Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 568. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 452
Merit: 250
I removed all my holdings from all exchanges and doubt I'll be putting any back on unless there is some significant change in how that business is conducted.

I'm still bullish on MINT, and crypto in general, because digital currency is no more going away than firemaking or tool use are going away. It's a valid technical innovation and it is here to stay. MINT is a superior form of crypto because of the green nature of PoS and the minting process. It's scalable for mass adoption so I think it is a good contender for becoming a currency of actual utilitarian value some day.

One thing standing in the way of that day is all of the scammers, manipulators, pump and dumpers etc that create volatility in the market. But that is the nature of risk. Marco Polo went to the see the Great Khan, that's taking a risk in trading. Putting a few thou into crypto to see if it works out down the road is nothing in comparison.  Grin

it has no future if the flaw isnt addressed. it generates too many coins without cost.

At 10 sat's it would take about 2 months to overturn the current supply at about 30 btc vol a day... so I would say its gonna take 2 months to weed out the weak holders... and then that is if any new alt hasn't come and taken mint's position in the market by then... alot of new coins doing the same thing as mint, mining early to hoard and then block inflation to minimum... I don't see how its gonna be bullish long term as no true investor will buy to hold it when there are people holding billions at almost no cost, why would a smart investor be the pig when hes made  a living slaughtering dumb money? I do think you can make money off of swings though... just unless there are major breakthroughs in development I don't see it going anywhere... there is still the technical challenge of proving that POS itself can work on its own that the bitcoin community hasn't proven yet...

PPC was the first that proved that POS works. What is your point ?
Activity: 364
I removed all my holdings from all exchanges and doubt I'll be putting any back on unless there is some significant change in how that business is conducted.

I'm still bullish on MINT, and crypto in general, because digital currency is no more going away than firemaking or tool use are going away. It's a valid technical innovation and it is here to stay. MINT is a superior form of crypto because of the green nature of PoS and the minting process. It's scalable for mass adoption so I think it is a good contender for becoming a currency of actual utilitarian value some day.

One thing standing in the way of that day is all of the scammers, manipulators, pump and dumpers etc that create volatility in the market. But that is the nature of risk. Marco Polo went to the see the Great Khan, that's taking a risk in trading. Putting a few thou into crypto to see if it works out down the road is nothing in comparison.  Grin

it has no future if the flaw isnt addressed. it generates too many coins without cost.

At 10 sat's it would take about 2 months to overturn the current supply at about 30 btc vol a day... so I would say its gonna take 2 months to weed out the weak holders... and then that is if any new alt hasn't come and taken mint's position in the market by then... alot of new coins doing the same thing as mint, mining early to hoard and then block inflation to minimum... I don't see how its gonna be bullish long term as no true investor will buy to hold it when there are people holding billions at almost no cost, why would a smart investor be the pig when hes made  a living slaughtering dumb money? I do think you can make money off of swings though... just unless there are major breakthroughs in development I don't see it going anywhere... there is still the technical challenge of proving that POS itself can work on its own that the bitcoin community hasn't proven yet...

So in other words, keep trading.

Cheesy
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
time to wake up. dreamland is over. mintcoin has a serious flaw that is now showing.

nothing can be done about it if devs dont step up, it will be over soon.

withdraw everything from exchanges.

i will buy at 1!

community dies.

I'll bite. What is the serious flaw.

what is the serious flaw? you send your mints to exchanges, they store them in hot and cold wallets... they mint away, interest absurd high, they autosell their minted coins.

free btc.

it was doomed when it launched.

bad design.

it will go 1 satoshi.

I wouldn't necessarily call that a flaw. The average user is only going to have Mintcoins on the exchange for a short period of time to either buy or sell. It is the day traders who take this risk more than anyone that benefits the exchange. They are taking the risk that they can make more money day trading than to take the coins off and receive interest.

By your words, any Proof of Stake coin is doomed to fail because of this "flaw". I will have to respectfully disagree with your way of thinking. Granted that yes, the interest is rather high right now, benefiting large stake holders, which is causing the market to discover the right price. This should balance out as market forces take effect.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

That's not a problem for a currency that is viable for mass adoption

It is a problem for day traders and exchanges that want short term profits
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
time to wake up. dreamland is over. mintcoin has a serious flaw that is now showing.

i will buy at 1!

community dies.

what is the serious flaw? you send your mints to exchanges, they store them in hot and cold wallets... they mint away, interest absurd high, they autosell their minted coins.

free btc.

bad design.

it will go 1 satoshi.

So... Why are people keeping it in exchanges? I just bought some at 0.00000012 and it's going straight to my wallet
Activity: 224
yes we all know there are other coins thisisit..  that is your reason for being here and being a tool
"...being a tool"  +1!

i will laugh last.
Activity: 452

i will buy at 1!

community dies.

free btc.

bad design.

it will go 1 satoshi.

You are assuming that a significant number of people leave his mintcoins more than 20 days. In Blackcoin it is possible this scenary because the minimum time to mint is 8 hours, in mintcoin is very improbable.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
yes we all know there are other coins thisisit..  that is your reason for being here and being a tool
"...being a tool"  +1!

Activity: 385
I noticed the past few days my wallet is not minting hardly at all. Where as before I would have about 70-80 mint transactions in a day now I am getting 1-2 a day. Whats the deal with that?

it has no future if the flaw isnt addressed. it generates too many coins without cost. only need to get like 100mil and it becomes more and more. its unstoppable.
even when coins are removed from exchanges... the fix is just temporary.

i will buy at 1!

community dies.

free btc.

bad design.

it will go 1 satoshi.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
nope, everyone withdraw from exchange and exchange die

there are other coins you know.
the only "serious flaw" in the all cryptos is the exchange racket

that's where all the FUD and trolling is coming from and that is who "the whale" is.

Cheesy
Activity: 165

i will buy at 1!

community dies.

Activity: 336
If Mintpal would send all mint owners the mintcoin they have minted while stashing their mints in their exchange that would get all thye traders in one place and a big problem solved.
Maybe the devs could work something out?
nope, everyone withdraw from exchange and exchange die

i will buy at 1!

community dies.
Jump to: