Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 50. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Anybody have a good reason why Mintcoin is at 5 sats right now? Did something happen while I was not paying attention?

I think this is a great coin and have been holding and buying more since the beginning.

Poloniex and ShapeShift removed MINT.  Since then we've been added to multiple new exchanges.

There hasn't been much news lately but work continues on multiple fronts in the background.  Wink

I think these exchanges don't get it with Mintcoin and similar coins that give interest. We don't sell 'em because they earn money every 20 days. So yeah, there's not a ton of action on Mint......... But to de-list a coin like Mint with a great history. Come on!!!!!!!
Activity: 154
Anybody have a good reason why Mintcoin is at 5 sats right now? Did something happen while I was not paying attention?

I think this is a great coin and have been holding and buying more since the beginning.

Poloniex and ShapeShift removed MINT.  Since then we've been added to multiple new exchanges.

There hasn't been much news lately but work continues on multiple fronts in the background.  Wink

See the history thread for more details.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13798259
Activity: 169

What are the trading fees?

BtcPop's stated on site chat that exchange fees are 0.25%
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Wow cool. Sounds like a good exchange for mintcoin. Is it popular?
Why isn't it listed on coinmarketcap.com?

If they take 2% of what you mint that seems pretty fair considering most other exchanges don't allow you to mint at all. What are the trading fees? I only looked at the website briefly in the past it seemed like I couldn't find out much of anything unless I registered.
Activity: 150
Probably helps if there is volume on it when they take it into consideration. Just a guess though.

So are you saying that btcpop will payout a mintcoin dividend after just 1 day of holding coins there?  What APR % were you getting? Does it matter if you are trading with them like in order book, or do they have to be free and available? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand.

In my case, yes, I received a dividend after only 1 day.  I can't tell you if the coins need to be available as I never added them to an order book.  My goal was to only confirm their on-exchange minting was working and I did not take my tests much further.  My funds at BtcPop have since been mostly removed because I prefer being in control of my own coins rather then completely trusting an exchange.  Minting percentage received for my first payout was 0.0015129722104421492%.  I've left a very small amount of coins in the exchange which some might call dust.  Those coins have given me a second on-exchange minting at 0.0024577843750523%.

On Pop it is setup that you will mint coins deposited in your account as well as any coins in your order book that remain unsold. By my calculation it seems Pop is taking a 2% cut of all minted coins which in my opinion is exceptionally generous!
Probably helps if there is volume on it when they take it into consideration. Just a guess though.

So are you saying that btcpop will payout a mintcoin dividend after just 1 day of holding coins there?  What APR % were you getting? Does it matter if you are trading with them like in order book, or do they have to be free and available? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand.

In my case, yes, I received a dividend after only 1 day.  I can't tell you if the coins need to be available as I never added them to an order book.  My goal was to only confirm their on-exchange minting was working and I did not take my tests much further.  My funds at BtcPop have since been mostly removed because I prefer being in control of my own coins rather then completely trusting an exchange.  Minting percentage received for my first payout was 0.0015129722104421492%.  I've left a very small amount of coins in the exchange which some might call dust.  Those coins have given me a second on-exchange minting at 0.0024577843750523%.

So are you saying that btcpop will payout a mintcoin dividend after just 1 day of holding coins there?  What APR % were you getting? Does it matter if you are trading with them like in order book, or do they have to be free and available? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand.
What can we do to get these exchanges listed on mintcoin's markets page of coinmarketcap.com? I would like to be able to quickly check the prices and trade activity of all these trading pairs and exchanges. Is it because most of these are rather new, low volume exchanges that they are not being listed?  Or, Does anyone know of an alternative way to easily check all the MINT markets, or maybe a different site that would list and track them?

At the bottom of coinmarketcap is a request form link.  From there you'd choose, "I want to request to modify information on an existing cryptocurrency".

FYI
Current mint exchanges and pairs

AltEx
BTC, LTC

BtcPop
BTC

Bter
CNY, BTC

CoinExchange.io
BTC

CoinGather
BTC, LTC

Cryptopia
BTC, DOT, LTC, DOGE, FTC, UNO, XMR

Nova
BTC, LTC, ESP, DOGE, ARI, CJ, PIGGY

SouthXChange
BTC

Note that I have submitted changes to them before but I haven't seen my suggestions go live.  While they may not support data from all of the exchanges we are listed at, I have noticed that Nova was listed on another coin on their site while we have yet to see Nova listed.

I deposited funds at BtcPop to test their on exchange minting/staking.  After only one day I received a distribution for coins held.  Not bad.  This isn't an endorsement of BtcPop.co but rather a verification of functionality.  Minted coins show up at btcpop.co/Alt-Statement

This could be a solution for users who want to stake but are unable to run their own wallet.  Keep in mind, you will need to trust BtcPop while your coins are in their possession.

Stay minty fresh my friends.  Smiley
What can we do to get these exchanges listed on mintcoin's markets page of coinmarketcap.com? I would like to be able to quickly check the prices and trade activity of all these trading pairs and exchanges. Is it because most of these are rather new, low volume exchanges that they are not being listed?  Or, Does anyone know of an alternative way to easily check all the MINT markets, or maybe a different site that would list and track them?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
MINT now traded directly against PIGGY at NovaExchange!

https://novaexchange.com/market/PIGGY_MINT/
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
When I checked the altex exchange market link from the OP it doesn't go to a bitcoin market. Altex might have removed that market and moved mint into the litecoin markets.

http://altex.ws/Market/?Pair=MINT/BTC

This link for a MINT/LTC altex market works. The MINT/BTC altex link in the OP should be replaced with this one if there's no altex bitcoin market any longer.

http://altex.ws/Market/Trade/?Pair=MINT/LTC

proper link for MINT/BTC trading on altex.ws is http://altex.ws/Market/trade/?Pair=MINT/BTC

it is still active, but thanks for pointing out that the link in the OP is incorrect. I'll ping Ursay to update it
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
When I checked the altex exchange market link from the OP it doesn't go to a bitcoin market. Altex might have removed that market and moved mint into the litecoin markets.

http://altex.ws/Market/?Pair=MINT/BTC

This link for a MINT/LTC altex market works. The MINT/BTC altex link in the OP should be replaced with this one if there's no altex bitcoin market any longer.

http://altex.ws/Market/Trade/?Pair=MINT/LTC

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Calling me a troll is pointless,
Since Poloniex left the only thing holding Mintcoin up has been the Chinese Buyers,
They are dumping a little bit at a time , so the clueless don't catch on in time to lower their bids.
Mintcoin has no volume since Poloniex dumped it.
Today's Chart
1    BTER   MINT/BTC    $83    $0.000026    84.18%

Notice the Chinese Markets are selling at a much lower price.
A pitiful $83 is 84% of your daily volume, drop your bids to 1 sat if you want to stay in the BTC markets , or be prepared to languish in the LTC & Doge Markets before mintcoin dies a painful death.

Marketcap dropped to $663,094 , it is just the beginning, there are no more big players supporting mintcoin , Poloniex, ShapeShift , and now the Chinese are all dropping Mintcoin , marshal your remaining strength at 1 sat or lose everything.

Nevermind that guy. I think he is a troll. As I recall last year he was saying similar stuff too, trying to get everyone to abandon the coin and dump everything low.

Better to keep the coins out of the hands of the pump and dumpers imo.

I have seen some moderate selling lately, but nothing that is unreasonable to see. More coins are probably being minted each month than the prior month until the halving, so it's bound to put some sell pressure. I will keep holding, and minting.  Smiley

Additionally, from this it doesn't appear to me China would have a very large impact on Mintcoin. From a multiplicity of users standpoint. Of course we don't know how many coins they have though.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Chinese Traders are dumping Mintcoin , without them , Mintcoin can't hold a BTC market for long.

BTER      MINT/CNY    $0    $0.000027    
BTER      MINT/BTC    $0    $0.000025    

We should all move our buy support down to 1 sat to try and hold mint in the BTC markets.
Otherwise LTC & Dogecoin markets will be Mintcoin's new home.

Where are you seeing a dump?  How do you know it's a Chinese dump?  Volume at China's Bter exchange has been flat for a while.

Why would everyone move their orders to 1 when it's currently holding between 4-6 on most exchanges with volume?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Chinese Traders are dumping Mintcoin , without them , Mintcoin can't hold a BTC market for long.

BTER      MINT/CNY    $0    $0.000027    
BTER      MINT/BTC    $0    $0.000025    

We should all move our buy support down to 1 sat to try and hold mint in the BTC markets.
Otherwise LTC & Dogecoin markets will be Mintcoin's new home.

Activity: 325
MINT/BTC market has been added to coinexchange.io

Please use MintyAllDay's affiliate link if you sign up as MintyAllDay has agreed to donate all funds from referrals to mint infrastructure.

coinexchange.io/?r=43fd99d3

Stay FRESH my friends.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: