Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 45. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 3
Just to say Mint is delisted for good on Bter, but also that for my own experience I did leave this crazy crypto world for some time (like 2 years, throw rotten eggs, tomatoes, or cryptos for my great irresponsability) and Bter kept all my delisted coins (at least I think) with ability to withdraw (my presence here to find updates on the coin status)
Enjoy!
PS : Any exchange to trade Mintcoin ?
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
"We will provide 3 months withdrawal service..."

https://bter.com/article/11868

Even when bter has delisted a coin it still enforces maximum daily withdrawal limits. If you have a lot of mint on bter don't wait until the last minute to withdraw them. It might take a week to withdraw a big amount as there's a maximum allowed each day.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I have a question about the Mintcoin difficulty . I am looking at this http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/MintCoin/ and where it says Difficulty: PoS: 0.22451874

I know PoS stands for proof of stake, but how is PoS difficulty different than PoW difficulty? How is this calculation made?  What is it's importance, and what is a good number/level for PoS difficulty to be at?
it is based on the amount of people running wallets with balances, earning interest
In general, I understand that. I was hoping for more details to understand it better.

PoW Difficulty
Difficulty is a measure of how difficult it is to find a hash below a given target.

PoS Difficulty
Difficulty is a measure of how difficult it is to Stake a Block of Coins below a given target.

Target is the BlockSpeed,
for BTC it is 10 minutes,
for Mint it is 30 Seconds,

If you want an more in-dept explanation , this link had more info  https://github.com/novacoin-project/novacoin/wiki/Proof-of-stake

Proof-of-stake is term referring to the use of currency itself (ownership) to achieve certain goals. In the NovaCoin proof-of-stake is used to provide mining and transaction processing on a par with proof-of-work.

Novacoin uses the mixed Coin-Age/CoinDayWeight approach to provide proofs of the stake. The proof-of-stake difficulty is adjusted so as to limit the rate at which new blocks can be generated by the network to 10 minutes target spacing rate. Due to the very low probability of successful proof generation, this makes it unpredictable which computer in the network will be able to generate the next solution.
How it's supposed to work?

It's performed through scanning all available inputs in order to find lucky one that satisfies following condition:

SHA256(SHA256(KERNEL)) < CoinDayWeight *  NetworkTarget

Miner has to find a SHA256 hash that is under the target value. Target is derived from network target using CoinDayWeight parameter. The proof is presented by kernel hash and header signature. Each coinstake kernel represented by structure of 6 fields, a some of this fields could be varied pretty freely.
Field    Type    sizeof    Requirements
nStakeModifier    unsigned long int    8    Shouldn't be modified manually.
nTimeBlockFrom    unsigned int    4    Timestamp for block which provided previous transaction.
nTxPrevOffset    unsigned int    4    Offset of previous transaction inside the block.
nTxPrevTime    unsigned int    4    Timestamp of previous transaction.
nPrevoutNum    unsigned int    4    Output number of previous transaction.
nTimeTx    unsigned int    4    Current timestamp.

The hashing result of a valid proof-of-stake value must be lower than block target. Miner tries to find this suitable solution by scanning all available unspent inputs with suitable CoinDayWeight.
How long will it take me to generate a proof-of-stake?

Just like with proof-of-work, no-one can say exactly. But there is an estimation of how long it might take. Calculations are quite similar with proof-of-work, but instead of hash we have coin-day-second here. So, at difficulty 1.0 we need ~ 4294967297 coin-day-seconds to find a block.

Probability of successful block generation during one day could be calculated from available CoinDayWeight using formula:

P = CoinDayWeight * 86400 / (4294967297 * difficulty)

Let's estimate probability for current difficulty (0.23482093):
P    Age    <= 30    45    60    90    120    8
Sum    -                   
1       0    0.0013    0.0026    0.0051    0.0077    0.0077
10       0    0.0128    0.0257    0.0514    0.0771    0.0771
100       0    0.1285    0.257    0.514    0.771    0.771

Average block generation time could be calculated as:

T =  4294967297 * difficulty / (CoinDayWeight * 86400)

Days    Age    <= 30    45    60    90    120    8
Sum    -                   
1       8    778.2    389.1    194.55    129.7    129.7
10       8    77.82    38.91    19.46    12.97    12.97
100       8    7.78    3.89    1.95    1.3    1.3
When can I start generating proof-of-stake blocks?

If you have balance then novacoind would automatically try to generate proof hashes for you. If you find a stake the reward is calculated using current proof-of-stake difficulty and coin-age amount consumed. The reward amount is added to your stake amount and is shown together in the "stake" field of getinfo output.

Because stake is withheld from spending for 520 blocks, if you do need to keep your balance around to be spent soon we provided a configuration option "reservebalance" to help you keep your balance from being used by stake. You can add a line "reservebalance=10000" to novacoin.conf and restart your novacoind. This way novacoind would try to keep your balance above 10000 coins when generating stakes.
What about rewards?

Block reward is based on Coin-Age parameter and proof-of-stake difficulty. A reward can be calculated using formula

nProofReward = min(10, CoinAge * (0.03125 / difficulty) ^ (1 / 3) * 33 / (365 * 33 + 8 ));

In other words, a reward is limited by 10 coins value, starts from 1 coin per Coin-Year and cut a half every 8x multiply of difficulty.

Cool
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I have a question about the Mintcoin difficulty . I am looking at this http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/MintCoin/ and where it says Difficulty: PoS: 0.22451874

I know PoS stands for proof of stake, but how is PoS difficulty different than PoW difficulty? How is this calculation made?  What is it's importance, and what is a good number/level for PoS difficulty to be at?
it is based on the amount of people running wallets with balances, earning interest
In general, I understand that. I was hoping for more details to understand it better.
Activity: 530
Merit: 253
LDOGE aka Litedoge -stakeable 2.0 doge

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Wow. What a shame. BTer giving any reason given for delisting? Even some other of the coins they desisted don't really make sense to me why. Is it just a daily volume thing or what? I'm sort of tired of these exchanges doing this. Oh well, once again MINT still has other exchanges so whatever. I wonder if  we should expect to see another dump in the price like what happened before when other exchanges went down or delisted. This seems to be a recurring trend lol. Nevertheless, I'm sure MINT will keep on. Nothing has stopped it so far.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
"We will provide 3 months withdrawal service..."

https://bter.com/article/11868
legendary
Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008
Stoned & Stranged
Take note of current message on exchange Bter :

MINT-BTC is delisted

If you have coins on Bter then you should consider moving them ASAP.

Stay safe minters.
Where are you looking at? I'm looking in the delisted coin section of the website, but it doesn't look like it is delisted yet. It says it will be delisted though. Not sure when though. Any idea when it will be delisted? It says withdrawal support is given for 3 months after delisting. What then? Do they just confiscate/steal any remaining coins then?

It's written right above the chart for MINT/BTC market

https://bter.com/trade/mint_btc
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

MINT-BTC is delisted

Stay safe minters.
Where are you looking at? I'm looking in the delisted coin section of the website, but it doesn't look like it is delisted yet. It says it will be delisted though. Not sure when though. Any idea when it will be delisted? It says withdrawal support is given for 3 months after delisting. What then? Do they just confiscate/steal any remaining coins then?
Activity: 325
Merit: 250

MINT-BTC is delisted

Stay safe minters.
Hi,

any idea why latest wallet cannot connect? All other wallets are connecting fine just the mintcoin one is at 0 active conections Sad

Thanks and Happy new Year Guys

You shouldn't be experiencing any issues.  What version of the client are you running?  How long have you left the wallet open?
Activity: 124
Merit: 101
Hi,

any idea why latest wallet cannot connect? All other wallets are connecting fine just the mintcoin one is at 0 active conections Sad

Thanks and Happy new Year Guys
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
Just received our Mint Lotus Alpha card! Thanks guys!

Posted a picture on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cryptocloudhost/status/816698924362825730

Would love to have some of these (and the stickers) at CoinFestUK2017!
The Mint Lotus Alpha promotion is now over.  Thanks everyone for playing along in this grand alpha experiment.

54 Mint Lotus cards were printed.  39 cards were burned.  15 Mint Lotus cards are now in existence.

Additional proof of burn videos will be posted in the days to come.

Card #2 will have a whole new design and theme.  It will likely be sold outright at a much lower cost.  I hope to make hologram improvements which will further benefit card security.  Burn videos/media could happen with card #2 but will be more random, without a particular pre-defined schedule.  I expect an announcement sometime this month.  Release could be this month but is more realistic in Feb.  Some mint contributors will still receive complimentary cards.

There is STILL a chance to get one of the 15 Mint Lotus Alpha cards.  You can see the card listed at #52 is being held for a future giveaway.   SO minty and rare.  Cool

GO GREEN 2017.
Activity: 716
~Historical Snapshot~

[If you know someone looking for a good investment, print this off and show them]

That's very interesting definitely great for mintcoin I still have some mints from long ago willwarch this thread to see what's going on in 2017 with mints
Activity: 750
https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/MintCoin-Docs/blob/master/Wallets/2.0-Proposed_Revisions.md
http://mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html

Also, work continues on the new 2.1 client. Hoping to have an official statement ready later this month (dependent on how much other work I end up having).

I have a question regarding this in the 'For Future Consideration' section on GitHub:

"    Input Split/Combine. Management of a large number of inputs is tedious over a long period of time. As inputs are minted, they are split in half (unless they fall below the staketime threshold) which eventually results in the need to recombine inputs to maintain a reasonable minting time post-maturity. This feature makes the process much less time consuming, at the cost of a higher transaction fee.

Core / BackEnd Revisions:

StakeSplitThreshold. Allow users to set a coin-value threshold for splitting an input upon minting. This will reduce the need to manually recombine resulting low-value inputs from the splitting that occurs when an input mints."

My question is,
If the splitting parameters are changed, doesn't that increase the risk to stall transactions on the network? If I understand correctly, every block needs a mature stake to run on; since each block is 30 seconds, and there is 20 days before a stake is mature, there needs to be at least 57,600 stakes to ensure the network doesn't stall. It would also create a much more volatile difficulty. Is there something I am missing here?

These are both convenience features that won't be changing any of the default split/combine values.

The first is a GUI element to ease the process of combining multiple inputs after they have staked, something many people currently do manually. It can also be used to split large inputs into smaller, multiple, inputs.

The second is a way for a user to set their own threshold (within a defined range) whereby a minted input's resulting split would be governed by that threshold. This is something that will need to be explicitely set to take effect, otherwise the standing split rules will apply by default. It is also worth mentioning that the current split thresholds often lead to inputs of such a small size that they take a considerable time to stake. I've observed inputs that took well over a year to finally stake (though they stopped gaining weight at 40 days, so it was by pure luck that the input managed to create a block).
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
We are planning on setting up some discounts for orders paying with Mintcoin over the next few weeks on CryptoCloudHosting.org

If anyone has any ideas of any other offers / discounts you would like us to run with Mintcoin let me know.

Excellent. Thank you for your service.
legendary
Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008
Stoned & Stranged
That's impressive. I never knew MINT held its own so well throughout the years. Anybody know what innovations or developments are planned for MINT this coming year?

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/MintCoin-Docs/blob/master/Wallets/2.0-Proposed_Revisions.md
http://mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html

Also, work continues on the new 2.1 client. Hoping to have an official statement ready later this month (dependent on how much other work I end up having).

It's great to see devs are still working on MINT, I'm still holding and staking 1 million MINTs since the beginning
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
We are planning on setting up some discounts for orders paying with Mintcoin over the next few weeks on CryptoCloudHosting.org

If anyone has any ideas of any other offers / discounts you would like us to run with Mintcoin let me know.
Pages:
Jump to: