Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 46. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/MintCoin-Docs/blob/master/Wallets/2.0-Proposed_Revisions.md
http://mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html

Also, work continues on the new 2.1 client. Hoping to have an official statement ready later this month (dependent on how much other work I end up having).

I have a question regarding this in the 'For Future Consideration' section on GitHub:

"    Input Split/Combine. Management of a large number of inputs is tedious over a long period of time. As inputs are minted, they are split in half (unless they fall below the staketime threshold) which eventually results in the need to recombine inputs to maintain a reasonable minting time post-maturity. This feature makes the process much less time consuming, at the cost of a higher transaction fee.

Core / BackEnd Revisions:

StakeSplitThreshold. Allow users to set a coin-value threshold for splitting an input upon minting. This will reduce the need to manually recombine resulting low-value inputs from the splitting that occurs when an input mints."

My question is,
If the splitting parameters are changed, doesn't that increase the risk to stall transactions on the network? If I understand correctly, every block needs a mature stake to run on; since each block is 30 seconds, and there is 20 days before a stake is mature, there needs to be at least 57,600 stakes to ensure the network doesn't stall. It would also create a much more volatile difficulty. Is there something I am missing here?
Activity: 728
That's impressive. I never knew MINT held its own so well throughout the years. Anybody know what innovations or developments are planned for MINT this coming year?

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/MintCoin-Docs/blob/master/Wallets/2.0-Proposed_Revisions.md

Also, work continues on the new 2.1 client. Hoping to have an official statement ready later this month (dependent on how much other work I end up having).

This looks promising. Thank you @Fuzzbawls for the information.

Activity: 750
That's impressive. I never knew MINT held its own so well throughout the years. Anybody know what innovations or developments are planned for MINT this coming year?

Activity: 728
~Historical Snapshot~

[If you know someone looking for a good investment, print this off and show them]

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000
This may be a useful link for you OP

https://www.coinhills.com/market/mint/ Shows all markets even a few of the fun ones

~Historical Snapshot~

[If you know someone looking for a good investment, print this off and show them]

It's 2017 and MINT is still in the top 100 coins!  Roll Eyes 
Congrats! Happy new year, and Happy minting!
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Cheesy HAPPY NEW YEAR MINTERS! Cheesy

As an encouragement and reminder to us all, I just did an updated analysis of why Minting > Mining:

As some of you may know, years ago, (wow it's been that long), I used to be a bitcoin miner, but I eventually realized how it quickly it became a waste. The only returns you get from mining bitcoin is when the coin gets pumped, so you can sell your coins to recover your mining costs, but then you must re-invest in newer, stronger mining technology, so you can mine more and hope to get your Bitcoin back again. Strangely this pumping cycle seems to be happening over and over again and may be happening now once again. But maybe this analysis I put together for you will help illustrate my point, that in terms of BTC itself, mining for BTC does not actually pay for itself or recover the costs.
Keep in mind, I am not saying my calculations on this are perfect, or that you will get exact results. I used various websites for calculations and did several calculations in my spreadsheet to derive my results. If you want, you should do your own research too to verify my claims, and to check if I did something wrong too. I would like to know if anything can be improved. Also, there are many other 3rd party risks and factors in mining to consider such as pool down-time/efficiency, difficulty changes, global hash-power changes, stale/reject/orphan rates, and luck. Also exchange rates changes. But this analysis is assuming stable exchange rates, difficulty etc.

Mining or Minting? How to Calculate and Compare Potential Investment Return Profitability:

An observation and point to take away from this is, this analysis uses only the price of crypto. MINT to BTC is crypto to crypto only. No fiat money fluctuations are considered here. So on a purely crypto-only level it is a loss to mine for BTC because the cost of mining for it outweighs the final getable return (theoretically this becomes a true statement on all mineable coins after 50% of the total coins are mined). However it a gain to mint for MINT because the cost of minting is nominal. This analysis assumes a stable exchange rate. However, if the price of Bitcoin in fiat money gets pumped up really fast, the exchange rate of MINT/BTC will probably go down, and if BTC gets dumped really hard the exchange rate of MINT/BTC will probably go up. This has happened before in the past if you look on the charts, price fluctuates. But since this is not verily knowable, I assume an exchange rate at the current market price and constant. Bottom line is, it doesn't matter what the fiat money exchange rates are doing, keep in mind this is a crypto-to-crypto comparison. MINT minting vs BTC mining, and in this analysis MINT is the winner all else equal. I haven't tested this against all mining algorithms, but I would expect similar results.
My Conclusion: It doesn't make sense to invest your crypto, in mining for crypto. If you want to invest your crypto in order to gain more crypto, it makes sense to invest your crypto in minting. Maybe this helps some people understand the mining fallacy, and next time you go to invest BTC in Bitcoin mining rigs, consider exchanging it for MINT to invest in Mintcoin minting coins.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Out of curiosity, I just don't get, why are you burning the cards?
It seems to me burning the cards makes as much sense as sending a bunch of MINT to a wallet and then burning it so the coins are lost forever.
I mean you can do whatever you want with your own property, but if it is rational to destroy some of the cards you worked/labored to create, wouldn't it also be rational to destroy some of the MINT you worked/labored to create?
If it is not rational, why are you doing it?
If it is rational, then why don't you destroy some MINT too and send some coins to the card you are burning up, and by destroying the MINT, make MINT rarer too???

Users may be familiar with general coin burn and why such a thing would be done in various scenarios.  Why not play with supply and demand concepts in a unique and verifiable manner?  Fun burn vids serve as marketing and promotion and adjust the initial supply for true Lotus rarity.  Have you ever seen minty green fire?  It is magical.   Cool

I suppose burning actual mintcoins could be done as well if that excites you.

But consider this...

John Doe receives a Mint Card.  He can verify that only #XX exist and see that half of the initial cards were burned.  This allows John and everyone around him to understand the true rarity of his collectable.  
On the other hand, John Doe burns a bitcoin.  He starts a website on why his remaining bitcoins are worth more based on this burn and shows this website to someone whom he then tries to sell the remaining coins to.  Does this make the coins more valuable to the buyer or the marketplace in a real world scenario?  Unlikely.  21 Million vs. 54.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
54 29 Mint Lotus Alpha Cards currently exist.  15 are still available as of Dec. 29th.  NONE will be available after Dec. 31st.

Want to pickup a Mint Lotus with mint, btc, or another currency?  Shoot me a PM.

At the current rate of burn I loosely expect about 15-25 Mint Lotus cards to exist in total.  Burn rate will increase leading up to Jan. 1st.

Development on an all new card #2 continues.  I hope to have more info on the second release in Jan.

STAY MINTY!

Out of curiosity, I just don't get, why are you burning the cards?
It seems to me burning the cards makes as much sense as sending a bunch of MINT to a wallet and then burning it so the coins are lost forever.
I mean you can do whatever you want with your own property, but if it is rational to destroy some of the cards you worked/labored to create, wouldn't it also be rational to destroy some of the MINT you worked/labored to create?
If it is not rational, why are you doing it?
If it is rational, then why don't you destroy some MINT too and send some coins to the card you are burning up, and by destroying the MINT, make MINT rarer too???
54 29 Mint Lotus Alpha Cards currently exist.  15 are still available as of Dec. 29th.  NONE will be available after Dec. 31st.

Want to pickup a Mint Lotus with mint, btc, or another currency?  Shoot me a PM.

At the current rate of burn I loosely expect about 15-25 Mint Lotus cards to exist in total.  Burn rate will increase leading up to Jan. 1st.

Development on an all new card #2 continues.  I hope to have more info on the second release in Jan.

STAY MINTY!
Activity: 356
What Linux distributions are compatible with MINT? Is there an updated list somewhere?
Activity: 750
A day or so ago I noticed my wallet stopped updating and so I figured I would see if the wallet needed repair. It did, so I did many clicks (20 mins or so worth) and it finally passed test.  I checked an hour or so ago and the last update was 1 day ago
MY peer count has always been single digit... wonde rif I am off in a bad group or something.. for sure hundreds of repair wallet claick shoud not be needed...
 Any help?

Tx in advance
Sarticus

sounds like you're off on a fork. Block #3,194,146 was certainly not just one day ago (happened on the 15th) http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/MintCoin/block.php?height=3194146

compare some of your block hashes with the explorer, if they don't match you'll need to resync. Also make sure you're running v2.0.2.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
A day or so ago I noticed my wallet stopped updating and so I figured I would see if the wallet needed repair. It did, so I did many clicks (20 mins or so worth) and it finally passed test.  I checked an hour or so ago and the last update was 1 day ago
MY peer count has always been single digit... wonde rif I am off in a bad group or something.. for sure hundreds of repair wallet claick shoud not be needed...
 Any help?

Tx in advance
Sarticus
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Sweet New Year, to all of you, for whatever you celebrate, if any!

May your next year be bright!

May all your minty endeavors be blessed!
Activity: 356
Who can help this guy on reddit with getting his wallet working?
reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/5jlqb7/noob_questions_about_the_coin/
54  41 cards currently exist.  28 are available as of Dec. 21th.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

ALL unclaimed cards will be burned on Jan. 1st.  If you have yet to give me your mailing info or a method of delivery then consider doing so.  Unclaimed cards will not be held for ANYONE after Dec. 31st.
Added a rare Mint Lotus Alpha card to the Cryptopia marketplace.  Buy now with mintcoin!  Smiley

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketPlaceAction/MarketItem?marketItemId=3496

54 49 cards currently exist.  37 are available as of Dec. 16th.

More info:  mintymintcoin.com/MintCards.html
Activity: 574
Providing a link would help a lot Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: