Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 608. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Apart for the Mint/blackcoin war ...
20% inflation and then after 4 years 5% per year forever is insane.
If you really believe in this coin for the long term and it becomes a worldwide currency it will be a worse plague than fiat.
It won't be 20% inflation, but less than that because that 20% presumes that 100% of the coins will sit quietly and acquire coin age, which is false.

Even at 5%, if this were possible, it is less than the inflation of the money supply. If you think that cryptos and altcoins are worse than fiat, then you have no idea how central banks and the debt-money scam works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

Was that to subtle for you? Probably.
If there is no actually 20% then somebody change this:

which gives the highest payout at 20% the first year, then decrease 5% per year until the 4th year it reaches annual interest rate of 5%, then it will remain at this rate.
And explain in a few words about the max and min.

And I do hope the coding is right and we don't end like DOGE who turned to inflation overnight due to dizzy devs.

I still think, inflation is the right way to go. Currencies need inflation unlike commodities like gold that live on deflation. But virtual currencies are no gold, they have no use when not spend.

PS: I am really puzzled, that bc is going where mintcoin was supposed to: price increase since pos. Maybe I'd end up dumping my mint too.
Activity: 364
USD inflates at about 8% annually, on average
Sources? (I believe you, I just would like it backed up by sources).
CBS News recently reported that the rate of inflation, as calculated by the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), clocked in at a whopping 8% over the past year. This number is in stark contrast to the relatively modest inflation rate of 3.1% being reported by the government’s Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The AIER calculates what they refer to as an Every Day Price Index (EPI). The EPI only looks at the cost of goods the average household buys every month and factors in only those costs which are subject to price fluctuation. For example, mortgages are typically stable over the course of a year so those numbers are ignored. They wouldn’t change unless a person moves or refinances, so they don’t act as a good measure of inflation from month to month.

Another measure of inflation comes from John Williams’ Shadow Stats. Williams calculates the consumer price index (CPI) using the same model as the government did prior to 1990. Williams also calculates the CPI using the same model as the government did prior to 1980. In each case, the government changed the way it calculated inflation in order to give the appearance of less inflation.

If we calculate the inflation rate the exact same way the government did prior to 1990, the inflation rate is averaging around 6.5%, which is basically double the official rate. However, if we measure inflation the same way the government did back prior to 1980, the inflation rate clocks in at a mind-numbing 11%.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/4952/is-america-hiding-its-true-inflation-rate-and-could-the-u-s-be-as-insolvent-as-greece

8% is a pretty standard estimate of the annual USD inflation rate. Kind of a rule of thumb.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I just downloaded the wallet 1.5 and installed it on my computer, as soon as I opened it all my addresses were already contained. Is that normal? I keep hearing people talk about how they have to manually import their wallet.dat and that is what I was expecting.. Is that only if you lost or deleted your previous wallet? I didn't delete my wallet 1.4 before installing the new one.

Thanks,
Any info would be appreciated.

Backing up your wallet.dat is good practice for when the unanticipated and unfortunate happen. If you live a charmed life you'll never have to resort to your backed up wallet.dat though. You're like most people that upgrade with zero issue. Pour yourself a beer and watch your mints come rolling in.
Activity: 364
I just downloaded the wallet 1.5 and installed it on my computer, as soon as I opened it all my addresses were already contained. Is that normal? I keep hearing people talk about how they have to manually import their wallet.dat and that is what I was expecting.. Is that only if you lost or deleted your previous wallet? I didn't delete my wallet 1.4 before installing the new one.

Thanks,

No it will find them
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Thanks,
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Just wait for Blackcoin to crash - once that dump occurs, and it WILL occur, there will be hundreds of bitcoin on Mintpal in the hands of traders who have got the bug for making quick cash. There are only a few real opportunities to make money on the currencies listed on Mintpal - MINT has shown what it is capable off when invested in en masse, I have no doubt it will happen again.

Contrary to what many here are claiming, most of the sells for MINT in the past say 48 hours have nothing to do with perceived shortcomings in the coin - they are simply average joes cashing out in the hope that they can ride the Blackcoin and HVC (to a degree) bandwagon, make a bit of profit, then buy make MORE Mint after.

This coin has growing merchant support, it has been stable around 18,19,20 even though many millions have been flogged off, it's in good shape.

If your not happy with the return you get MINTING the solution is to buy more MINT - The more you have the faster you mint!

I have to agree with you about mint is a strong coin with a strong backing I just threw a million in my wallet and I'm gonna hold on to em for atleast a few months I don't see this coin dying off atleast not anytime soon!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Just wait for Blackcoin to crash - once that dump occurs, and it WILL occur, there will be hundreds of bitcoin on Mintpal in the hands of traders who have got the bug for making quick cash. There are only a few real opportunities to make money on the currencies listed on Mintpal - MINT has shown what it is capable off when invested in en masse, I have no doubt it will happen again.

Contrary to what many here are claiming, most of the sells for MINT in the past say 48 hours have nothing to do with perceived shortcomings in the coin - they are simply average joes cashing out in the hope that they can ride the Blackcoin and HVC (to a degree) bandwagon, make a bit of profit, then buy make MORE Mint after.

This coin has growing merchant support, it has been stable around 18,19,20 even though many millions have been flogged off, it's in good shape.

If your not happy with the return you get MINTING the solution is to buy more MINT - The more you have the faster you mint!
Too much to quote above

Okay, you got me there, I should never say never. I guess that means you can't predict the future either.. soo why are you here spreading FUD?

Also, perhaps I was trying to reuse your use of "irony". Which really wasn't ironic at all- people misuse that word a lot... I would be more akin to calling it sarcasm.

I'm not spreading FUD. I see suddenly that the incoming amount of possible money might dilute my % pie.
Also , inflation coins are not always seen with good eyes here on this forum. Remember , bitcoin was created and has grown because of it (one of the reasons).

Secondary I always advise on use , not holding (apart when shit news are entering the horizon and sheep panic).

I've got caught in something I suddenly , because i didn't pay to much attention to it , don't like it. And I'm a bad loser sometimes.

Lol I wish you would have been here a few days ago when somebody came on here talking about how Mintcoin is doomed because it is too deflationary... I'll scrape up the post if I get the chance.
Activity: 826
in defi we trust
Too much to quote above

Okay, you got me there, I should never say never. I guess that means you can't predict the future either.. soo why are you here spreading FUD?

Also, perhaps I was trying to reuse your use of "irony". Which really wasn't ironic at all- people misuse that word a lot... I would be more akin to calling it sarcasm.

I'm not spreading FUD. I see suddenly that the incoming amount of possible money might dilute my % pie.
Also , inflation coins are not always seen with good eyes here on this forum. Remember , bitcoin was created and has grown because of it (one of the reasons).

Secondary I always advise on use , not holding (apart when shit news are entering the horizon and sheep panic).

I've got caught in something I suddenly , because i didn't pay to much attention to it , don't like it. And I'm a bad loser sometimes.

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

I dumped all my MINT for Blackcoin days ago. The MINT dev refused to tell us what he spent the 700 million MINT on. That was worth hundreds of BTC at the peak of MINT price.

Compare that to Blackcoin. ZERO premine yet Blackcoin still has a more transparent list of bounties. And even without 100 BTC of premine, Blackcoin is bringing more innovation to the table eg bcmultipool.

Then there is the fact MINT has 20% interest rate. Even the most hardened MINTer will admit that is too high.

What was the nail in coffin for me with MINT was the fact they put a super shitty logo on the mintcoin subreddit when there were much better ones. I find it fishy that won the community vote when almost everyone complained about it after it was chosen and nothing changed. Plus read through the devs comments on reddit and here, he was writing stuff like "Lol sell" and can't be bothered to work when the price was dropping and people were asking him questions and basically wanting reassurance.

And there's the fact MINT dev keeps saying mintcoin has nothing to do with Mintpal. Sorry don't believe that for various reasons.

So i've switched to Blackcoin. It's basically the coin mintcoin should have been imo.

Stop fixating on the premine, it is but one factor involved in the initial distribution. Lets look at another factor, which involves the other 99% (or 100% in BC's case) of the coin (i.e. lets pay attention to where the majority of the coins are going, which is more important): 1 week of mining versus 5 weeks of mining. So.. approx 99% of PoW Mint was distributed over 5 weeks, whereas 100% of PoW BC was distributed over 1 week. This analysis is far from perfect because there are too many factors involved but lets simplify the model to get the point across by assuming the same number of miners join per week for each coin, that would give Mintcoin slightly less than 5X the distribution of BC through PoW (slightly less than 5X since its 99% of the coins not 100% being distributed). But, the number of miners that hop on a coin per unit time is not a constant, the more time that passes since the release the more people that learn about and become interested in the coin and begin mining the coin (assuming the release was a good one, and interest in said coin grows). As such, it seems safe to assume that there is a modest acceleration in the number of adopters/time as time since the release of the coin increases. As such, the number of miners/week that started mining Mint during the later weeks is probably larger than the number of miners that joined in the first week for either Mint or BC. So, taking that into consideration, the rate of distribution should increase over time meaning that 5 weeks will result in MORE than 5X the distribution when compared to 1 week of distribution. Of course, this is ignoring the increase in difficulty as a function of time

Short version: Distribution is not linear with time, I would expect it to have a positive derivative: f(x) = miners/time ; f'(x) is positive aka (miners/time)/time is increasing- meaning that 5 weeks of mining versus 1 week of mining is actually more than 5X the amount of distribution.

That's all just assumption and hand waving. I'm dealing with the cold hard facts here. Rather than counter my points you want to focus on hand waving and silly assumptions that can be manipulated to either of our benefit.

But entertaining you for a second if you consult mintcoinrichlist.com and the blackcoin richlist: http://agran.net/bc_getbalance.php?top=100

As of five minutes ago the top 29 mintcoin addresses hold 30% of all mintcoins. And calculating for blackcoin we see the top 28 blackcoin addresses hold 30% of all blackcoins.

That is remarkably similar. Regardless, the distribution in both of them will only grow over time. I have no concern about such matters and don't want to get dragged into a pointless discussion about it since the facts can be twisted too easily. Wink

Take into account that there are 20 exchanges for mintcoin, and several of those giant wallets are exchange wallets.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Sources? (I believe you, I just would like it backed up by sources).
Monero Core Team
I lost all faith in this coin when the greedy Mintcoin dev asked for 5 million MINT donation from the community to work on a Mint <-> USD exchange, after he's already received 700 million MINT premine.
He never did and you know it (could someone less tired than me (it is pretty late in my timezone) just find the permalink?) plus, he announced several fiat exchanges on this list.

What I said about intellectual honesty still holds true. You know, since the price is pretty stable, you can still day-trade for mintcoins and be back in the game without bitterness Smiley
If you really believe in this coin for the long term and it becomes a worldwide currency it will be a worse plague than fiat.
It won't be 20% inflation, but less than that because that 20% presumes that 100% of the coins will sit quietly and acquire coin age, which is false.

Even at 5%, if this were possible, it is less than the inflation of the money supply. If you think that cryptos and altcoins are worse than fiat, then you have no idea how central banks and the debt-money scam works.

which gives the highest payout at 20% the first year, then decrease 5% per year until the 4th year it reaches annual interest rate of 5%, then it will remain at this rate.

And I do hope the coding is right and we don't end like DOGE who turned to inflation overnight due to dizzy devs.

The payout is set to 20% for the first year and etc as the post says.. The payout is 20% for all coins put to stake. The point Geode is making is that 100% of the coins are not going to be put to stake because some of them will be circulating so the overall effective payout will be lower than 20%. On the individual level it is still 20% for whatever you put to stake so if you put all your coins to stake then yes, you will get 20% return in the first year. If the entire market put 100% of the coins to stake then the entire market would get a 20% return but that is not going to happen. Does this make sense or is it "too subtle for you?"

Rule nr#1 from the first day on this forum.
Never say never.

Secondary if 20% isn't possible 15% is , and that is still too much. Also is an incentive for people to hoard and not use mint , that can cripple it beyond repair. Not used coin / dead coin.
Talking about free money out of nothing doing nothing.

About the subtle part...you obviously have no clue about irony , so I won't bother.

Monero Core Team
What was the nail in coffin for me with MINT was the fact they put a super shitty logo on the mintcoin subreddit when there were much better ones. I find it fishy that won the community vote when almost everyone complained about it after it was chosen and nothing changed.
Heard of something called democracy?
There had been a vote. The chosen logo won by a large majority. It was a two-round system, using a reverse-indirect voting (the opposite of US presidential election): first-round by professional designers to create shortlist; second round everyone could vote.
http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,340.msg1485.html#msg1485

Intellectual honesty would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

And there's the fact MINT dev keeps saying mintcoin has nothing to do with Mintpal. Sorry don't believe that for various reasons.
What could prove you right or wrong? Absolutely nothing save official documents (like dev's ID and Mintpal's registration papers)? What's the point arguing on something that cannot be changed, mmh?

Quote from: mr_random link=topic=450381.msg5703173#msg5703173 So i've switched to Blackcoin. It's basically the coin mintcoin should have been imo.[/quote

That's the most interesting part of your comment, indeed. I'd like everyone to give me thoughts about the differences you see between BlackCoin, MintCoin and GhostCoin. Not only the technological differences but how it would impact.
MintCoin ends up being a middle term between BlackCoin and GhostCoin but it also has non-technological specifities.

Comparing Black, Mint and Ghost would be interesting, don't you think so?
(I hold no Ghost and forgot to backup my poorly-funded Blackcoin wallet when I formatted my harddrive to install Manjaro Linux)
in defi we trust

The payout is set to 20% for the first year and etc as the post says.. The payout is 20% for all coins put to stake. The point Geode is making is that 100% of the coins are not going to be put to stake because some of them will be circulating so the overall effective payout will be lower than 20%. On the individual level it is still 20% for whatever you put to stake so if you put all your coins to stake then yes, you will get 20% return in the first year. If the entire market put 100% of the coins to stake then the entire market would get a 20% return but that is not going to happen. Does this make sense or is it "too subtle for you?"

Rule nr#1 from the first day on this forum.
Never say never.

Secondary if 20% isn't possible 15% is , and that is still too much. Also is an incentive for people to hoard and not use mint , that can cripple it beyond repair. Not used coin / dead coin.
Talking about free money out of nothing doing nothing.

About the subtle part...you obviously have no clue about irony , so I won't bother. Even more with it coming from a newbie that spend all his post on this thread alone. Wink just like a shill would do.

in defi we trust

also 20% minting on all coins unmoved for 20 days or more will not create a "20% inflation rate". Those are weasel words.A more rational outlook says maybe a quarter of the existing coins will actually do any substantial minting. When the minting is at 5% and only 25% or so of existing coins are actully doing any substantial minting that will be about the right amount of inflation to maintain liquidity, around 2%

How about some charts and facts to back up that little claim of yours :?

I dumped all my MINT for Blackcoin days ago. The MINT dev refused to tell us what he spent the 700 million MINT on. That was worth hundreds of BTC at the peak of MINT price.

Compare that to Blackcoin. ZERO premine yet Blackcoin still has a more transparent list of bounties. And even without 100 BTC of premine, Blackcoin is bringing more innovation to the table eg bcmultipool.

Then there is the fact MINT has 20% interest rate. Even the most hardened MINTer will admit that is too high.

What was the nail in coffin for me with MINT was the fact they put a super shitty logo on the mintcoin subreddit when there were much better ones. I find it fishy that won the community vote when almost everyone complained about it after it was chosen and nothing changed. Plus read through the devs comments on reddit and here, he was writing stuff like "Lol sell" and can't be bothered to work when the price was dropping and people were asking him questions and basically wanting reassurance.

So i've switched to Blackcoin. It's basically the coin mintcoin should have been imo.

Stop fixating on the premine, it is but one factor involved in the initial distribution. Lets look at another factor, which involves the other 99% (or 100% in BC's case) of the coin (i.e. lets pay attention to where the majority of the coins are going, which is more important): 1 week of mining versus 5 weeks of mining. So.. approx 99% of PoW Mint was distributed over 5 weeks, whereas 100% of PoW BC was distributed over 1 week. This analysis is far from perfect because there are too many factors involved but lets simplify the model to get the point across by assuming the same number of miners join per week for each coin, that would give Mintcoin slightly less than 5X the distribution of BC through PoW (slightly less than 5X since its 99% of the coins not 100% being distributed). But, the number of miners that hop on a coin per unit time is not a constant, the more time that passes since the release the more people that learn about and become interested in the coin and begin mining the coin (assuming the release was a good one, and interest in said coin grows). As such, it seems safe to assume that there is a modest acceleration in the number of adopters/time as time since the release of the coin increases. As such, the number of miners/week that started mining Mint during the later weeks is probably larger than the number of miners that joined in the first week for either Mint or BC. So, taking that into consideration, the rate of distribution should increase over time meaning that 5 weeks will result in MORE than 5X the distribution when compared to 1 week of distribution. Of course, this is ignoring the increase in difficulty as a function of time

Short version: Distribution is not linear with time, I would expect it to have a positive derivative: f(x) = miners/time ; f'(x) is positive aka (miners/time)/time is increasing- meaning that 5 weeks of mining versus 1 week of mining is actually more than 5X the amount of distribution.

That's all just assumption and hand waving. I'm dealing with the cold hard facts here. Rather than counter my points you want to focus on hand waving and silly assumptions that can be manipulated to either of our benefit.

But entertaining you for a second if you consult mintcoinrichlist.com and the blackcoin richlist: http://agran.net/bc_getbalance.php?top=100

As of five minutes ago the top 29 mintcoin addresses hold 30% of all mintcoins. And calculating for blackcoin we see the top 28 blackcoin addresses hold 30% of all blackcoins.

That is remarkably similar. Regardless, the distribution in both of them will only grow over time. I have no concern about such matters and don't want to get dragged into a pointless discussion about it since the facts can be twisted too easily. Wink

"As of five minutes ago the top 29 mintcoin addresses hold 30% of all mintcoins. And calculating for blackcoin we see the top 28 blackcoin addresses hold 30% of all blackcoins."

HAHA there are some cold hard facts that work against your stance that you just posted yourself. SO, a smaller number of BC addresses hold the same percentage of coin that a larger number of Mintcoin address do... and that is without a premine for BC... in other words, you just confirmed all the assumptions and hand waving I just did above because you just demonstrated that the distribution of mintcoin is better despite the premine..

edit: Thanks! I was too lazy to look at the numbers myself. Looks like my assumptions were at least partially right, though.
in defi we trust

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

Jump to: