Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 592. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
hey guys, we are all the community of mintcoin
I think we dont know how does the multipool effect, so dont discuss that. thats no result.
i know the price is important part of a coin... but not the most.
if we want to make mintcoin be better, i think charity project is great. especially for environmental project!
thats why it calls mintcoin, right?

we have more exchange market than blackcoin
we can make great idea from this

I agree, I think an environmental charity organization would be great for this coin. Maybe we could vote as a community on a charity (or charities) that we could start donating to through the Mintcoin Foundation?

http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html#enviro

There's something in the pipeline already Wink

Awesome Smiley that is great to hear!
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
I think we dont know how does the multipool effect, so dont discuss that. thats no result.
if we want to make mintcoin be better, i think charity project is great. especially for environmental project!

I agree, I think an environmental charity organization would be great for this coin. Maybe we could vote as a community on a charity (or charities) that we could start donating to through the Mintcoin Foundation?

There's something in the pipeline already Wink
MintCoin is now supported by Bongocoin.com, that means you can buy anything anywhere NOW with your MINT http://bongocoin.com/order/

+1. This is really cool!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_environmental_organizations
http://www.projectgreenify.com/post/31336789929/10-best-green-charities#.UyXLJj8XfdY
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

I think we are just in consolidation. This is a good coin with a good community. We just need Time... Peace.

you are right. but need multipool
Done! Someone made a multipool yesterday: http://www.mintpool.us

port 4444 is full maybe. i can`t connect
Activity: 325
MintCoin is now supported by Bongocoin.com, that means you can buy anything anywhere NOW with your MINT http://bongocoin.com/order/
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

I think we are just in consolidation. This is a good coin with a good community. We just need Time... Peace.

Done! Someone made a multipool yesterday: http://www.mintpool.us
Activity: 11
you are forgetting here that mintcoin is linked to btc and that you are "dumping" btc.

so maybe the price of mint will go up... if this becomes a standard, the price of btc will go down.

bubble: *poof*

Are you suggesting that selling BTC for MINT is g0ing to tank the 10 billion $ BTC market? If so, you really need to give your head a shake.

Activity: 195

Activity: 133
Merit: 11

50 mh/s in the ocean of 10,000gh/s combined from all the other coins will make zero difference to other coins.

The pool is fine.
Activity: 12

Activity: 252
ive been kept my MINT in wallet for 20 days,, what i cant see any stake HuhHuh?
Also found this: on http://www.reddit.com/r/mintpool/comments/20fgq3/all_i_am_getting_is_rejects/

Same as cgminer, but starts with "sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mintpool.us:3333" DON'T add "Scrypt"

wow, indeed my cgminer bat works fine if I just pull out the --scrypt part, I had tried it before (and I had changed cgminer to say sgminer) but I didn't know I needed to leave out the --scrypt part.

Seems to be up and running; thanks!

Nice, this should be posted on mintpool.us  hompage for sure.

Need to update the connection settings info on http://mint.mintpool.us/mint/index.php too

In the help section the port is given as 4444 where it should be 3333

Thanks deadmanwalking Smiley

3333 is DOGE, 4444 is MINT.  The subdomains point to the same address, so the service is separated by using different ports.  

Their docs are correct.

Hmm, yep looks like I've been donating Doge for the last couple of hours...

I'm having trouble connecting on port 4444 though, I get the following error from sgminer 4.1.0:

[16:00:24] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[16:00:24] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input
[16:00:24] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers
[16:00:24] Pool: 0  URL: stratum+tcp://mint.mintpool.us:4444  User: MboMKvM1eKimeX5uWZaERpVmTN7c4Yr2F9  Password: x

using the following command

...\sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mint.mintpool.us:4444 -u MboMKvM1eKimeX5uWZaERpVmTN7c4Yr2F9 -p x

Everything looks OK to me - any ideas where I'm going wrong?

i think not your falt. the 4444 port in trouble. My guess is that this should not seem to be connected more
Activity: 210
sgminer is better anyway been using it for donkeys, gets u a little bit better hashrate
simple to use too the bat file is pretty basic

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mint.mintpool.us:4444 -u "mint address -p x
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
The owner needs to put on the site that mining with cg miner isn't possible multiple people have had problems with this so its better to deal with this once and for all.

Yeah that would be smart because it seems everyone uses cgminer.
Activity: 826
The owner needs to put on the site that mining with cg miner isn't possible multiple people have had problems with this so its better to deal with this once and for all.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
So I can tell that the multipool is based off Waffle, but there's far less details, and no personal stats page.

Been using it for a like 10 min and I keep getting "Share is above target" message that I've never received on any other pool.... So I appear to be getting literally zero accepted shares... I'll wait for this to get fixed before returning.... Roll Eyes

It doesn't work with cgminer, you have to use sgminer or guiminer
That's really weird Undecided
Activity: 224
you are forgetting here that mintcoin is linked to btc and that you are "dumping" btc.

so maybe the price of mint will go up... if this becomes a standard, the price of btc will go down.

bubble: *poof*

Mint couldn't even impact one US cent on the value of bitcoin at this stage, it's a non-issue. What is an issue however, and one that can and must be addressed now, is the decreasing value of our coin, little by little, each day - the bleeding needs to stop and the Multipool is the bandage.  

I completely agree, the multipool is going to make mint much more resistant against market manipulation aswell. The whale has been lowering the price little by little for almost 3 weeks now.

maybe... it can be a large bagholder that uses minted coins -> autosell. ( arms race? )

examine all addresses in the chain.

i think its a good idea, dont get me wrong.... what i am scared for is that this becomes a defacto standard that will hurt BTC..

we need a stable, high priced btc.

everything is linked to it.

what might happen is this:

"people" ( trade engines ) put buy orders at 17 and put earns at 18 sell.

coin will get stuck at price level.

since the lower the price, the more profit flipping coins like this.

price will be pushed down further.

you will see.

i think the downward trend is unstoppable if whales decide it must go down.

by launching the multipools you are actually doing THEM a favor.

you make it more interesting since there is a constant supply of btc ( buy ) and mint ( sell ). a loop.

thank you Wink
Activity: 210
So I can tell that the multipool is based off Waffle, but there's far less details, and no personal stats page.

Been using it for a like 10 min and I keep getting "Share is above target" message that I've never received on any other pool.... So I appear to be getting literally zero accepted shares... I'll wait for this to get fixed before returning.... Roll Eyes

It doesn't work with cgminer, you have to use sgminer or guiminer
Jump to: