holding me back, because I don't wanna waste my time (or any other's time) starting the project if someone already has something already on the table.

However, many days have passed and no more news on the status of that work.

Somebody can give us an update on this? Anyone?

I'm thinking on minting on a mobile device. Minting uses 100% cpu to find a hash, much like PoW, but using owner's coins. A phone user would not want to enable it.

I stated exactly the same some posts ago when the topic came up. It basically will drain the mobile's battery and also will slow the device.

On the other hand, a tablet-only user might want it if it's her only computer, so android wallet should ideally have minting, but the ability to turn it off. Or options like "mint only when charging", "mint only when charging and battery > 80%", "mint only when screen is locked"

And another user said the same tho. The argument was he has friends that would like to mint on their tablets. I still think the battery life will still be an issue. However we can always do what gonzoucab is saying and put a checkbox enabling/disabling minting. Of course, for that 1st we need the wallet up and available for download  and 2nd have implemented the PoS algorithm.

I'm thinking about the first use case, to run mintcoin wallet on a phone, but the user doesn't want his phone to mint at all. What happens if I share my private key between desktop wallet and android wallet?
Does anyone know how the QT clients react when the same wallet.dat is used on two computers simultaneously? Do they notice funds in an account are gone if they see an outgoing transaction in the blockchain, or do they assume only they can initiate transfers?

Those are real good questions. People usually goes with the new wallet/priv-key created when installing the app on their devices.

Maybe the Mintcoin Dev Team can answer this to us. Or somebody can point us to proper documentation. I can't tell whether or not there's a mechanism to prevent things like you're mentioning. If it doesn't exists we may design one (by "we" I mean the interested developers that are lurking around the forum, Smiley).

I mean desktop wallet can mint all the time, and to sync my android wallet, I can show it a QR code from desktop wallet and voila, from that point android wallet can spend coins (and all future coins) from my desktop wallet. They should be able to track their balances over the blockchain.

110% agree.

Maybe what I imagine* is not possible due to changes being sent to new generated addresses, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to have the answers of those Qs too. I'm no a cryptocoin expert; but I usually solve problems either with code or Linux servers. My employers usually give me broken code I'm not familiar with, written in and then say "fix it". So, I think I'm capable to do the task. Of course, any of the developers on the forum can help. That's the beauty of Open Source.

EDIT: Improve some English expressions. It is not my native language.

+1 I agree. We need to figure out if there is one already being worked on, and if not, somebody should get started right away!
hey mr random please remember to like our Mintcoin Facebook page and ask friends and family to do the same as you can see the community is growing all the time and would love for you to be a part of it!  https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin 
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

haha headlines.. some people in the blackcoin community are pretty clever. I think that if there are any good writers among us who may want to consider creating a Mintcoin specific blog or "news site" it's actually a pretty good idea

Blackcoin saved your ass. Be grateful  Cheesy
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
guys i'm waiting for a mintcoin withdrawal from mintpal for over an hour and it still shows unconfirmed. also i can't open www.mintcoin-explorer.info

is there a problem?

did you get the withdrawal request email and confirm it via the link?

oh god, i'm such a newb! i got a little confused with all the exchanges i'm on. thank you very much. that resolves the problem!
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Just got my first minted coins!  Grin They are added to the total, but they don't show in the Stake balance? Running the 1.7 wallet.

First they move to stake, then you get your minted coins added back to your main balance, you just never noticed part of your balance move over to stake before the minting.
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Just got my first minted coins!  Grin They are added to the total, but they don't show in the Stake balance? Running the 1.7 wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1442
guys i'm waiting for a mintcoin withdrawal from mintpal for over an hour and it still shows unconfirmed. also i can't open www.mintcoin-explorer.info

is there a problem?

did you get the withdrawal request email and confirm it via the link?
Something bad happened, a flaw was discovered, and could have been really worse. Now we have two possible way: think about a "conspiracy" (and drag ourself and mint in the mud), or show that cryptoworld maybe is made not only by whales, kidswhowanttogetrichfast and so on, but also of people who are capable to cooperate even with projects that seems concurrent, like blackcoin and mintcoin.

I was actually trying to pay them a compliment I do think there are some really smart people in their community and have even bought some more of their coins. I look forward to working together towards a common goal
Activity: 307
Merit: 252

is there a problem?
Activity: 280

haha headlines.. some people in the blackcoin community are pretty clever. I think that if there are any good writers among us who may want to consider creating a Mintcoin specific blog or "news site" it's actually a pretty good idea

Just one click needed to go to main page http://www.cryptoarticles.com/

Still think this is some bc conspiracy?
I'm a little bit out this day, but I would like to clarify one thing: it's true that BC developer found the attack, and it's true that they illustrated it to the community as a whole.

Did it influence Mintcoin? Yes.

Will it influence every hybrid PoS/PoW coin with low PoW difficulty? Of course.

Did we lost the price cap we hardly earned the past week? Sure.

None of this is a reason to bash BC community. It would make us look weak and focused not on our coin&project, but on the envy on others.

I don't know shit about economy. I'm an engineer. But if we try to use our brains, and look at a future were cryptocurrencies are used in the real ordinary world, we could easily have a world were different cryptocoins (and this is without distinguish BTC from every other alt) are used for different type of goods and markets.

I think both blackcoin and mintcoin have a bright future, IF
- the respective devs don't screw up
- the community stay focused
- something really important doesn't happen (BTC related, but that's not the place to discuss the matter).

Something bad happened, a flaw was discovered, and could have been really worse. Now we have two possible way: think about a "conspiracy" (and drag ourself and mint in the mud), or show that cryptoworld maybe is made not only by whales, kidswhowanttogetrichfast and so on, but also of people who are capable to cooperate even with projects that seems concurrent, like blackcoin and mintcoin.

Just one click needed to go to main page http://www.cryptoarticles.com/

Still think this is some bc conspiracy?

Well I look forward to submitting some Mintcoin articles to this site thanks

and still would like to see someone in our community create a news site
Jump to: